Finally got a LC v2.0! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, this is truly awesome Ian. Just echoing all above said comments! Love how clean all the details and nitty gritty are.

By way of an update, picked the truck up from ATEB yesterday, those guys went above and beyond to get all my work done in only 3 days, very grateful for their efforts!

I pulled all the chrome strips off in a parking lot, glue and dirt still on the truck, but looks much better already. Here's the only pic I've taken so far.

So nice to have a fridge again, I've really missed that! Truck also appears to have some sort of weapons grade horn upgrade, scared the s*** out of me, and the wife wants me to remove them when we get home, lol.

Today we head to kelowna where we will spend a few days, wish us luck!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408897006.437324.jpg

Here's a skill testing question for you guys, I've got some electronics in the truck that don't work, including the clock, radio (most important), interior lights, vanity mirror lights, and headlight washers. I've checked all the fuses, and they appear fine, and the cigarette lighter works fine, which I thought was on the same fuse as the radio and clock. The batteries were dead when it was unloaded from the container, and they had to boost it, batteries have since been replaced. Where should I be checking?

Last edited:
Bump for some help with the electrical issue...

I had a quick look at the cover and didn't see anything I felt would be related to my issues, but it's probably worth a closer look.

One of the fuses in there covers all the items you mentioned I believe; certainly the clock and radio.

Last edited:
That did it! Thanks Douglas!

Just pulled into Revelstoke for lunch, beautiful scenery! Going as far as Golden today. Man I love this part of the country! Truck is running great, having a radio is great, but I found it nicer with the windows down and sunroof open.

On that note , figured this little guy out! This flap on the sunroof deflector swivels to direct air down into the truck at speed, pretty cool!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409084763.550192.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409084777.182858.jpg

Last edited:
Congrat!! Your truck look mint, the previous owner must baby it. Wish I live in Canada too, will buy one in no time, especially the 1hd-t!!

Made it to Fernie, BC today! Here's a few pics from along the way!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409181855.762705.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409181873.645582.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409181831.163677.jpg

Met up with Rickashay and his fiancé tonight in Fernie and shot the s*** for a bit! Truck is looking great Addison!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409196676.374112.jpg

Edit: wow that's a terrible pic, lol.

Last edited:
Well I got it home on Monday, trip went very well, truck was great. Been pretty busy since we got back, but I got it cleaned up pretty nice, removed the round receiver hitch, realized I have the wrong harness to put FJ80 headlights in, realized I bought the wrong seatbelts to swap into the truck (FJ80 rather than FJ80 I guess, my truck has the adj. shoulder height and the used belts I bought aren't compatible), discovered the secret behind the beefy horn, and identified a few things that need some attention.

So I finally got a chance to get right under the truck, and what do I find? This badboy. Wow. So I trace this black line around to the side of the truck, and there's a tank. And up on the framerail beside the tank, what looks like a compressor, which explains the buzzing noise I couldn't' figure out. I can't really explain how loud this thing really is, you have to be REALLY angry to use it, lol. There was a box of spare brackets from the front bumper, and the stock horns were in the box. So I looked on the truck and there are Bosch horns, so I tried them out. Scared the wife, she hates them, lol. I have no idea if the Bosch units even work, couldn't hear them if you wanted to.

I logged every tank of fuel and averaged 17.5 US mpg, with a best of 19.1, not bad. PO must have recalibrated the speedo, as it's dead on with 33's at all speeds, the odo is out 4% (under-reports). Truck ran well, but I felt it was getting pretty hot coming up some of the grades, felt like it had no power, I honestly expected a bit more out of it with the 3" exhaust, I don't think it currently has any more power than my last truck, maybe less. Maybe the tranny is the difference, as this one has the A442f and my last was the A440, I tightened the kickdown cable a few times and it felt better, but still not where I want it. I'll continue to play around with that.

The antanae on the back window are "Sharp Crystalvision", and they are actually each a set of rabbit ears, so there's 4 ears when they are all deployed. There's a unit of some sort inside the truck as well, I'll try and grab some pics of it all when I pull it out. There's also what I think is a toll machine that says something in Japanese everytime you start the truck, and a turbo timer I can't get to do anything, they'll all be getting removed. I'm also pulling all the purple tint out, as it's a home-job and looks terrible, where the sticker have been removed are dark areas as the rest has faded, just looks junky.

I'll be pulling the interior all apart and cleaning the panels and carpet, might actually see about pulling the carpet and cleaning it real well, and the truck underneath too. Going to try and knock that off this weekend. I also found what looks like an oil leak from above the turbo somewhere, so I'm going to look into that as well. I had an exhaust rattle that was driving me crazy, only when hot and I'd be stopped in traffic. If I put it in neutral it would stop. Found it was hitting the fiberglass/plastic belly guard, so a quick trim of the panel fixed that. Also went and priced out some new Duratracs, 285/75/16's again, as the speedo is calibrated for that, and it's already going to be real tight in my parkade at work with the sunroof deflector. New tires will go on the same wheels.

I need to wire in a DRL module, change the headlights (waiting on parts), and change the seatbelts (waiting on parts) before I can take it in for safety inspection, and then get permanent insurance. This was meant to be all done this week and finished before my temp permit expires Sept. 21, but it's starting to look like that might be a tough deadline to meet.

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1197.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

Your old truck should have also had an A442F...just the full hydraulic version compared to the electronically controlled unit in your new truck. I recall reading a few years ago in the diesel section that a 3" exhaust does not actually net any power gains on its own. It does lower EGT's though.

I've given up on the office parkade.

Your old truck should have also had an A442F...just the full hydraulic version compared to the electronically controlled unit in your new truck. I recall reading a few years ago in the diesel section that a 3" exhaust does not actually net any power gains on its own. It does lower EGT's though.

I've given up on the office parkade.

I was going from memory, is there no difference is designation between the full hydraulic and the electronically controlled A442F then?

Hey Ian! Glad you made it home safe and sound and it sounds like your whole trip went pretty good. It was great to see you, the wife, and the new rig!

I cant express how clean it is. The interior looks brand new. Definitely another great find and hopefully worth the wait. You should post a sound clip of the horns. haha

Extremely jealous....Canadians are lucky to have the 15 year rule. We have that crappy 25 year law here in the US. Looks like a great truck, really hope to have one like it some day.

As I'm waiting on parts, I got it all ready for a carpet shampoo, and wipe down of all plastics and panels! Also got the rear seatbelts swapped over.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409946862.170741.jpg

Got the carpets and seats all shampoo'd today, still working on a stubborn stain on the 2nd row floormat, but otherwise pretty happy with the results. Tomorrow I'll get all the plastics cleaned and many of them re-installed. I need to grab some seat bolts as the rear seats had these stupid tamper proof bolts that I had to remove with vice grips, then I can get the rear seats put back in. Swapped the rear seatbelts for USDM ones with the proper tags, waiting on some front ones still, hopefully by the end of next week.

IMG_1204[2].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom