Fair price for a non-running '83 FJ60 (So. CA) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sadly, mine. So I've reached the point where I can't (want) spend any more money on my 1983 60 so we must part ways. Cracked intake manifold that will cost about $1250 to fix. So my question is: what's a fair price for a truck like this one? It has 231k on the clock, newer radiator, thermostat, clutch (less than 5k miles on it), new alternator. Always ran well and was very reliable, passes smog. Some rust, and it needs upholstery (headliner, driver seat).
What do you reckon? Thanks!

True dat, however, I 'm not very capable when it comes to wrenching so I'd probably end up with a big ol' mess. I just spoke to the mechanic, he just gave me the worst case scenario, all he knows is that the leak is bad enough that the truck won't idle. I looked at CL, only a couple of 60s at crazy high prices (my opinion).

FJ60 | FJ62 | BJ60 | HJ61

Look on here. Prices range anywhere between $2,700 for a beater and $27,000 for a perfect/low mileage/original truck in Texas. There are a lot of factors. Do some more research and you'll figure out a price.
Yup, did it right after my last post. I reckon around $3K and see what happens. I noticed the choke cable is broken so I will fix that to see if it makes a difference and then go from there. Thanks!

Let's see some pics of that bad boy. I know a guy (@CenTXFJ60) that buys a 60 every other week. I bet he has a spare manifold (or 10) that he could use to get yours up and running.

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_3939.JPG

Where is the rust at? Any pics of the problem areas?

I'll give you $2500 with the broken choke cable. Gotta see pics of the rust tho.
Thanks, Captain! Worst rust is on the passenger door and some sections around the roof (the roof I've done some work on) and a small spot by the windshield. Nothing crazy. I'll get pictures soon. I have ordered the cable, if it doesn't fix the problem I'll sell. Somebody has dibs on it, though.

Thanks, Captain! Worst rust is on the passenger door and some sections around the roof (the roof I've done some work on) and a small spot by the windshield. Nothing crazy. I'll get pictures soon. I have ordered the cable, if it doesn't fix the problem I'll sell. Somebody has dibs on it, though.

Well if that guys bails, @CaptClose and I are next in line. We'll bring it back to its original beauty.

Put me in line too. I'm in SoCal so I should get proximity dibs. :rofl:

do you have a cruiser club near by that would help with the wrenching. for some beer and your $300 you'll be running again i bet. i'd hate for you to let it go when it's a job that isn't too hard to do with the right tools

do you have a cruiser club near by that would help with the wrenching. for some beer and your $300 you'll be running again i bet. i'd hate for you to let it go when it's a job that isn't too hard to do with the right tools
I hate to sound like I don't want to hear solutions, that is not the case. I just feel that I'm at a point in which I decide if I go full hog and fix the truck up or sell it to somebody else to finish the project. I m not going to give it away, if I don't get what I need I'll just keep it a bit longer. If I get rid of it I get to inherit my wife's 80 which is in really nice shape, but it ain't no FJ60!

Well, truck has been on San Diego CL ($3100) and things went as expected, just a couple of bites and one flake. I may put it in the classifieds in this site with a lower price or just find a way to fix it and keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom