Ebay Rear Window... anyone install one of these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
My '84 has that fixed/non-opening glass. I hear the little window goes a long way to cooling a hot cab. Anyone got experience with the Ebay windows?

the rear window is the best - great airflow and gets rid of just about all the buffeting. sorry, no experience with that particular window

I would say you need a glass guy to install it, is that aftermarket?

Definitely would have either the glass guy (new windshield going in soon) or the guys at ACC Garage install it. That whole paracord seal thing... nah. I can picture my effort: Watches YouTube video... gets halfway through... breaks glass... spends day in ER... ends up paying pro to do it anyway... after buying another window

That window looks like a great idea. I did notice in the description that you can't use the OEM gasket and it requires aftermarket.

I've got a CR Lawrence window in my 87 pickup, had it installed by the glass guy. Nice window the sliders work great and it seals up nice.

f5TvhZ.jpg

My old 94 pickup had some cheapie table glass as one of the sliders since one broke. It didn't function well and I took it out to install one from a junkyard (which was actually too small???) and had to reinstall it. It wasn't too bad honestly, just time consuming. You're basically pushing the seal out really carefully.

The glass guy who did my new window had it out within 2 minutes, and in within another two.

I also can't stress enough how much cooler my cab is having that back window, and I have no A/C down here in AZ! Makes it bearable.

LOVE hearing this. I am swapping the Base doors for the SR5 doors with wings. Sounds like the rear window makes them work well... Kind of like a supercharger needs the free-flowing exhaust ;)

I’ll second the recommendation on CR Lawrence windows. They are worth the money. Wing windows are the shizzle. My ‘89 has no AC and it was fine this summer, mind you it was cooler than usual with few days over 90*.

Well, nows the time to change that window
499F87CF-59D1-4651-81C4-7632F02C0CBB.jpeg

Went back and forth - spend the extra $$$ on the CR Lawrence glass... save some $$$ on an Ebay window... Decided to roll the dice on a $166 window (slider and tint) from eBay...

Pleasantly surprised when I unboxed the window just now:
Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 11.38.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 11.38.29 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom