factory rear sliding windows 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Disappointing indeed. False advertising.....su**s

I've received a couple of inquiries about my progress. I got sidetracked with work, I travel for work and it makes projects
stop when I'm gone. Last fall instead of working on my truck I took it for a few back country road trips :). It is now awaiting my
return sitting in a shop getting new head gasket for my 12H-T. An unexpected occurrence, but necessary.
With the help of another mud member I was able to confirm that my window is a 1985 version. Since I've let it fall
to the wayside I'll get back at it. I think my source in Sweden said I can get the replacement parts for about $300
in Europe.

I've taken the Toyota part numbers and with the help of local Toyota dealer parts guy am waiting to see if
they are available here. So should know in a day or two.

Thread resurrection.... I think we’ve seen the last of the snow here on the valley floor in Oregon so it’s time to turn my attention to spring/summer projects. Anyone have a reliable source for factory sliders? Thanks everyone

Found this online - don't know if parts are available in the good ol' USA, but at least it has part numbers.

Rear Windows for FJ60 with Sliders.jpg

From a link previously mentioned in this thread -

ToyoDIY.com

If your on Facebook there are numerous FB AUS cruiser groups.

I have messaged a few guys parting rigs out over there. And paid to have parts sent over.

If going this route I'd recommend.

- ask for lots of pictures close-up of what you want. Many rigs over there are used on beaches and have salt/rust issues.

*** ask for photos of the lower side of the windows. Water sit here under the Bailey channel and rust tends to form here. ***

- use PayPal or similar service to cover your purchasing power if deal goes south.

- require insurance for shipping thru AUS Post. I didn't with a purchase and a set of glass came shattered.

- make sure that the packaging prior to shipping is extra excessive. Seller in my deal said he took extra care to wrap the glass that was shipped to me (but it still broke) didn't request insurance which was my mistake.

Most wrecking yards over there won't deal with you due to shipping overseas.

Happy hunting currently there is a favorable US to AUD exchange rate.

Side note I read on Instagram recently that a FJ60 owner had a set of CRL sliding windows fitted in his rig. I haven't looked into it further, but if they currently manufacture a size that would fit that would save quite a bit of overseas hassle.

http://www.crlaurence.com/apps/cont...rlaurence.com/adv/Auto_Products/index_us.html

If your on Facebook there are numerous FB AUS cruiser groups.

I have messaged a few guys parting rigs out over there. And paid to have parts sent over.

I’ve been considering this. What’s the shipping cost like and is Aus post the best option? What’s the biggest item you’ve sent through the post?

Nook thanks for the leads. I don’t have FB but my ‍♀️ Does so I’ll start doing some searches there. CRL sounds like an interesting option as well. I’ll reach out to them and see what they have.

I’ve been considering this. What’s the shipping cost like and is Aus post the best option? What’s the biggest item you’ve sent through the post?

A set of sliding windows would likely be about $150 AUS or $125ish shipped.

You can get a gauge on the AUss post website by plugging in the AUS zip and US zip and weight to get a quote.

Last time I shipped something it was 13kgs for about $125 that would be close to the weight of a set of sliding windows. Might be little heavier.

IMG_6387.PNG

Dug around on the CRL sit last night for awhile and I think this is what you would want to call about @jestlurnin.

If you get any info from them on fit/pricing please report back. I'm sure a fair number would be interested in this.

I just purchased sliders from ebay Australia. Payment and shipping (AUS Post) went smoothly. Shipping was $160. However, the pictures were deceiving. The windows were NOT in good shape. Not sure I can use them. Very disappointed

I just purchased sliders from ebay Australia. Payment and shipping (AUS Post) went smoothly. Shipping was $160. However, the pictures were deceiving. The windows were NOT in good shape. Not sure I can use them. Very disappointed

The other sliding windows rebuild thread has a lot of parts needed to re-build them.

Are the bottoms rusted? I had my frames sandblasted and powdercoated, new Bailey channels and trim but have yet to install them. Since they glue to the exterior I need to get some body work done.

The other sliding windows rebuild thread has a lot of parts needed to re-build them.

Are the bottoms rusted? I had my frames sandblasted and powdercoated, new Bailey channels and trim but have yet to install them. Since they glue to the exterior I need to get some body work done.

Appreciate the info. My 60 is with Stan (@NCFJ) at Hardline Fabrication for an engine swap and some additional work. I had the rear window sliders shipped directly to him. I believe the lower corners are pulled out.

Last edited:

I ordered the bailey channels from rock auto and was not impressed. It would not conform to the frame well enough for me. I ended up thoroughly cleaning the original rubber and putting it back in. Still haven’t installed mine either, kinda on the fence about them.

Well I got this back.

Thank you for giving CARiD.com the opportunity to service your automotive needs!

I understand that you are interested in purchasing sliding rear windows for your 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60. Unfortunately, we do not have a sliding rear windows that will fit to your vehicle. The ones we have is only for BJ70 BASE HJ60.

We do have other parts and accessories available for your vehicle: 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Accessories & Parts at CARiD.com

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if they make slider for HJ60's they should fit in our FJ60's no? I emailed them back asking about the cost for the sliders for an HJ60 and will post up info when I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom