FAWKING MIND BOGGLING - HitR 2016 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well, truth be known.... I have a local friend who currently has his 80 at Cameron's laboratory getting a new motor and transmission in place. Our idea was to ship our rigs to Woody's place in Utah, fly out and do the Northern Nevada loop, hopefully in a dry condition. I would absolutely love any and all of you guys to join in. The more the better!

When you talking? since much depends on the rain and snow this winter.

Just know, as you learned all too well last time, the most predictable and best weather for Northern Nevada (on average) is mid-June at the earliest. Otherwise plan for more of mud-fest.

We are aiming for a similar time as our last trip. My wife has a trip to Belize scheduled for us in June and my buddy has too many things going on later in the summer. So I think we are trying to get out there late May.

I guess it's a gamble on the weather.

It was kind of one of those conversations around a few beers last summer talking about how fun it was and I would love to do it again... next thing I know he has ordered a new motor (V8) and transmission and has made arrangements with Cameron. Now it's there, so I'm starting to feel like I better get my act together because this thing might actually happen.

Last edited:
It all sounds good to me!!

The Choke, The Pinch, Poopy-Pants-Hill...it goes by many aliases, but we can all agree that it is epic in every way. Ready to go back!

F530629C-E2FA-4437-9ED2-73759411A60C.jpeg
DSC_0620.JPG

i want breakfast burritos from this ....

Filet off the stake by the fire, and Cam's 'spresso and Drew's fried eggs....
must be lunchtime...i'm starving.

IMG_3690.JPG

stoked.jpeg

This photo has started appearing in psychology textbooks in the Boggled Mind chapter.

There have been several case studies since this thread was conceived - and all have been inconclusive on what comes next on the HEL Chart.

upload_2018-11-27_12-14-32.jpeg

I see you found the one large piece of firewood on HITR. We scavenged for wood and found a bunch or small sticks and a few decent sized pieces of juniper...fortunately that Juniper is hard as F*** and burns slow.

I see you found the one large piece of firewood on HITR. We scavenged for wood and found a bunch or small sticks and a few decent sized pieces of juniper...fortunately that Juniper is hard as F*** and burns slow.

This is the TOTALLY FAWKING MIND BOGGLING, DUDE part of it...

We found two of those logs.

TWO!!!

One for each night. I guarantee we’d have found a third if we stayed put another day.

This is the TOTALLY FAWKING MIND BOGGLING, DUDE part of it...

We found two of those logs.

TWO!!!

One for each night. I guarantee we’d have found a third if we stayed put another day.
I need to go camping with you guys!!!

Imagine being so totally and completely mind boggled that you have to take off your hat, like Steve2 :grinpimp:

Or that one guy that couldnt even stand. You just gotta soak it in at that point but i heard Richard may have never been the same after this moment in time.

40D180F0-28C9-4FC5-AF97-92977B254BA6.jpeg

Completely Boggled

What kind of initiation does one have to do to get in on a trip like this?

prepare for weeks to be meet "strangers from the internet" in the middle of the Utah desert, then get told the day before your predetermined start time, that you are already late.

then just go anyway.. and give Jesus the wheel since your spotter isn't looking at your line and does not drive your same truck or even speak in your native dialect. He's already boggled and "a little more driver" is relative.

realize that you might be left for dead if you run out of beer first.
But if you can top the pics of the Throne locations in the wild, you are probably already initiated.

prepare for weeks to be meet "strangers from the internet" in the middle of the Utah desert, then get told the day before your predetermined start time, that you are already late.

then just go anyway.. and give Jesus the wheel since your spotter isn't looking at your line and does not drive your same truck or even speak in your native dialect. He's already boggled and "a little more driver" is relative.

realize that you might be left for dead if you run out of beer first.
But if you can top the pics of the Throne locations in the wild, you are probably already initiated.

Sounds like fun. Count me in if the dates comply. it's only a 35 hour drive :lol:
Now that I have all the bugs worked out of my 5.3 swap my Cruiser really is feeling like the ultimate cross-country machine that I've envisioned. Just need some more sound deadening and some AC hoses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom