Extended front brake line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here I am (once again) asking what seems to be a stupid question that I can't find the answer to by searching.

Does anyone sell a frame to front axle extended brake line? Don't need or want to replace any of the others.

From thread:

"I just swapped out the frame to axle brake lines last night and wanted to post my findings since I never found any information about the OEM option prior to doing this."

Frame to axle lines, maybe I'm not understanding the question correctly. Those replace the lines coming from the frame down to the axle the same as what you call out, on the 91-93 or 94 (non abs rigs) you use what is called out for the LH side. As stated by cDan a little ways down in the thread.

I also know there are others that will work, I believe that we put a camry (not 100% sure, trail spare from Brian at ACC) line on an 80 last weekend. Clips didn't go back in, but it bolted in there and got him home

Last edited:
The lines part (plural) is what is throwing me off. Do the ABS trucks have two lines from frame to axle?
My 94 non-abs has one line from frame to axle>a tee>hard lines to the ends of the front axle>rubber lines to the calipers.

I looked at the diagram for a 97 and it looks the same???

I have a 94 non ABS like you with 6 inches of lift
Instead of getting a longer line I unbolted part of the hard lines and gently bent them down and made an extension backet to hold the hard line again
It worked out great for me and I have not had any issues in the last few years since I did this
I will take a picture this morning once the sun comes up.
It is supper easy to do and I used simple things from home depot to do it.

Yes the ABS trucks have 2 front brake hoses. One at each knuckle. The non ABS trucks just have a single line in the front.

Ironman has correct extended hoses for 80s. The non ABS set is $75 for one front and one rear hose and the ABS set is $99 for 3 hoses.

I use P# 96940-34705 for that hose. I've had varying problems with the aftermarket stuff and prefer to use the longer OEM hoses sourced from another Toyota truck. This one is out of a T100 and lists around 60.00.

I use P# 96940-34705 for that hose. I've had varying problems with the aftermarket stuff and prefer to use the longer OEM hoses sourced from another Toyota truck. This one is out of a T100 and lists around 60.00.

What Rick said. My frame to axle drops are from a T100. Direct bolt on application. No muss no fuss.

Have it custom made. I paid for mine $24.00.Don't know over the states, but some auto parts store make them. Mine are almost 24 inches long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom