Engine Bay Accessory Shelf - Gauging Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a place to put my remote Warn winch controller. I could not find a good place so I looked online for options. Found a place in AU that makes a shelf, but it is too big and may restrict the airflow to cool the V8.

Decided to make my own. Mocked up a cardboard template and about to start cutting one out of 1/8" 5052 aluminum sheet.

Considering making a CAD model and having them laser cut if anyone else wants one. I'm thinking they would cost about 50$ for materials/cutting.

Let me know if you are interested. They would be raw aluminum, ready for paint or powdercoat.

IMG_0860.jpeg
IMG_0861.jpeg
IMG_0863.jpeg
IMG_0864.jpeg

Would a factory air box still fit for those without V8 engines?

Yes it will still fit. It has a tab that goes underneath the rear airbox bolt, which will lift the back of the airbox up 1/8" of an inch. Should not be enough to matter.

Any interest in spec-ing out an exhaust manifold cookery bin? I'm not kidding.

I have a design in mind that would mount to the factory heat shield bolts, have a level surface with would allow a shallow drawer to slide forward (to clear the air intake tube and AFM), and fit 2 standard size tins meant for toaster ovens. These would be used to prevent spillage of food items while being heated and/or broiled oron the way to the lunch spot.

Don't laugh at me. I can hear you from here...

Any interest in spec-ing out an exhaust manifold cookery bin? I'm not kidding.

I have a design in mind that would mount to the factory heat shield bolts, have a level surface with would allow a shallow drawer to slide forward (to clear the air intake tube and AFM), and fit 2 standard size tins meant for toaster ovens. These would be used to prevent spillage of food items while being heated and/or broiled oron the way to the lunch spot.

Don't laugh at me. I can hear you from here...
Lol sure. Send me some measurements and a sketch

Hey bud, Alvis told me about your pig. Do you have a thread for that?
No, not yet. I was going to start one after I wrapped up the LX450. Hoping to get a good start on it this summer. I will post up a thread in the Copper State Cruiser clubhouse when I start.

I had to rework it slightly to make it fit. The AutoCAD drawing needs a few updates. If I get (5) folks interested I will send it out for cutting. That should bring the per piece cost down to about $40. Otherwise I will just make the template available and everyone can cut their own.

Didn't turn out too bad. Glad it's done. Still need a longer battery cable. Probably will need to run it across the firewall to the drivers side.

IMG_1093.jpeg
IMG_1094.jpeg
IMG_1095.jpeg
IMG_1096.jpeg

Worked out really nicely. Good work,

I would have loved this if I didn't have to relocate my windshield washer fluid reservoir to that location to fit my dual battery. It looks great!

I would have loved this if I didn't have to relocate my windshield washer fluid reservoir to that location to fit my dual battery. It looks great!
I ordered a smaller (replacement) fluid bottle that I still need to mount. Trying to make space for a dual battery but just have not gotten to that yet.

So @mtkreitz this prototype is a one and done?
Looking that way unless I have other folks interested. I would need to remeasure my template, update the AutoCAD drawing and have them laser cut. Just too much to do if there are not enough folks to make it worth while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom