Engine Rebuilding options for S/C (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting about the intake, I would think it could be media blasted down to bare metal and coated. Must be more to it than that.

Anyway, look forward to seeing your finished manifolds.

Yes, I bought a set of exhaust manifolds that had the ports pre drilled on both sides. They are being ceramic coating right now.

The IAT is the Intake Air Temperature, not the EGT. Exhaust Gas Temperature is the sensor in the exhaust manifold. IAT lets you know how hot the air being drawn into the engine is at any given time, and is an indicator of heat-soak. Normally the IAT sensor is placed after the S/C and intercooler. The S/C will heat the air by compressing it, and some heat from the S/C itself will also be transferred to the air. The intercooler, should you go that route, will help bring the temps back down.

Both IAT and EGT can give you an indication of heat, one on the input side, the other output. EGT is more helpful in letting you know when to back off and not start melting internals.

FWIW if you are going to run a smaller pulley and higher boost, and will have that fancy multi-gauge you may want both sensors. Like a broadband O2 sensor, neither IAT or EGT are 100% necessary, but rather nice to know if pushing your motor.

:cheers:

Steve

Doh! Yeah Steve, I kinda grouped everything together. I have the new digital gauge ordered. I need to work on the sensors. The plan is to go both regardless.

Did yours overheat and crack the head? I had my HG done at 210,000 miles and they said all was good. Just put some new seals in and that was it.

For anyone that wants to fully understand what Bar's Stop Leak does, well you can see it in these pictures of the headgasket. The Stop Leak finds a place to stop moving and it basically forms into a paper-like material that helps to fill in a crack or hole. .... repaired the headgasket just fine to buy me another two years.

Very interesting. Thanks for the photos.

Did yours overheat and crack the head? I had my HG done at 210,000 miles and they said all was good. Just put some new seals in and that was it.

Well I think it may have overheated a few times to be honest but Im not really sure to be honest.

Woohoo!! Just got the call that my exhaust manifolds are done! Will upload pics as soon as my driver comes back with them. :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

Very cool! Look forward to the pictures.

As a side note: I got a quote back from Jet-Hot about coating my manifolds, $225 plus shipping back to me. I think I am going to get in touch with the outfit you had yours coated at.

Thats the same price I was quoted. If I timed things better, doing both intake and exhaust would have been $280. Oh well.

Side question, what kind of mpg are you expecting with the SC vs stock? or is it negligible

Daddy's got some new bling

Just came in.
NLXTACY-ceramic-coating2.jpg
NLXTACY-ceramic-coating4.jpg
NLXTACY-ceramic-coating1.jpg

Soooo, these things look ridiculously cool!!!!! :grinpimp:

The black ceramic coating makes it look like plastic. Its interesting looking. The bad thing is I didn't really pay attention to the heat shields and they were unfortunately cracked. I have another set at home that I will do up and sell to some lucky mudder AFTER I take the better set of heat shields :p
NLXTACY-ceramic-coating5.jpg
NLXTACY-ceramic-coating3.jpg

The Sequoia alt has been fully rebuilt and Photoman's new pulley has been installed.

Finally got the bored and honed throttle body in. If I went ProFlow and had more time I could have had it powder coated as well. Next time :p
NLXTACY-throttle-body1.JPG
NLXTACY-throttle-body2.JPG
NLXTACY-throttle-body3.JPG

Wow, really looking good ... But the BILLION dollar question: When it's all back together, are you gonna let the :princess: drive it ?

:crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom