Builds Father, Son, and the Unholy UTE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last test fit
CF532174-A958-40DF-845B-F50F3F091601.jpeg
710DBCB2-2BBD-472B-9CD2-50E0C04BC4BC.jpeg

Lots of welding. Started working on the hitch too.
3657E103-0D5B-42FD-800B-4DC6718A58F4.jpeg

About ready for powdercoat
A8051E44-E23C-47F7-8E3F-90F4C7EDFDFF.jpeg
2D8D12F4-3CD7-4DF4-95C9-595FE61A9FE0.jpeg

Here you can see my design for that forward structure, those two plates will be bolted together with some grade 9 hardware
F6C3BF4A-C7F0-4625-ACF3-058CDE90B256.jpeg
5AE360C8-3701-4970-B15D-566813AB119C.jpeg

Got the bumper back from the Powdercoater, very happy....
1542E4F8-CD66-4933-ADFA-849E3201E5ED.jpeg
8A1C67B4-A5F9-405C-B847-1063DAE4DD66.jpeg

oops wrong thread.

If you want to see this follow my 75 build

1564771251674.png

Last edited:
@2fpower Looking great. Those bends are tough! I made protection for my rig and I bent the radius of the rear wheel well archs. Same thing...took a ton of little bends. It is satisfying once you are done
Any pics of this? Looking to do the same to my 80.

yeah i had quoted his post. Didn't mean to hijack your thread! Nice build!

Read through the entire thread, the craftsmanship is really enjoyable to see (and motivating!). I think it's great having a father-son project like this. It's obvious there's a strong family dynamic here, something everyone should strive for. Excellent job all around!

Read through the entire thread, the craftsmanship is really enjoyable to see (and motivating!). I think it's great having a father-son project like this. It's obvious there's a strong family dynamic here, something everyone should strive for. Excellent job all around!

Thanks for the wonderful comment....

A few things I have seen develop since we built this was my son has become an outside the box thinker and had really found enjoyment in projects. I have to attribute some of that to this project as not many people look at a car and say... I wonder how we can make that the way I want it to be.... This summer he taught himself autocad, arduino board logic and programming, 3d printing and designed and built a spiderman webshooter. Had almost 150k views last time I looked on arduino page on instagram.
1565209926780.png

He is currently applying for colleges. Michigan engineering is his top pick.... Yoda has become part of his essay about what he has done that makes him different than the average student. It would be pretty cool to think that Yoda has helped remove any desire to fit into the paradigm of the world around him.

One thing I never saw coming is related to scholorships. He is on the hunt for them in order to afford out of state tuition. We found one that he has to write an essay on " how you customized your car to fit you." I told him if he did not win that one, we would have words.....

If anyone knows of any scholorships that might help him, please let me know. We visited Michigan and were blown away by their engineering school. Recall that my family is Kansas State Alum, so this is once again "outside of the box" thinking. He has the grades and the ACT scores to get in, not to mention the work ethic and the horsepower needed, so we have our fingers crossed.

1565206045265.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the wonderful comment....

A few things I have seen develop since we built this was my son has become an outside the box thinker and had really found enjoyment in projects. I have to attribute some of that to this project as not many people look at a car and say... I wonder how we can make that the way I want it to be.... This summer he taught himself autocad, arduino board logic and programming, 3d printing and designed and built a spiderman webshooter. Had over 150k views last time I looked.

He is currently applying for colleges. Michigan engineering is his top pick.... Yoda has become part of his essay about what he has done that makes him different than the average student. It would be pretty cool to think that Yoda has helped remove any desire to fit into the paradigm of the world around him.

One thing I never saw coming is related to scholorships. He is on the hunt for them in order to afford out of state tuition. We found one that he has to write an essay on " how you customized your car to fit you." I told him if he did not win that one, we would have words.....

If anyone knows of any scholorships that might help him, please let me know. We visited Michigan and were blown away by their engineering school. Recall that my family is Kansas State Alum, so this is once again "outside of the box" thinking. He has the grades and the ACT scores to get in, not to mention the work ethic and the horsepower needed, so we have our fingers crossed.

View attachment 2052091

He definitely has a huge head start on other engineering students, I have no doubt he will get accepted and excel in it. I did mechanical engineering and wished I could've had some sort of experience in CAD and programming prior to college. I fortunately received an Air Force ROTC scholarship, not sure if that's something he's interested in but if he's curious, feel free to PM me. I'd be more than happy to chat about my experience in ROTC and active duty so far. Not a lot is publically known about the engineering career fields in the Air Force but there are some really cool opportunities.

Very smart young son you have!!!! :bounce::bounce2:
He will have a great experience in Ann Arbor.
Hope he becomes a Michigan Man...... M Go Blue

Just needed to borrow my car, so that means I got to drive Yoda today!!!
A8D7F3B9-A478-4307-95EC-7372A8D8E4FF.jpeg

This is a very cool thread. My oldest boy is already volunteering to help with the Troopy every chance he gets. I’d love to build his own car with him someday. Love this.

Senior pics

687407C8-55BB-4165-BD62-01315E2D381C.jpeg

54677E92-5D0B-4A2E-919D-55970E3DB72B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom