FJ-62 T-case actuator solenoids (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you fellas called Cdan. he got one to me in about 4 days.

anyone please help, winter is approaching fast and i can not engage my 4wd.

thanks
spence

If the switching the hoses trick isnt working, i would try bypassing the solenoids all together and running a vacuum line straight from the manifold to the 4wd side of shifter diapraghm, i think the hardline closest to the passenger side is the one that needs vacuum to engage the 4wd.

-Matt

Have you fellas called Cdan. he got one to me in about 4 days.

Within the last two weeks?

I orderd the 88690-2B340 back in early September and there was not an issue getting them...

wow......if this is a discontinued part......then why did I have 2 of them just show up at my dealer?

Probably because you just got the last two that were in the Toyota distribution network... ;)

I put four on B/O....we will see what happens....

:beer:

solenoid

poser keep us updated, i sure would take 2 off your hands at a reasonable price.

spence

Cdan confirmed, it is a discontinued part....I will still check on that valve on my subaru that is virtually the exact thing...

That sucks the big one. No I orderd mine about 4 weeks ago. He found mine somewere in Kansas. I guess its MAC valves from now on.

If people would like a couple pictures of the mac valves setup i can snap a couple, my setup is kinda ghetto fab but it works like a charm. Might be nice to be able to visualize how it works.

-Matt

If people would like a couple pictures of the mac valves setup i can snap a couple, my setup is kinda ghetto fab but it works like a charm. Might be nice to be able to visualize how it works.

-Matt
I added picutres to my original post. Dont know if they are ghetto like yours.
kkt

I added picutres to my original post. Dont know if they are ghetto like yours.
kkt

No, yours is very pretty, mine are ziptied to the stock bracket that is rotated 180 degrees towards the passenger side so it hangs down low enough to clear the hood, and the autoparts store i went to only had 1/4 inch NPT nipples so ive got a little peice of 1/4 in hose then a plastic 1/4 inch to 1/8 adapter then the stock vacuum line. Very, Very, VERY ghetto. Works perfect though :).

-Matt

I would like a pic of the setup. For some reason when i first read the tech it sounded complicated.

Gracias

I would like a pic of the setup. For some reason when i first read the tech it sounded complicated.

Gracias
Go to post #44 in this thread and there is a picture as well as part numbers and insturctions.

finally broke down and used the MAC valves previously posted. Got tired of waiting on the Celica solenoid valve to materialize from parts purgatory. Learned a few lessons.
1) Don't buy your vacuum hoses from Advance Auto Supply. Get 'em from Toyota/SOR/Man-A-Fre. They fit better and it doesn't take much of a leak to kill the whole system.
2) Toyota didn't want anybody to jimmy-rig their solenoids. They managed to put enough things in the way so that the bracket has to stick out about 3" from the firewall for everything to fit.

total price: $55 for valves, fittings, 2 sets of vacuum hoses, metal for bracket, wiring connectors.

But it works!!!

Pics included.
PB110006.jpg

There is a valve on 95-99 Subaru Lagacy wagons I will bet 20 bucks will work, and I beleive the electrical connector is the same. It is the EGR valve solenoid. I will find a part # for sure.

There is a valve on 95-99 Subaru Lagacy wagons I will bet 20 bucks will work, and I beleive the electrical connector is the same. It is the EGR valve solenoid. I will find a part # for sure.

That would be great since 88690-2B340 is no longer available.

Toyota does however use a number of other electrically controlled vacuum switching valves in other applications that I am sure could be made to work with not a whole lot of screwing around or $$$.

I have a couple 4runners here that have some different ones on the engine and I am going to remove a few and install them into this application and see what happens..

Keep us posted on the Suby part.

:beer:

I called three dealers on the Celica A/C idle-up solenoid. The first
two said that there were none in the country. The third said the same,
but when I asked him for ideas he said wait a minute...a minute later
he came back on the phone and said there's a dealer in northern CA
who has one in stock. He gave me the phone #, I called that dealer,
they did in fact have one in stock, the UPSed it to me, it took ~15
minutes to install and works perfectly.

So the moral of the story: it's worth calling around a bit. Sorry
to say I got the last one from that northern CA dealer. But I expect
there may be others sitting in dealers' parts rooms.

-Phrog

I would be very suprised to find that there isnt some other part that is identical to the yota valve that is from another application. Someday i may just go to a parts store and ask for a bunch of toyota idle up solenoids and see what works.

-Matt

I would be very suprised to find that there isnt some other part that is identical to the yota valve that is from another application. Someday i may just go to a parts store and ask for a bunch of toyota idle up solenoids and see what works.

-Matt

I tell ya, that Subaru valve I mentioned above sure looks the same, and I beleve the electrical connection is the same...I have never looked into it as mine is fixed now....with the a/c idle up valve I spliced in

If I was to put togeter a Mac Valve kit including all you need for the setup and a mounting bracket. Would any one buy one for $50 Shipped it is just a tought.

Moody, Poser, any updates on your possibilities?

won't help me since i got nailed for the $500+ for install but in the event someone else is looking... plus i kept the old one and would love to be able to repair it in case the other one doesn't last 18 more years ;)

sadly since i had not found this website before now i could have found one of these last fall since i did it last october

i was checking my mitchell guide to see where it is located so i could go to the junkyard to see if i could find one and i checked 92 and 93 and they both state the same as 90-91

VSV is located on the right rear corner of the engine compartment

Last edited:
new possible part number and new price...

first the bad news new price roughly 140
new part number for 91-93 - 17600-74120

according to mitchell after 93 the vsv switched to being temp based and would close at 68° so unless you only want 2wd above 68° it will do no good.
can anyone check and see if this is a valid interchange? apparently there are some in canada no sure if any others in US

what would be nice is to find the source of the part and see if we could buy direct

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom