engine swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone have any experience with a engine swap with a 62? like what engine would you swap with it, how much did it cost, was there any change in MPG, really any info will help!
thanks in advance!

@NCFJ can set you up with a sweet LSx swap ... but I personally would go with a 1HZ and add a turbo and intercooler .... just because I love the smell of processed diesel ...

anyone have any experience with a engine swap with a 62? like what engine would you swap with it, how much did it cost, was there any change in MPG, really any info will help!
thanks in advance!

Bruno, the diesel 60 I had, was equiped with an Isuzu 4BD1T and got 25-30 mpg. I bought it complete so no clue on actual cost to do it. Looking back, having a commercial truck engine was going to be difficult to service if you didn't know what you were doing. Because of that I am going to stick to a passenger vehicle engine swap if I do something in the future.

I've heard the LS-engine 60s get 12-20 mpg depending on what gearing/transmission/tune/driving style you have.

There are a lot of threads on the 60's tech saying it can be done from $5k (doing it yourself with a ton of used parts) all the way up to $20-50k (paying someone else to do it and depending on what parts are used). So a lot of what-ifs.

thanks in advance!

Can you expand on reason for the swap? Is this a hunt for more HP, the old motor is toast, are you wanting better MPG, or just have tons of money you have to spend?

The MPG numbers I have heard back from customers are ranging from 15-20 with a 5.3L Vortec and 4L65E trans, 4.11 gears in the axles with 33" tires

The only way a 5.3L Vortec swap is going to be done for $5K is if you use old junk on everything. I can tell you that parts alone on one of my swaps is over $10K. That is with a take out (used) motor and Monster Stage II 4L65E trans.

No two swaps are the same

Can you expand on reason for the swap? Is this a hunt for more HP, the old motor is toast, are you wanting better MPG, or just have tons of money you have to spend?

This is the question to ask right here. Need to understand the reason to pick the right motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom