Fine Wire Bending / Welding? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Have something in mind for the back and wondering what kind of welder(?) I need to find--someone who can cut and bend fine wire and then weld together. Here's a fancy example of the kind of thing I'm looking to have done. How can I find someone accustomed to more "delicate" work--what kinds of services would they be advertising? Also--if you can recommend anyone in the Los Angeles area...

Fine Wire Frame.jpg

What metal?

Tig, or oxy-acetylene or oxy-propane torch.

Do it yourself?

I think you can buy disposable oxy and acetylene bottles, and buy a small welding torch kit

Youtube to learn how to fusion weld. Oxy-acetylene welding is quite simple once you understand some basics, and is possibly more controllable.

I've found TIG welding fine wire is a little tricky to not have the arc erode the wire when striking the arc or finishing the weld. (In happy to accept this could simply be operator error/ lack of skill)

Metal artists for what you're looking for. Could also look up wrought-iron workers, as that borders on artistic metal work and that's where you'll find what you're looking for.

You could also inquire at Mom-and-Pop jewelry stores to find someone to do this.

80 series tech?

I am still a little lost. What is a lady truck garage and this goes in the back of what?
Think of it as a frame for a ceiling- mounted interior lighting enclosure, most likely attaching at handle mounts. Strike the garage bit.

Make it out of copper wire and solder it yourself with a soldering gun or a propane torch. Use some acid flux on the joints before assembling. Wrap the joints with fine copper wire to position everything before soldering, to make things easier.

Or post on Craigslist looking for someone to do a small metal art project.

Make it out of copper wire and solder it yourself with a soldering gun or a propane torch. Use some acid flux on the joints before assembling. Wrap the joints with fine copper wire to position everything before soldering, to make things easier.

Or post on Craigslist looking for someone to do a small metal art project.
This.

And please show us when done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom