EGR Temp Sensor Test Plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bear in mind, you have to have ECM readiness before you do this and if you disconnect your battery you will loose readiness and not get it back unless you do some other work.

I'm just about to bolt my intake manifold back on after chasing a P401 and I figured I'd delete the EGR.
I disconnected the battery , because I was working around the airbags doing other stuff inside while I figured out what to do with the EGR.
Please explain what other work will need to be done to achieve ECM readiness when I fire the ol girl back up.

"Readiness" doesn't matter here in SC. I just want to make the error code go away.
From that other post it should be as simple as cutting off the temp sensor wires a few inches above the plug and solder them together to form the continuous loop without adding a resistor. Leave the temp sensor in the manifold as the "plug".

You’ll get an allen plug with my kit so you can remove the sensor if you like.

If you’re OBDII you have to have the resistor or you’ll still get the code.

Oh, OK. Resistor, check. Soldering iron, check. Shrink tube and black RTV, check. Piece of cake!
Thank you.

Mine arrived today.:) I have not intentions any time soon deleting my temp sensor but I will ready when the time comes. I have seen too many offers like this go away in time and could not past up of this nicely made part.

Parts are landing, so more should be built and ready to ship by the middle of next week. Pricing is going to increase a bit, but you will get all the pieces to do a proper EGR disable allowing full testing/diagnosing of related EGR things. No block off plates err..keychains from me, but @NLXTACY can help with those. I am also planning on rolling out a basic website to help facilitate orders making it easier for me to pay Uncle Sam:frown: and for all of you to order more easily:).

Thanks again for all the orders and support.

The EGR system was functioning fine before the install. I just did it to disable the system and eliminate the heat. BB’s in the smaller vac lines. 7mm bearing in the larger line at the bottom of the egr modulator. A few screenshots from the diagnostics app:

8E2F7093-D8D7-4FF2-BAE1-35A0B0768E3E.jpeg

43463205-2424-4371-BB0D-C8A3FEEEC4E9.jpeg

7B4DBDD1-DDB4-40CE-8070-DEB8E2C0EEE8.jpeg

How can i get one ?!

I will be posting up in the next day or two. I have many more built right now, just need have the allen plugs arrive so I can begin to ship. That should be tomorrow or Tuesday.

The kits will increase in price a bit, but will include everything needed for a full disable and testing. Plug, vacuum line plugs, allen plug, instructions. All orders will be done via a website I am setting up right now too.

Thanks!

David

I will be posting up in the next day or two. I have many more built right now, just need have the allen plugs arrive so I can begin to ship. That should be tomorrow or Tuesday.

The kits will increase in price a bit, but will include everything needed for a full disable and testing. Plug, vacuum line plugs, allen plug, instructions. All orders will be done via a website I am setting up right now too.

Thanks!

David
Ok but like keep me posted serious i need that ASAP !

Thanks!

David
And how much are they ...?!?

So here in NJ they test for ECU readiness, mine shows not ready and it is throwing the P0401, so I cannot use this resistor and plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom