FAWKING MIND BOGGLING - HitR 2016 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, so i'm going to level with you guys....

The first HITR trip was epic. I think a lot of it was because it was so new and amazing and i was younger and more agile.

The second HITR trip was... well, adrenaline-exhausting. I was worn out from all the pucker factor and all the near death roll-overs that i felt on every tip. I thought my RTT was extra heavy the second trip. Don't know why, but when we were out i was so relieved.

I'm so glad i did it and would do it again, probably leave the RTT at home; but in all truth i would rather do the pure overlanding that we did in NV any day. IT just had me exhausted.

Good points CJ. Was thinking another NV trip would be great too.

Either above or below 50.

I was actually thinking of proposing a cross NV hot springs trip.

New hot springs each day.

As long as Pablo's tippy-ass taco truck was upright, I wasn't too worried about mine :steer:

drewdrop.jpg
JFZ80.jpg
group.jpg

hurry up! we're 16 hours ahead of schedule and waiting on you...
you want me to race thru this scenery?
better be some fine brown spirits when I arrive...

100_1044.JPG

That sign may say open but the trail it led to had fallen off the cliff and washed down the canyon!

I am open to a Nevada adventure anytime. If you think about it, mid to northern Nevada has a pretty narrow window to go there. late spring, early fall is about it. I would even re-trace the Jarbidge trip, and spend more time exploring some of those crazy lonely valleys with the abandoned homesteads. But fall is hunting season and so that just leaves late spring. Subaru meadows needs another look. @PabloVTA goes first since his truck is the heaviest.

We might be able to do Central south at other times of the year, but those mountains are really high and get snow any time of the year.

I'm all ears..spring, fall, Utah, Nevada.

OK, so i'm going to level with you guys....

The first HITR trip was epic. I think a lot of it was because it was so new and amazing and i was younger and more agile.

The second HITR trip was... well, adrenaline-exhausting. I was worn out from all the pucker factor and all the near death roll-overs that i felt on every tip. I thought my RTT was extra heavy the second trip. Don't know why, but when we were out i was so relieved.

I'm so glad i did it and would do it again, probably leave the RTT at home; but in all truth i would rather do the pure overlanding that we did in NV any day. IT just had me exhausted.

That is what make HITR fun you start out the first downhill offcamber right turn gets your blood flowing but by the end of HITR 30° offcamber is :meh:

If you felt top heavy what about Chris Ridgeway on HITR in the van not to mention pulling a trailer

14907587_10211331479182265_6341880063476838717_n.jpg

I"m just saying that i would have enjoyed the trip more without the RTT. If i were to do that trip again, i would be sleeping in the awning room and leave the RTT home. Would make it less stressful for me.

Anyone know whereabouts this vantage point is located? @LandCruiserPhil... @desertdude?

View attachment 1524038

If I was to guess the most popular point and most photographed in the area is Alstrom Point but a PM to Treeroot here on mud would be able to tell you for sure. Alstrom Point was the cover of the 2016 Arizona Highways calendar. With the water level changing daily the view also changes. Great trek of ~100 miles of dirt skirting the west side of Lake Powell.

IMG_2945.JPG

so ready to check out and "retire" like some guys I know...
100_1070.JPG

find some old rig with a bit of "patina" and sit on my porch and tinker away...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom