Builds ERG80's 1997 T100 SR5 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, I came across this today, very nice looking truck. It looks to be in very good shape. I also own a 1997 T-100 with 140,000 miles on it. and put 6K into repairs. I like how your truck looks in the white. .Nice job!

Hi, I came across this today, very nice looking truck. It looks to be in very good shape. I also own a 1997 T-100 with 140,000 miles on it. and put 6K into repairs. I like how your truck looks in the white. .Nice job!

Thank you.

I had some tubing left over from a wrecked 80 series ARB so i turned it into a bed bar. The tubing had aux light tabs already attached. I welded it all together and added some loops to be used as attachment points. This should keep my four-wheeler from touching the back window when hauling it around and offers additional mounting points plus rear lights for working out of the bed. Its level with the bed. not sure why it looks crooked in the pic.

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

10-8-12 Update, It works keeping my four-wheeler off the back glass. There's no contact with the bed lights.
bb4.jpg

bb1.jpg

Last edited:
How are you feeling about the liner inside the cab still? Is it loader or hotter inside the cab? Good looking truck!

-Daniel

How are you feeling about the liner inside the cab still? Is it loader or hotter inside the cab? Good looking truck!

-Daniel

thank you.
it's louder but not bad. i haven't noticed a temperature difference.

KWMF said:
Wow man, good job on the T100,

Looks great!

Thank you. Welcome to MUD! Any luck on those wheels?

This is the current project.
IMG_6961.jpg

I decided to try Raamat for the truck http://www.raamaudio.com/. I used second skin's product when I had the cruiser but decided to go a more inexpensive route for this. The Second skin stuff is better quality and thicker but I actually like Raamat better. Its easier to get into the contours of the floor and I doubt ill be able to tell i went a more affordable route when everything is back together.

Last edited:
Did you put any Rammat over the liner in the cab? Liking your build. I picked up a '95 T a few weeks ago and it's always great to get ideas.

Yes. I ended up covering everything with raamat and their ensolite. Then a layer of scrap rug pad from a local carpet store. The rug pad had a rubber layer on one side and was a lot heavier than regular carpet foam pad.

Anymore pics of install as well As amounts used? Would you recommend the bedliner first or just go with the Rammat type product? I am familiar with how the product work but trying to do so on s budget is hard. Second Skin seems to be awesome but it's $$$.

Raamat is the way to go on a budget.
The monstaliner has no sound deadening quality. I did it mostly so I wouldn't ever have to worry about rust under the carpet. The chassis saver alone would have been sufficient for that.

First order was:
2 packs BXT II RAAMmat
6 yards PS Ensolite

Second order was:
RAAMmat BXT II, 37.5 sq ft
Ensolite IUO Peel and Stick, 14 sq ft

I removed the headliner and did the ceiling with a layer of raamat/reused the factory pad (light weight), then ensolite on it to hold it in place. I covered the interior sheet metal below the back windows with ramaat/ensolite/raamat. i did the rear wall below the back window, entire floor and up the front firewall as much as possible with a layer of raamat/ rug pad/ ensolite. Ensolite was always the last layer because its light and has a very sticky back so it holds everything in place.
Ive still got enough to do the doors.

ensolite over the raamat and rug pad
ensolite.jpg

rug pad is this stuff. pretty dense and heavy. I didn't take many pictures during the install.
pad.jpg

Last edited:
While i have the interior out im working on upgrading the speakers.
Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-DB...+Audio+DB6501+6.5-Inch+2-Way+Component+System Perfect fit in the back. I had to modify the existing speaker housings to fit the 6.5's. I mounted the tweeters high in the side panels.
65.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Polk Audio db840DVC 8-Inch Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-db...dio+db840DVC+8-Inch+Dual+Voice+Coil+Subwoofer
I made a box that fit below the bench and just trimmed the opening a little for the sub.
sub2.jpg

sub1.jpg

sub.jpg

still working on this
photo4.jpg

Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FKP7TY/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00 for the sub. Im going to power it with an old Kenwood kac-622.

Not sure what im going to put in the front doors yet.

Last edited:
odo.jpg

I pulled the factory amp to make room for wiring behind the radio.
image.jpg

factoryamp.jpg

factoryamp1.jpg

I had to remove the glove box to get to the trim screws around the radio opening. After the trim was removed there were two screws holding it in place. Easy job.

The truck had its first towing duty today and performed very well. I am impressed with this truck especially with 206k.
tow.jpg

fishing duty last night
photo1.jpg

The T is looking very nice. I reckon I missed that you had sold the 80. i have some of your pictures saved because it was one of my favorites.

How is the Monsta holding up? I did the bed of my pickup with herculiner a few years ago and I am going to have to do some work on it because it is starting to thin out and has faded considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom