Emissions decals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are the odds that you will actually get what you pay for from MetricTLC? :D I don't think that Shane/Metric is a reliable vendor these days.

I have been down the Metric TLC road, not again....................

Well I ordered from metric. It was 8 dollars shipped. I am willing to risk 8 bucks. Im not in a hurry. I feel like Im rolling the dice though in my purchase, which is kinda sad from a vendor. I should have asked SMG, don't know why I didn't think about it. I already placed the order though.

What year is your 40 and what state are you in? I'm just asking because it seems odd that you would need the non-catalyst sticker in the first place. I bought my 78 new in California and it never had that sticker IIRC. The catalyst came out on the next (79) year model. Who knows, maybe CA would make me install a sticker these days. :(

I see on Metric's site that they have non-catalyst stickers back to 1974. WTF?

Well I ordered from metric. It was 8 dollars shipped. I am willing to risk 8 bucks. Im not in a hurry. I feel like Im rolling the dice though in my purchase, which is kinda sad from a vendor. I should have asked SMG, don't know why I didn't think about it. I already placed the order though.

What year is your 40 and what state are you in? I'm just asking because it seems odd that you would need the non-catalyst sticker in the first place. I bought my 78 new in California and it never had that sticker IIRC. The catalyst came out on the next (79) year model. Who knows, maybe CA would make me install a sticker these days. :(

I see on Metric's site that they have non-catalyst stickers back to 1974.
Mine is a 77. I am in the Denver area. They are pretty strict. Its strange because once you are outside of denver, the outer counties are extremely lax and don't care in colorado. I just noticed that you have listed that you own 3 fj40s? When do you sleep? Any links to pics of them?

So I actually went out and looked for the stickers. Both 76s, one CA and one Federal, do have the non-catalyst stickers on the A-pillar. The 78 CA 40 does not have the A-pillar sticker, but does say non-catalyst on the CA emissions sticker under the hood. So, I guess those stickers do go back further than I thought.

78LC.jpg

76 trail truck on a snow run.
2013 Snow Run (2).JPG

76 that I need to get back to work on.
21.jpg

Oh, and someone's feeble attempt at a 40-to-45 conversion that I need to fix at some point. I think the green sheet metal is an old military book case. :bang:
IMG_2302.JPG

Last edited:
@spotcruiser so cool that you are an original owner of your '78! Wish I got working on these things years ago-so much fun and I love the history of them.

Mine doesn't have that decal, never had a problem.

I ordered several things from Metric TLC and only had one item that was slow to ship. Otherwise good service. I know others had some big issues in the past, I didn't know that at the time I used him.

So I actually went out and looked for the stickers. Both 76s, one CA and one Federal, do have the non-catalyst stickers on the A-pillar. The 78 CA 40 does not have the A-pillar sticker, but does say non-catalyst on the CA emissions sticker under the hood. So, I guess those stickers do go back further than I thought.

View attachment 1505113

76 trail truck on a snow run.
View attachment 1505116

76 that I need to get back to work on.
View attachment 1505124

Oh, and someone's feeble attempt at a 40-to-45 conversion that I need to fix at some point. I think the green sheet metal is an old military book case. :bang:
View attachment 1505135
Nice rigs man.

Interesting that my '78 didnt have that. Maybe they did not come with one............

@White Stripe ......curious, have you received your order from Metric? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom