Finally got a LC v2.0! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figured out what the aftermarket switch on my right side dash is for, switches between the Bosch horns that replaced the stockers, and the air horn setup. I came up with this theory in the shower, and it took a few days to get somewhere I could blast on the horn to test it without drawing a lot of attention to myself and looking stupid. Really happy to get that sorted though, I didn't want to put it through safety inspection with the air horns active, can't see that going over, lol.

Now how did I miss this thread, prob partly I have not been as active on Mud these days...

Congrats dude!

...via IH8MUD app

RHD? Parkade? No problem!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410838192.224476.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410838207.806572.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410838216.240289.jpg

Made this from a cheap Princess Auto retractable inspection mirror. You could easily attach a clip if some sort instead for passing credit cards or cash too. Could even stand to be an extra 6", but way, way better than reaching when you're riding solo.

Still waiting on parts to get it safetied and plated.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for a conversion harness to put some FJ80 headlights in the truck to pass safety, but a series if miscommunications resulted in that not being shipped out. What I do have is the harness to connect my retrofitted DEPO's, so that's what happened last night!

The DEPO's have e-code markings on the lense, but I fear the retrofit could cause issues for the inspector, I guess we'll find out.

Install was fairly straightforward, but I think one of my high beam bulbs isn't properly seated, and the high beam on one of the bi-xenon projectors isn't working, so I have some fiddling left to do.

Here's a before pic of the JDM headlights (H4 low/high, H3 fog), then one of the new units (bi-xenon projector/H1 high) with new LX450 corner lights, then with the OEM orange corner lights, which is what I ended up liking best.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411145251.855143.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411145291.555146.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411145308.071796.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411145318.021778.jpg

They need to be aimed badly, should get a chance to mess with that this weekend.

Seatbelts should be here today, DRL module goes in on Monday, then it's time for the safety inspection, finally!

RHD? Parkade? No problem!

Made this from a cheap Princess Auto retractable inspection mirror. You could easily attach a clip if some sort instead for passing credit cards or cash too. Could even stand to be an extra 6", but way, way better than reaching when you're riding solo.

Still waiting on parts to get it safetied and plated.

LOL! I have been looking for a solution for that very problem! That would be much better than pulling the e brake and climbing over everything.

:cheers:

Went and got 5 x 285/75/16 Duratracs installed today!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411164443.585230.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411164458.384166.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411164484.601401.jpg

Dropped it off last night to have the DRL module installed, command start w/ turbo timer, and remove the toll machine and inoperable turbo timer while he's in there.

That leaves front seatbelts before it will go in for safety, which are proving to be tough to find in the correct style. I've now purchased a used set and a new set that had the wrong style upper B-pillar mount, they won't work for my truck with adjustable shoulder height. Hopefully 3rd time's a charm!

Truck has now passed safety, didn't need anything mechanically, just the regular (to MB) RHD stuff like headlights, corner lights, DRL's, seatbelts, etc. Should have plates at some point next week, temp is good for another few weeks anyway. Feels great to have that hurdle behind me, now onto more interesting things!

Replaced all 4 window runs/guides tonight as one was torn in the corner, and the rest were 21 years old. Windows are quicker, and the slight chatter in my driver's side window is gone completely!

The lower felt strip on the inner weather stripping is coming off on both front doors (driver's side is completely detached, passenger side is just starting), I'm hoping they are still available.

I also unpacked and assembled my fuel heater setup, it's already getting to freezing at nights here, I'm going to need that sooner than later I'm afraid. Still need to figure out what I'm going to do for a coolant heater. Last truck I had a 1500w circulating heater, it gave me issues with drawing too much power at work's plug ins and blowing circuits, so I might try one of the 1000w or smaller versions this time around.

Congrats on the purchase!

Looks like you had a beautiful ride back from the west coast.

Are those wheels OE JDM?

Congrats on the purchase!

Looks like you had a beautiful ride back from the west coast.

Are those wheels OE JDM?

Thanks! The trip was great, love driving through the mountains!

The wheels are Weds Super Madmaster's, not OEM.

So what are the plans for this truck Ian? DD mild build or something other?

Happy to see you back in an 80 considering the past.

:cheers:

For the 1st while I'll be trying to get it all up to date on maintenance, it already has a lift (unidentified, I'm thinking black springs likely = OME of some sort), needs shocks (still original e-adjustables), I'd like to add some creature comfort things like a stereo and heated seats, and slowly add to it. Having a 3rd vehicle makes life a lot easier, as it no longer has to go back together so I can get to work in the morning. Lots of little things like re-doing the tint, should keep me busy for a while.

Truck gets used for hiking with the dogs, as my daughter gets older I'll be taking her out with us as well, and family trips kind of thing. Not a hardcore wheeler, but I'll hit some trail days if possible. I'll also use it to tow a double ski-doo trailer once snow files, so more of a general use build.

Finally got plates today!!! For some reason this process seemed a lot harder this time around, I'm thinking directly related to how much less spare time I have these days. Feels good to have that out of the way!

That is one ugly f'in truck. Have to rip those stickers off, and then lend her out to us in America to put some pinstripes, dents, and some dogs in it to rip that pretty interior up. Maybe then she'll look good.

Ha just messin. Nice rig man! Don't fall asleep in your garage this time smoking that damn green Canuck tobaccy

Sweet! I have to admit I am a bit jelly of the Depo retro's.... I was going to go down that road but cheaper out and just threw the depo's in with philips bulbs and it was a vast improvement over stock

My dream truck! Supah clean Supah mean Supah baddd assss!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom