Factory Passenger Grab Bar Leather Cover - Anyone Making One? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

danadog

Storm Trooper
Threads
Website
www.minipi.com
I just bought a grab bar from Cruiser Parts and I am disappointed in the finish they used to dye the grey bars brown. It looks like they just spray painted it with gloss spray paint. I can't bring my self to poke holes in my dash to install it, as in my it opinion doesn't match. This got me wondering if someone has made a stitch on leather cover like a steering wheel cover for these in the past? It would look pretty sharp.

I just bought a grab bar from Cruiser Parts and I am disappointed in the finish they used to dye the grey bars brown. It looks like they just spray painted it with gloss spray paint. I can't bring my self to poke holes in my dash to install it, as in my it opinion doesn't match. This got me wondering if someone has made a stitch on leather cover like a steering wheel cover for these in the past? It would look pretty sharp.
I'm glad you mentioned this, I was about to order one. I read somewhere that you can get acrylic paint and properly paint it to match the interior color code for whatever color your interior came in. Worst case you can color match it with a color wheel from a reputable paint shop. Thats my new plan. Also, while j-f-customs on ebay offers leather kits for the door handles, I have not seen anything for the glovebox grab bar, however a decent leather shop should be able to do it as custom work. Also there is a company in Texas that can recover the steering wheel in wood, so why not the bar? For my LX450 that may be what I end up doing if I don't paint it to match the color of the interior.

You could send it to redine leather goods and they will make one for free if you tell them it's a standard factory part. They make leather covers for everything and if they don't have the pattern, first one to send them the part will get it free. They make really nice stuff too.

Just a consideration but wrapping the bar & mounts might make it so that it wouldn't sit flush on the dash.
Just buy the correct Oak colored one from another vendor. IIRC there was a pair forsale in the classifieds recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom