FJ-62 T-case actuator solenoids (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have more faith in your Toy dealership than I have in mine. They weren't too excited about scrounging for a $17 part. However, they were ALL OVER the $400 original replacement!!

I am going to go to my local dealer and see if I can get 2. If I can, and anyone needs one, I will keep the 3rd one around..

I just ordered two from my local dealership. 18.10 each. I should have them Tuesday. I want to keep one for a spare in case the top one goes out, so if anyone needs the other, let me know.

mac valves

Glad people are still using the mac valve replacement. I found this on an old land cruiser digest post so I am not the original inventor. Here it is again if anyone is having trouble finding it. The valves are industrial quality and should last forever.

Fix for Vaccum Selonoid Transfer Switch

By Keil Thompson

Here is the solution if your vaccum selonoid fails:

Parts:
mac 35a-aaa-ddba-1ba valve 12v 2 each total $ 34.00
arrow asp-1 exh muffler 2 each total 3.20
28-4-2 parker fitting-qty 4 each total 0.44
Grand Total for two complete valve assemblies $39.64

Installation:
The mac valves have three slots for the fittings.
I used teflon tape to get a good seal.
The exhaust fitting goes in the top numbered 3.
Install the parker fittings in the other two screw intakes>
The line from the manifold goes into the fitting that is marked 1
on the mac valve.
The line from the transfer goes into fitting marked 2.
Cut the old wire leads off and connect the mac valve leads
connect the vaccum lines.
I formed a mounting bracket out of aluminum.

To find mac valve dealer go to www.macvalves.com
I got mine here in ga. from tsi solutions 770-879-3500 but i think
that they only sell in georgia
mac 001.JPG

Last edited:
I used the solenoid from the celica. The instalation was very simple. plug and play. The MAC valvs seem a little more involved. Best 20 bucks spent on the cruiser so far.

I used the solenoid from the celica. The instalation was very simple. plug and play. The MAC valvs seem a little more involved. Best 20 bucks spent on the cruiser so far.
As I stated earlier in this thread, it was crazily easy to use the Celica valve. I agree that is most likely the easiest. I have a similar valve on my Subaru that would be interesting to try...

they are there to provide a service not to make life hard, tell them to do there fxxxing job and look for the damn part. .....for christ sake...........its not like they have to even work........just type in the part # you gave them........

Yes I have a GREAT parts guy...........but thats beside the point

You have more faith in your Toy dealership than I have in mine. They weren't too excited about scrounging for a $17 part. However, they were ALL OVER the $400 original replacement!!

p/up at advance or other part store?

is this solenoid a part you can get from a local parts store or strictly available from the dealership?

spence

Toyota part, Toyota dealer.

if I was a bastard, I would have just bought em all and sold em for $50 :D

is this solenoid a part you can get from a local parts store or strictly available from the dealership?

spence

Got a call today that they are discontinued as well...???

Im not gonna harp on this too much cuz i think i stepped on some toes earlier in the thread, but the mac valves are really a sinch. Snip the old wires, put crimp connectors on them, connect to new valves, stick the hoses on, four wheel it. Getting the valves tidy might take 5 minutes to make a new bracket, but zip ties hold them on the stock bracket just fine.

Do what you want, but dont think the MAC valves are involved or anything.

I already fixed mine, but it looks like that is going to be the newest way to do things Agent Orange...

I already fixed mine, but it looks like that is going to be the newest way to do things Agent Orange...

Seems to me that the mac valves thing is an old solution, i certainly didnt come up with it. Just be sure whatever you get for the exhuast port is completely freeflowing, that caused a couple issues for me.

-Matt

landpimp

come on landpimp give us a new part #.

spence

I am going to check on a strangely similar valve on my Subaru to see if it will work...let you all know

same part # as posted. there was one sitting in Portland last week and 2 others someplace else, its NOT a dead part..........but the idiot behind the counter where you went/called saw its a D rated item........he assumed D was for discontinued........its not, just low demand, F rated is dead.......but not always.

come on landpimp give us a new part #.

spence

wow......if this is a discontinued part......then why did I have 2 of them just show up at my dealer?

I went back there today to the dealer. The guy I spoke with did some poking around on the computer, and it seems he can get them. I have to wait a bit, but I will get 2 of them. Sweet!

I hate dealerships

alright so i was given the run around at my local dealership modern toyota and they are unable to source the parts i am looking for. i told him all he needed to know about the part inlcuding the fact that it is not discontinued. he gave me this bs answer that his computer only searches the southeast toyota parts and that i would have to call different regions to try to find it.

anyone please help, winter is approaching fast and i can not engage my 4wd.

thanks
spence

I was told once again it is discontinued. I will check around and see what else I can find...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom