FAWKING MIND BOGGLING - HitR 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure, but looks like the Moki Dugway.

But all those switch back spots in Utah are cool.

Is that the road that leads down to Valley of the Gods? Passed through there last Monday afternoon.
View attachment 1696253

yes

moki.jpg

Last edited:
The Moki Dugway was super cool when I passed through it a couple of years ago. We camped at the top overlooking monument valley. Really a nice spot.

Someone told me that they have now designated that area as national park at the top there and that you cant camp there anymore? Anyone confirm that?

We were right about here last June, on our way to Monument Valley, when @beno texted us and said, "go to VotG!" Unfortunately, it was too late in the afternoon and we wanted to get to MV before sunset.
RAW (24).jpg

Some guys from Atlanta will be doing it in June:eek:
Yeah, I asked the same question last spring, since we had a trip planned in June 2017. I didn't get any takers then. I figured October would be more attractive to finding a guide for HitR this year. Maybe @spressomon would be up for a run this fall?

The Moki Dugway was super cool when I passed through it a couple of years ago. We camped at the top overlooking monument valley. Really a nice spot.

Someone told me that they have now designated that area as national park at the top there and that you cant camp there anymore? Anyone confirm that?

If you are talking Muley Point yes you can still camp there. I plan to be back at this exact point in 2 weeks minus 1 day:confused:

img_20151010_140947-jpg.1338581

Last edited:
Yeah, I asked the same question last spring, since we had a trip planned in June 2017. I didn't get any takers then. I figured October would be more attractive to finding a guide for HitR this year. Maybe @spressomon would be up for a run this fall?

I have always wanted to do a Utah trip in October but it usually conflicts with our Death Valley trips for the same time frame.

200? that's just sad.
and yeah, they better have lots of water. If the monsoon moisture comes up, chances of getting flushed out are very real.
some of those bowls would be impossible with a mud flow on top of the tiny balls rolling around.

sure hope they have a sat phone and some back up ready. 200? who organized that? should have been capped at 25. the whole point of it is solitude...or did I miss something?

Solitude in the backcountry? Getting more and more difficult to find it. Thankfully I have a few secret spots tucked away :D

200? that's just sad.
and yeah, they better have lots of water. If the monsoon moisture comes up, chances of getting flushed out are very real.
some of those bowls would be impossible with a mud flow on top of the tiny balls rolling around.

sure hope they have a sat phone and some back up ready. 200? who organized that? should have been capped at 25. the whole point of it is solitude...or did I miss something?

The group is 200 series not 200 vehicles. I do know a few of the participant have done more than once some 3X. So the leaders know exactly what they are getting into but because several are from back east they dont get out west often and will endure the heat.:eek:

Every time I have done it has rained and yes it adds to the excitement level.:rolleyes:

FWIW you have excellent phone service on Grey Mesa you pictured above on #870 but in reality what good will a phone do unless you have a helicopter?

These were actually from my virgin HITR trip. I forgot just how expensive gas was then?! I believe I spent like $1800 in just gas for that trip.

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4751.JPG

IMG_4754.JPG

Last edited:
Even though I was just there, I'm ready to go back.

Shall we get the band back together again in spring 2019?

What about Northern Nevada? Both? (That would be epic)

The shelf road and chute are calling! Jarbidge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom