Eye burning smoke - HD80t (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hola amigos,

So, I have a concern, my hdj80 96 is smoking lot of white/blue smoke when I pull out on 1st, but it stops if I keep the revs.

If I stay behind the car, the smoke burns my eyes, so clarly is just diesel that is not being burned. I recently took the injectors into the shop to leave them all good (it cost me around 450$).

They told me that if I fix the injectors, I'm supposed to fix the Injector Pump.

I was told that when you accelerate and it smokes then it stops, the problem are the injectors... What you guys think? Right now I'm thinking to get that pump fixed, but it can cost me another 500 bucks.

Another thing to add is that I feel that the car is drinking more diesel than before.

Running rich and burning fuel what sounds like

What should I do? It's just an adjustment?

I'd get your injectors checked/rebuilt. No need to rebuild the pump at the same time. Also a compression/ leakdown test wouldn't be a bad idea.

White smoke could be valve seal too .. but

1. 500 for your pump rebuild .. kinda cheap, double check what are they gonna do to your pump

2. timing .. in my books your timing it's way advanced ..

3. you are using ULSD ..?

4. when this start to happen .. ?

5. Still have the ACSD .. ?

Sorry for the long time.
I adjusted the pump screw and the problem stopped. The problem was that the Pump was too open, to force the old bad injectors to work properly.
After my injectors got cleaned, the Pump was running rich on fuel, after adjusting the screw on the Pump, the problem stopped.
Please check this:
1HDT (LC 80 Diesel) Pump Setting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom