For Sale FACEBOOK several different 45's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
I have no affiliation or interest in any of the following:

1964 SWB $13k

E8294DBA-A880-4411-B284-84E121946234.jpeg

94D0FE8C-AC0D-4A2D-8A59-9D3A7D57C324.jpeg

7CA2A728-273D-4946-B50A-AC4488C9CFC6.jpeg

3AE9FD01-CBCB-499A-AB7F-7215F09725AA.jpeg

80B05C72-8D91-445F-A368-EFAF3A87D521.jpeg

Last edited:
Let's take a trip down to see the family in South America, find a bondo'd-up beater, ship it back to Florida or Texas, and throw it up on Facebook. Stupid Yanquis will be dazzled by the new paint jobs and we'll all get rich !

"Low miles, only driven to church, by a little old lady from Cartagena." "Owned by the local family doctor to ride around his hacienda."
"Only used in coffee commercials by Juan Valdez." "Never seen rain, never off-road, all-original full leather interior, restored with factory parts."

Hello. Anyone have any insight on this one? Thanks.

Hello. Anyone have any insight on this one? Thanks.

blue overspray all over, no heater, no power brakes, interesting shackle mod on the rear leaf springs, thread lightly.

Let's take a trip down to see the family in South America, find a bondo'd-up beater, ship it back to Florida or Texas, and throw it up on Facebook. Stupid Yanquis will be dazzled by the new paint jobs and we'll all get rich !

"Low miles, only driven to church, by a little old lady from Cartagena." "Owned by the local family doctor to ride around his hacienda."
"Only used in coffee commercials by Juan Valdez." "Never seen rain, never off-road, all-original full leather interior, restored with factory parts."

I don’t disagree with you however I was posting for general interest as some might be looking for something different than the purists.

4 of the above vehicles appear to have started out as US Spec.

Unimog,

Agree and understood--appreciate why you listed them. My sentiment was directed at the obvious fakers. Sometimes it's simply overwhelming the number of run-down trucks that are being dragged into the US. In their home countries they're nothing special, almost all are thoroughly worn-out, and have been ignored for years--until word got out that unsuspecting Americans are an eager new market.

Some have even capitalized on the rush and set up sales organizations here in the States to push them. And while a few have been done fairly well, many of us here see the telltale clues of their origin and quickly skim right past the adverts.

Fact is--these were built as work trucks and in most countries were worked hard til they dropped, patched up, and put right back out to be virtual mules. Fifty years later, most of the better-treated ones that survived have been taken, and the correct work necessary to return the typical remaining beater to its former glory, is very labor intensive, and the OEM parts harder and more expensive to find.

Good work can, and is, being done in many locations and in a number of countries. But cutting corners, substituting inferior parts, and slathering-up frame and body work, then painting with a shiny new coat of lipstick-- all in a cheap rush to make a fast buck--has become a whole industry in itself. Opposite that, following the detailed build threads here on Mud, shows the dedication of serious owners from many different countries, not sleazy flippers, so it's probably best that most of the fast-buck artists continue to peddle their wares somewhere else.

And it isn't about "US-spec" being something special, as for the most part we all got the basic same new vehicles. It's about either maintaining their condition, or honestly returning those vehicles to a safe, reliable state with no deception. Quality materials, quality mechanics, quality artisans exist in every country. And sadly, so do charlatans. Used-car salesmen exist in every country and have been plying their trade since before horse-drawn wagons; the Internet has just opened it up to a whole new generation of hucksters.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Not mine. No affiliation

Pile of parts....with a 45 parts truck

Last edited:

1659463134528.png

Last edited:
With a centered rear diff. On a ‘64?

what is odd about this one, underneath it still has the gas tank well, in the cab is a later floor section where the gas tank should be under the cab.

A combination of different year body parts. Rear valence cut--no tail lamp cutouts. Has potential, but would want to inspect in-person.

I am the owner of the Green Fj45. I have the rear tail light valance an tail lights. The cab was modified to use later 40 series doors an seats. The cab is in great shape. The bed has a little rust but would be fixable. It’s a great start to make a cool 45. I’m not dying to sell but I have a 1 year old son an I don’t know when I’ll have time to start giving the 45 the attention it deserves. I’d be happy if it goes to someone who appreciates/enjoys cruisers like I do. If it doesn’t sell it won’t hurt my feelings either.

1659463328426.png

1659463465725.png

1659463503275.png

Last edited:
That diesel fixed top is actually pretty sweet looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom