Builds ERG80's 1997 T100 SR5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see what you mean about the arb sticking out a little more but it isnt bad. It would a lot less work adapting that than the taco bumper I used because at least the front end is closer in shape. I had to change everything!

Wheels look really good. I had some black steelies but decided I prefer the look of silver and lighter weight of the factory aluminums.

I have been having a terrible time finder a local bender for my rear bumper. Hope you have better luck.

ERG80

I see what you mean about the arb sticking out a little more but it isnt bad. It would a lot less work adapting that than the taco bumper I used because at least the front end is closer in shape. I had to change everything!

Wheels look really good. I had some black steelies but decided I prefer the look of silver and lighter weight of the factory aluminums.

I have been having a terrible time finder a local bender for my rear bumper. Hope you have better luck.

ERG80

I did the lighter wheels too. I contemplated PC or spray paint some Tundra 5 stars white on my old '89 pickup that was white. There is a guy over on eXpo with a white 2nd gen Taco who has white steelies like yours PC white and he has a truck with a flatbed, looks nice!

Have you checked on TOR web page for a bender contact? I haven't been on there in awhile but there used to be a good bit of traffic on there with some hard core guys. Most of them at least know someone with a bender. If your like me it isn't that you can't find anyone its more that you can't find anyone what can/will help for little or no $.

I really like the look of the white steelies on that tacoma. I thought about doing something similar but decided my t100 couldn't pull it off. He's got the large black flares and grill plus all the other little black accents. I think it would be too much white on mine without those things breaking it up.

I think I found a guy who will be able to bend the tube for me in chapel hill. If he can and says its ok ill post up his contact info for others.

Thank you

Ive gotten a little more done.

Got the tube bent at Revelation Fab in Chapel Hill. The owner is a perfectionist and I'm very glad to have the opportunity to work with him. He allowed me to stay and talk (annoy him) while he bent the tube and welcomed input throughout the process of measuring and bending.

The T hit 225 on a trip to Illinois.

Kayak hauling duty to get me and some friends to a local river for an overnight camping trip.

The past few weeks ive been slowly working on a new battery tray so I could mount one of these aux panels https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/auxiliary-fuse-relay-panel.352802/ nect to the battery. Its powering a 30" LED bar and the hellas on the front bumper. Its also powering my bed lights and will power another 2 sets of LEDS when i finish the bumper and trailer Im now working on. No pics yet.

I saw those and they seem like a really good design. Didn't even think about applications outside of the 80. How does it mount and is there enough room to get a large sonic style cup in there tucked under the dash like that?

I am thiking that might be a solution for my 3rd gen cup holder issues.

I can fit a 12oz can in there but not much else.
I have it stuck on with 2 sided tape. It's solid enough.

Thank you. I'll have some more updates soon.

My friends and I went kayaking in Nemo, Tn. last weekend and so I built a kayak rack for the bed to give us a little more cargo room. Its made form old bed frames i had laying around. total invested was under $50 and its sturdy enough to be an anchor point for my hammock.

I modified the bed bar mount so it can still stay in full time and the rack will bolt on and off of it. it worked well.

I searched around for a steering wheel cover that matches oak interiors without much luck.
here is a comparison of three colors of wheelskins. Im going to go with brown. Its a little dark but a closer match than what they call "oak"

Finally!!!!! Front, rear and kayak rack are done and coated. I learned a lot, cursed a whole lot, and figured out I'm way too slow to ever make money making bumpers for a living.
rear:

Thank you. Nice user name, Mexellent.

today i stuck some rubber diamond plate pads on the bumper.

And this is the brown wheelskin cover installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom