Builds ERG80's 1997 T100 SR5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That guy kind of inspired me, fit was easier than I expected really. I used the previous model of the 100 series ARB. It did not have the fog lights and such, and cost a little less. The earlier model also seems to hang down a bit more on the corners and covered the undercarriage stuff better than that one I thought. Looking at that guys pictures I thought he had to shim the mounts down some. The earlier model uses spacers to avoid cutting the front frame horns on a 100. I thought getting the model with spacers would be easier to add material to the spacers, but as it turned out I didn't need to.

That guy kind of inspired me, fit was easier than I expected really. I used the previous model of the 100 series ARB. It did not have the fog lights and such, and cost a little less. The earlier model also seems to hang down a bit more on the corners and covered the undercarriage stuff better than that one I thought. Looking at that guys pictures I thought he had to shim the mounts down some. The earlier model uses spacers to avoid cutting the front frame horns on a 100. I thought getting the model with spacers would be easier to add material to the spacers, but as it turned out I didn't need to.

Do you have pictures of it online anywhere I could take a look?

No, no pics right now, I'll see what I can do in the next few weeks, I'm trying to finish building a house and get moved into said house.

Today I installed a Duralast Gold 24F-DLG battery.

Features & Benefits
Duralast Gold is engineered to deliver the maximum Cold Cranking Amps and Reserve Capacity ratings to meet or exceed your vehicle s original specifications. Even in extreme conditions, Duralast Gold is designed to give you the starting power you need, combined with robust construction for dependability and long life. Install it with confidence!

Maximum number of plates and grids to deliver the most power during start up
Specially designed paste to improve performance
Impact resistant polypropylene construction to reduce damage due to vibration
Best-in-Class vent caps for safe operation
3-Year free replacement warranty

Warranty consists of 3 years free replacement plus 2 years prorated. "Caution: Do not use a memory saver on this vehicle". *** 750 Cold cranking Amps (935 cranking Amps) ***. 130 reserve minutes.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/_/N-5yc1s?itemIdentifier=832327

Today I changed out the bed lights for some LEDs I got from ELS' group buy.

Before:

LED reverse lights from PFRAN LEDs:

New Bed Lights:

Are those the flood or the spot pattern? That is crazy bright! I think I need to figure out a way to work a pair into the 4Runner rear bumper. Also a good way to get those tailgaters with the illegal HIDs to back the **** off.

They're floods.

Damn, this is a big improvement over stock. I think I'll pick some of these up!

They're a huge improvement. I have some comparison shots earlier in the thread of stock vs the LEDs.

They're a huge improvement. I have some comparison shots earlier in the thread of stock vs the LEDs.

I'm ordering some now. Going through Amazon though, they're half the price of Pfran for the same thing.

I'm all about supporting small businesses when they provide superior customer service, but one online retailer against another... price is king. Especially when they're $5 Chinese LEDs that all come from the same place.

Last edited:
More ARB progress. I welded a bracket to the frame and reinforced the bumper mount so now I'm comfortable driving around with the bumper on.

Brackets:

My Original bumper mount:

Reinforced bumper mount:

Frame bracket:

I used bolts from the tacoma kit that came with the bumper.

Last edited:
Wiring: removed the marker light and removed the tape wrap. The arb harness has three wires. The red wire is spliced into the green marker light wire. The Green wire is spliced into the green wire of the turn signal that was in the factory bumper. The black wire is spliced into the white wire of the turn signal that was in the factory bumper.

The plastic fender skirts fit the arb perfectly.
The washer bottle is exposed so ill figure out a skid for it and post up.

Still have some more superficial work to do but its pretty much complete.

Looks like it belongs on there. The truck sure does clean up good. Did it squat the front end very much? This makes me want to go out and fight with mine a little more to get it mounted up.

Thanks. no squat with it. Steering feels a little harder after install but that may be because I'm used to driving a civic lately.

Ben followign his thread on Expo for awhile now. Sweet build as is yours. I'm going to miss my T100.

Yeah. He's got one of the nicest tacomas I've seen. And I've gotten a lot of ideas from his thread.

image-1812343365.jpg

image-1812343365.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom