First Cruiser! Anyone know what this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
So I finally bought a Land Cruiser! FJ62. I'm sure this will be my first question of many...

What is this?

I'm trying to upload a picture but if it doesn't work it's between the antenna button and the cigarette lighter. It says Clifford? It's a little red light with two buttons above it.

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

If it's like most of those systems, as typically installed, your best bet would be to carefully and fully remove it.

Clifford Ejector seat (driver's).

Car alarm and most likely electric door locks or possibly windows? Looking at the buttons above the red one. Agree that the best thing to do is remove it completely if you don't have the documentation on it. Sometimes you can get lucky and find the model and google for the install instructions, but vintage alarms its about a needle in a haystack serach. If you have to have a car alarm, get a modern one and put all the papers in your reciepts folder. Some future repair person (probably you) will be happy to find it.

Good luck on your cruiser

Glenn in Marana, AZ

Hi, Remove very carefully . A friend took one out fast and could not restart his cruiser. After a Toyota tech could not restart it. I got it figured out...4 hours latter. Mike

Welcome to the forum, always good to have more Hawaii representation! Nice 62, do you have anymore pictures you can post of it? Hard to tell from the one picture, but looks like you have some pretty serious roof rust going on up there. What are your plans with it? Looking to do any kind of restoration work on it, using it as a daily driver, or planning for more of a trail truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom