FJ-62 T-case actuator solenoids (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Killer. Thanks a bunch. Looks pretty straightforward. I think my local dealer told me 430 for the new solenoids. I should have them tomorrow, and I will put them in Sat. AM and let you know how it turns out.

ridiculous how the virtually identical part can have such a discrepancy in price all because it says "Land Cruiser" I say we sack and pillage American Toyota and take CDan as a ransom hostage!

Didn't get them in at the dealer...Should have them tomorrow night. I will post up pics. One question: Should I do both? I ordered two, but I have a feeling it is only the lower one???

Originally Posted by overhanger
from a 90-1 Celica for the AC idle up, list price is $17.60 part # is 88690
2B340

Is it the same part number for both valves? I dont know wich one is the "bad" one so might as well replace both.

I am actually going to do this tonight after work. I will post up pics of the final product. Boy, 430 for new parts, or 20 bucks for the other Toy part, which does the same thing...wow.

Done. Almost pissed me off it was so easy. 430 for the dealer assembly, 22 for the other part. Crazily rediculous. Overhanger, you are my hero.

Did you replace both valves with the same part number?

I "think" so. The lower one on the firewall is the disengage solenoid and the one that goes bad since it is almost always on. Start with that one - I'd bet the upper one is just fine and will be for as long as you have the Cruiser.

hightide said:
Originally Posted by overhanger
2B340

Is it the same part number for both valves? I dont know wich one is the "bad" one so might as well replace both.

I only replaced the bottom one. I ordered 2, but they only ordered 1 for some reason. Works like a charm. I will be ordering another in the next little bit here as a backup...

called dealer with part number. they told me part was discontinued. bummer!!

After trying several parts places in my area and finding nada I called Cdan. I know, should have been my first choice. I was just trying to see if I could get localy and save on time. Should have part in next week. Thanks Dan.

I am doing this on my build up....I am turning the vac assmbley into linkage. heres how.

I am going to drill a hole in the top and thread a longer rod on to the one that is already in there. Then find a dust boot to cover it. Run linkage from there to a second shifter(twin stick). There already is a seal in the vac shifter that holds gear oil in. So you just need a dust boot to cover it.

It is prob not super water tight for deep water crossing, But everything I am sure its good to go.

bravo. Done and done.
I,too, have the Toyota solenoids of death. The Celica a/c solenoid has been discontinued. The word must have gotten out. I have ???
1) Which of the MAC valves did you get?
2) Were you able to continue to use the dashboard switch? (and the wiring, for that matter)
3) did you have to punch inconvenient holes in the firewall to pass vacuum hoses like others that tried Norgren valves?

solenoid

oops. Never mind. I found the list. :doh:

solenoid

Yeah, KKT posted a shopping list for parts including needed to replace the 4X4 shift solenoids using the more reliable (hopefully) MAC valves on a different thread.

hey.......I know that part # :) glad you hung onto it......cause I would have never found it again.

this also works for the AC idel up selnoid and I bet a bunch of others

2B340

I bet there are others that will work, this part # came from my parts guy a few years ago, he only thought of using it beccause he had a 91 Celica......so I am sure there are other selnoids for similar price that will work the same.

I'll give him a ring today to see if he can come up with something else.

called dealer with part number. they told me part was discontinued. bummer!!

I have a similar solenoid on my Subaru that I bet would work...

part # 88690-2B340 still good and in stock, its a D rated item, 3 in the country as of today, should be no problem getting more from Japan if needed.

if you dealer can't get it.........tell him to look for a job at McDonalds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom