Emblem deletes, let's see some pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Badges, we don't need no stinking badges! I'm just wondering if anyone has deleted or swapped the Toy/Lex badges on their rigs and would like to share a pic or two. Maybe why, was it a pain, etc.

Anyone else? No one running a badgeless rig? I can't be the only "anti-bling" guy around here.

Guess you just don't see many LC/LXs with blank grills.

Even if you pull the badge from the grill, there is a "sombrero" (or "L") shape under the badge.

Even if you pull the badge from the grill, there is a "sombrero" (or "L") shape under the badge.
I was wondering about that. Guess I'll have to look into billet grills or something else blank.

Somebody's got to give you something on this thread.
Here's mine. Deleted the "LX470" badge and turned it into a Land Cruiser.

rack02-jpg.884369

Last edited:
Somebody's got to give you something on this thread.
Here's mine. Deleted the "LX470" badge and turned it into a Land Cruiser.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/rack02-jpg.884369/
That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Not a just a massive bull bumper and meaty tires that grab everyone's eye. But the little things that will likely only be noticed by people like us. For instance, there's a kid that lives down the block with a great 90s 4runner. White, with every emblem removed and everything other than body is done in Monstaliner black. The only emblem he has is a small "First Order" sticker on the tailgate (for the non nerds- it's the bad guys from the new Star Wars) He's got next to nothing into it, it really does look sharp. Toyota aficionados notice it, but most just think "nice truck". Maybe it's not just deletes, but Cruiser stuff on LXs, TRD badges on an LX, etc. Y'know, little, unique, clever, "things n' stuff"...

My personal tastes don't really go for the full blacked out or 100% de-badged rig, but I can definitely appreciate the subtle customizations. As it is I'm love/hate with the custom name badge some friends talked me into. One too many badges, but I haven't been able to bring myself to cut it off.

Behold, The Pensioner:

20150529_161119-jpg.1085471

I was wondering about that. Guess I'll have to look into billet grills or something else blank.

Good luck with that. Nothing available that is a direct bolt in. You'll have to get @kelly saad to build you one or take a Dremel tool, fiberglass and bondo to your grille and then buy some metal mesh to create your own version. Do a google search for satoshi grill Tacoma. That will give you some reference to what is involved.

I like the no badge look. But to plug two sombrero holes and give strik plate for hand, I went with this:
006 a.jpg

See zero badges here: Emblem Ideas

Whole lotta 100 buns in this thread. NSFW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom