factory rear sliding windows 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a set. It has come to my attention that maybe Toyota still supplies the
installation moulding for these, and also the rubber? tracks that the windows slide in.
Can someone please help me with part numbers if they are available? I don't know
what they are called even - in Toyota terms.
Anyone have any help for me, I'd sure appreciate it.

I have these windows on my truck. I got the rubber tracks from specter offroad. Not cheap and took a long time as they were imported. Forget the installation tape crap. My windows leaked around the seal between the body and the window frame cause of that stuff. I went to a glass shop and had them remove and reseal the windows with modern urethane glue. Has not leaked since. I can get the part numbers of the seals for you but they are also listed on sor's website. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Just a suggestion,check out Wagon Gear pop out window if your reason is to access the rear cargo from the side.That set up looks awesome IMO.

I just ordered the rubbertracks direct from Toyota sweden.No problem 2 years ago.
Even the small black stickers which go behind the windowlock were available.

Try pm,ing. livinginthepast here on mud. When I had my 60 I almost boughta set of rear sliding windows he had. He still probably has them.

Murf

I have these windows on my truck. I got the rubber tracks from specter offroad. Not cheap and took a long time as they were imported. Forget the installation tape crap. My windows leaked around the seal between the body and the window frame cause of that stuff. I went to a glass shop and had them remove and reseal the windows with modern urethane glue. Has not leaked since. I can get the part numbers of the seals for you but they are also listed on sor's website. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I've had a long couple of weeks here working, just got back to this thread. Amazing how many pages back it goes when I'm gone for a few days. Thanks to everyone for your answers. RDC76 - I tried to find the numbers on SOR, if you can post them back on here I would be grateful. Do you have a couple of pics of your installation? I have heard from others that they do leak a bit. I can live with leaks if they are manageable. I've got a pack of dogs to walk and like the open fresh air when we are out.

I too have these windows in my 60 and have 4 dogs who love them! One of the best changes I have made!

Here are a couple of shots of mine. Can't help with a source, but they are out there. Another source of the rubber track was listed here on Mud recently, and I want to order some for mine.

DSC09732 resized.jpg
P1090881.JPG
P1090753.JPG

Thanks, your inner framework is something I'm working on as well for my truck. If you come up with the part numbers for the rubber window track
please put them up here.

Hey, NMfj, I just flew out of Albuquerque yesterday! Nice town. SOR are an aftermarket slider with a flat frame.
They don't fit really well and leaked around the corners. I had them and took them out.

My dogs loved the sliders, this is the main reason for them. These are the SOR sliders. I really like them, except for the flat frame which resulted in leaking around the corners, and it also leaked in over the tracks at the middle joint. I have since removed them.

P1030402.JPG

Update: I have done an enormous amount of research to get a set of factory sliders. I completed a deal today to purchase the set from Jason @ CruiserYard. After some crappy internet problems we connected and got it done. Jason is a very personable individual. Very organized and a pleasure to work with.
My concern is replacement of inner felt window tracks should it be required.

Last edited:
I had a private conversation with Sved from Sweden and he provided me with some factory replacement numbers. I then found a
resource website www.toyodiy.com and came way with this page http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_G_1984_TOYOTA_LAND CRUISER_HJ60RV-MCQ_6152.html I found the same part numbers and prices that Sved has provided. I will see about getting these through a Canadian source, if not then I will made contact to Australia. My understanding is that the replacement parts are still dealer available in Australia. So I don't get home until early Oct, I'll figure them out then.

If you look at the web page from toyodiy, there are two diifferent versions of factory 60 series sliders. '80-'84 and then '85-'87. If anyone can tell
me the difference I'd sure appreciate it. I will do an update when I clean them up and install them. J

Well, I got my used sliding windows. Pretty much unable to be used. The inner window rubber felts/guides are garbage.
Completely deteriorated,. Disappointing, as I asked before I bought them if they could be installed and used. Two of the latches are broken, parts
missing, not sure I can get them, I was told in perfect working order. So pretty unhappy with this purchase so far.
I took the inner guides out in bits and pieces. The frames are okay, going to sand down and repaint of course. I will now try to find the parts
as listed on Toyodiy. The pic of the latch is the piece that goes through the glass to secure the latch and it flush to the outside.

IMG_1188.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom