FAWKING MIND BOGGLING - HitR 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Several Gaia GPS layers show the Rincon Trail

If you have a minute can you peak at which layers? I know the 7.5k USGS and some private party Atlas layers show it. I'd like to document all the places it appears.

Man... I am really missing this trail today. Not sure why.

What awesome-o-city this trip really was...

What levels of epic we achieved...

How boggled our minds were...
Hit me up when you want to pull a repeat trip together, I love this trail.

went to Lake Powell this summer, in July...in a house boat....
cool, sure, but nowhere as cool as hiking down from the end of the lookout trail and seeing it.

I wanted to putt the barge from Wahweep to the Rincon to see the fawking glorious view once again, but after realizing it's probably a two day journey in the slow boat, we stayed in Gunsight bay another day playing in the water.

Kinda fun showing the cliffs to the family.

Let’s have a moment of silence, and then raise our glasses - in honor of the late HELchart LEGEND and fellow double rainbow aficionado, yosemitebear62.

...see you on the other side of the next double my friend :cheers:

7C07711C-721D-4BC1-9F11-DA6F796A4084.jpeg

8B4E8EA7-956F-4AE7-B792-E84AFB56A844.jpeg

557EE256-29CA-4480-AAA8-DE2AE23A74F7.jpeg

Just read through this whole thread again today and remain impressed at how it speaks to the peak times of life in many ways. It's in such contrast to the s*** show that our world has become in the last 6 months. This remains one of the best trail experiences I have had in 20 years of Land Cruisering. I'd love to Dusy Ershim with the same group. Substitute trees and altitude(and a lot more firewood) for sandstone and you're thinking right.

I am totally ready for another 2 week ramble in Utah. Even if it's just sightseeing and easy trails. I'm not sure that even by spring of 2021 it will be possible, so maybe spring of 2022?

And since I know @MountNGoat , @PabloVTA, @spressomon and @Onur and others will likely see this, maybe a more measured plan in Northern Nevada for spring 2021 is in order. If Rubithon is again moved to August or canceled (rated likely by me), Then first 2 weeks of June is the time frame to assure dry weather. And there would be just a chance, to point north from Jarbidge and drive to Alaska since you're 1/2 way there :hillbilly:. We can discuss this offline.

Basically August, 2nd half.

We're interested in anything westward! Heading across NV this weekend for a non-Rubithon gathering at Loon and beyond.

Really? Will be there Friday evening -camping at the top of the granite bowl. What are your specific plans-maybe you could camp with us, though given the Covid incidence in Georgia, you have to camp 30 feet away!:D

edit: Top of Granite bowl is right at the start, still very close to Loon Lake.

Last edited:
I'm dreaming of a N. Nevada romp again.

It was time. I just re-read this entire thread again. You need to do it, too. You're welcome. I can't even begin to imagine what a trip that tops this one will some day be like. But it will happen, eventually. I just need to remember to print out @CandyPants Epic Chart first so that I can get it right. From the archives...

DSC_8321_DxO.jpg

DSC_8489_DxO.jpg

DSC_8539_DxO.jpg

I'm still mentally there. And I've been back there twice since. But even in retrospect, this trip was a high point. But, I mean, I try and take the rest of life seriously, but it's hard impossible.

Right now, I'm a month behind on my "end of the year" corporate silliness. Likely, the year will end anyway. Lol. It's so superficial.

But honestly, this trip, with these people, will never happen again. Just the way it is. Other trips will happen though, they may be different or better.

Plotting spring 2021 with a Moto. :cool:

Last edited:
we were socially distanced before it was cool!

For good reason - no telling what kind of cooties Pablo picked up in Barstow. Fortunately, any lingering virus was destroyed by the fire :grinpimp:

For good reason - no telling what kind of cooties Pablo picked up in Barstow. Fortunately, any lingering virus was destroyed by the fire :grinpimp:

Ya-Pablo and his hookers could get us all busted. But as long as he leaves the dead ones in Mojave, we're good.

has the statute of limitations passed yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom