Builds DRANGED's GX470 build/ownership thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

retrofitting occurred as my basket started shifting with the weight and jostling off-road. cam straps are rad!
p7Pu7nS9-WtxOwVMOc9uvNEdBogGtokr1xOW8jaKcdlzYs6B5_Un87t3MHvIbXDGL5zoLfOsrdJB9OzbwxKj5GyK1rtkqvyrPtrQSe5_WlZVy0JpNqg0X6yREsZWoQFlgMEZiOWz7_2b8BvgcuphdU9DFasr2gTKIySfjxtMtJT5s4UUcemg-USVWptrzN9Ee7A-HKcb44KItfIIiDA3h0QspgTWmLlDYsA4cnfvJCwuYiDMfpJXLKxBo55jcn2lnd_EOS_Y2W-VsZNUEubcEbgRSqW1UXel34ZZ6XrT9jKRmJBdx2W4Hzf0VFTK10QwS4_wIaK275lpyr_Rvctwm0wi1CD_l4Ukz-er_gDsfhB41JdCCyGmuFu1FbcqaM0Mq20HisGja56r9oNpoY49DDbp1kuSXC7itrrIu8Q2QmnFA9nBsnxZRA-M10Riev0JxL3Xx7SvQKTqtnSq7MH3dfn-G3vUEfz4eOloEZUh0mI-O5yI-z69qpkl_u-DwRbCfpYeVQiZi6pPmbuK51nnATPPr7DG8zn-jcWh19LxvdDKN1ZHAu0kseOdUKYUKxjjL32Df8I40gFW4CmKDtsOkNdi_Dg5eBR1L9b89arM3mcuEkQVoETZNWUJlbVqUr3QrfanrwXJ5qd3LS8K-xJkW9_hSTnlpLhjddP6VrmwQnnd6E5faK4h8C9HxtF6zDf_ewdgtPMvLL9nipI8zDk=w704-h938-no

fix (v1.0) for heavy load shifting in roof basket...
PkmMgznZdsWGzgXWnuTRLSBHVo1KVoj8oKZ2XTpOY5jCfxYy5EWb9Kz9K_sZqt0pCHu7SO33peGCxGjXlf8j6j5Tib6RHvcODSgrnllHqv7VFSkAbgDdIN__gQcE8nIAwHLXM1KhR-dGf50Lkbv7uN8r9UkMrOBBrVN9VOlmPnKpgLrxSt9PXOHoDPdAOKSif1NuQvG-_auXvUA55o3_OC1t3yw_RqErQTKRulYG__tPRcmnV9NEUwXfQtMNdDJEnYZ1LRVoh5TdQfwFjdF9fPuUNa_g8xQuMytK-5j9pucob_wjQZpQ2VrKPb4jVNxe1zxYOk9pW37pW4uKTTzpjH9-qkDYHAFyHLvWxioB36a3pnBsHMAqACo4WiUsFeYrLZUqA7c6rkC9HU0ZKV1-KBCC6cSWzcv_xXU5XzDTE73LEHzaEGJkJIg7g0QkZusKf3McTER1pjdZhz2Uf50HrU7AxbujQtHg9MKvp2x7PvES9q4xkrniyQfsVgN5po12FjPKt3zFfpY0Silii9vl6XA-xXhPoDBn9_UveJFFvC_W0TJxsVbDUO7K4oYTrJMsvUxfNBhtkClFIpVNCo2YxMuJIMlpR0J7KHZ4nNOeK9gBZvc1qCyO5SabsXqRxreC0BjSY0wHOcXqMdAqe_i2XdcpAw=w704-h938-no
R2497_0e9eaTQiReFwg_EpcEeNE_2OXubyKNTCSxJGUIDUNvPVCQwf_5q0baR8ywum_mOUKDukxKhj-LPKXdj03jhPGVsyMthksnyu8a2IsLkoapyHsaqOeniA1a6EeAiRZ3n15S_oiYwjPTvI2J3fc0ZfKMpRqLViMklykNRG2LZ1AQhOx8cSn8rpimCUYnjwFfze6OUibrm2sA32odRwc9fOroYsUj6fYPyP8YJbLb4OzzIikkJOtsw5bD_aVBHcO32fyR7pVomkxaZeygXrHyp_jabWZEShKyI4znC0aUG4N8p9nAPg7H77j9xv2pQuX-5F-HSJm6LqDsaQUD8ulMwnmar_Ncm36d8VtuPd_7PJlooNvdCZG8EQ_hl4np2wu6mmLASTv68Ra_qJ5AcMOTZN2b9zndiIrlOWF5esb8pnQw63xeUQDgMXl49wwTUzzdKYnt5_RXP6QjQcfk_jAz6avCFWPeFa5LI2FRVqBuv8zRH199ei6zPlTi3JrXLkP2JGPOgWYbqPVa8bnXEnhKoowHK7JS4pmZq2Vy4nuTrr6_NUq_zWUPL1wNEYGoaIl8HD6tWmY4_dEJFg65jtR9GU2kGzNP9huSisdD4jCWDTBCTBwoGqtfCXma9DFUK-_EcHBz_R9lCU3Dyg9Easza0A=w704-h938-no

I had a weird thing happend in the store parking lot, like my (1.5 yr old) battrer was dead. Turn, no crank, nothing.. cycled back off, then on and all fine like nothing happened. Now my driver window doesn't auto down or up and I can open driver rear window (from driver door). Both passenger windows auto down and auto up fine (from driver door). The driver window switches have a flashing pattern now.
emoji_u1f610.png
emoji_u1f914.png

This happened before and I can't remember what the fix was. Maybe I just disconnected the battery and reconnected, . . . I dunno...

^
JEEZ!!
emoji_u1f914.png

Nevermind. how the EFF!! dealership service not reattached correctly? Couldn't possibly have "slipped" off over the last 2 weeks...?
emoji_u1f928.png

_MntS3oL6ZWyNPlbOmAsUGJRd3Me4n1TQrPVgquxuoge9mwVxcCLrLWz80WxkGHMIQc5r0pl_SBbId7ks1rEGsFMdXUt3zKtDjEo05IxgmgWM-oV3cNL60NU84o1iyGe9hwm6KJagX2chRM-pk6BaFwMwhKv64p_CgUZ6E7FGSIhf83LGf-I-g4HZloklIEUvt0Au26XxbJvpyNNQMWWnuEZReawLdQHYtG5anjX5IMZHs1S5lejvaZb_bl4Xh3GbB1s2dXuUyx9A-Fxq_M9sqrHzGivKVQ-stf7SKcnJxZG_oHDhiJ4XL9m37J0IsYfR9HCqfdqegdOk5-lIlDt-WOwmNclcTM9F4T1ZWMMAKbba33KvgFHmcaVKqwgJLzTR2qjIr8M2aPq_r9gXmvRlEcfC8JM2Ntr9PxSne0Sy3Zlz7JthKrpFpC3Wv_Cb_Uui3SeoCIwmR2T1GepPY3s-GLTZHMC8GSWM-zH26aijJ1eBtbObqx-oOhqefGQoUUJG4TMhfn5i0LzvYzD9zzqQRCzOP3HsZ2lNz3yylVhARNK7vfpHmI1Z683-BovRhDQRgQLJ3YnbBNV-xpyo8px4yqTzmngOWTMS9RDlfmNxUl57zi1-qHmPoC7gexn7EHe7iSx-wj9sUhNU8thJYw-UArtJg=w835-h626-no

I had a weird thing happend in the store parking lot, like my (1.5 yr old) battrer was dead. Turn, no crank, nothing.. cycled back off, then on and all fine like nothing happened. Now my driver window doesn't auto down or up and I can open driver rear window (from driver door). Both passenger windows auto down and auto up fine (from driver door). The driver window switches have a flashing pattern now.
emoji_u1f610.png
emoji_u1f914.png

This happened before and I can't remember what the fix was. Maybe I just disconnected the battery and reconnected, . . . I dunno...
To reset the windows you need to turn the key to the "On" position and then roll down each window then roll it up and hold for a second or two. Make sure you do this at each window control other than the driver window. Then they will all work from the driver door controls. :cheers:

To reset the windows you need to turn the key to the "On" position and then roll down each window then roll it up and hold for a second or two. Make sure you do this at each window control other than the driver window. Then they will all work from the driver door controls. :cheers:
copy that! thanks.

I've done this before to reset auto down and up (only from driver door)... I stumbled onto this fix after battery disconnect bu just fiddling with controls...
Just now I did this and still no go for driver rear (no down or up from driver door, but rear control operates window) and driver still doesn't go auto down or up but DOES operate. Maybe I'm not holding it long enough after full roll-down and full roll-up?

But the flashing light has got to be a code. . . . right?

When I popped the hood, the damn neg terminal was just laying there (pic above).. i have no idea how long it's been disconnected, but potentially 2 weeks.

copy that! thanks.

I've done this before to reset auto down and up (only from driver door)... I stumbled onto this fix after battery disconnect bu just fiddling with controls...
Just now I did this and still no go for driver rear (no down or up from driver door, but rear control operates window) and driver still doesn't go auto down or up but DOES operate. Maybe I'm not holding it long enough after full roll-down and full roll-up?

But the flashing light has got to be a code. . . . right?

When I popped the hood, the damn neg terminal was just laying there (pic above).. i have no idea how long it's been disconnected, but potentially 2 weeks.
Not sure about the flashing driver's switches. I would try again. Make sure the window goes all the way down and make sure you hold it in the up position for like 5 seconds. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure.

Not sure about the flashing driver's switches. I would try again. Make sure the window goes all the way down and make sure you hold it in the up position for like 5 seconds. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure.
I had a minute this morning and got it...
Holding a few seconds longer was key.
Driver is set now for auto down and auto up. Still no control of driver rear from driver door. Driver rear is controlled by back door switch but not auto down or auto up. And no flashing light anymore.

So progress but not completion.

Driver is set now for auto down and auto up. Still no control of driver rear from driver door. Driver rear is controlled by back door switch but not auto down or auto up. And no flashing light anymore.

Interesting. Are you doing it while inside the car with doors shut? Not sure if that matters, but thats how i did it.

You have to go around to every window and repeat the procedure along with the sunroof for it to reset. Doesn’t matter if the doors are opened or closed while doing it though. Go to rear driver door, lower the window all the way and then raise it completely and hold for a few seconds. After doing it to all of them you should be good to go.

Interesting. Are you doing it while inside the car with doors shut? Not sure if that matters, but thats how i did it.
yup....

caveat: I haven't spent time as dedicated "i will work on the windows now" but rather "okay, since i'm in the car to go to class/work/store I'll hold the switch for a little longer after the window has finished moving as I turn to run this time rather than just ON" . ;)

So these are quick trials in error decoding ;)

Last edited:
You have to go around to every window and repeat the procedure along with the sunroof for it to reset. Doesn’t matter if the doors are opened or closed while doing it though. Go to rear driver door, lower the window all the way and then raise it completely and hold for a few seconds. After doing it to all of them you should be good to go.
Cool, thanks.
So, to be clear @joabmc :

Hold switch (@ each door and each function of the sunroof) down WHILE turning key to ON (past acc) or to start/run?
Also hold switch, then cycle key allow window to completely open AND THEN completely close and hold switch before cycling key off?
OR hold switch to open window completely, THEN turn key off and repeat for closing window?

So to clarify my clarifying question ;) when doing each window, do you open it all the way and close it all the way or do each cycle separately, open all the way then close all the way each with a cycle of the key?

I’ve had to reset mine a few times now due to having the battery disconnected while working on mods. To the best of my memory:
-start the truck
-started with the drivers door, opened the window to full stop, then closed to full stop. I remember reading that it needs to be a deliberate process and to hold for a few seconds beyond full stop in each direction (open and closed)
-repeated the same process at each location
-then finally completely open and close the sunroof.
And that’s it! Auto up/down and drivers control of all windows should work again.

I’ve had to reset mine a few times now due to having the battery disconnected while working on mods. To the best of my memory:
-start the truck
-started with the drivers door, opened the window to full stop, then closed to full stop. I remember reading that it needs to be a deliberate process and to hold for a few seconds beyond full stop in each direction (open and closed)
-repeated the same process at each location
-then finally completely open and close the sunroof.
And that’s it! Auto up/down and drivers control of all windows should work again.
ah.

so does switch need to be pressed when turning from off to on, or off to start?
That's how I've done it the couple times i figured it out... Hold switch to open, THEN turn key to on/start.

overcomplicated simple things. ;)

AH, perfect video!! THANK YOU!
methinks I might have to subscribe to lastgreatroadtrip ;)
emoji_u1f918.png
emoji_u1f44d.png

*EDIT* sub'd... thx for the link.

Last edited:
Yup! Thanks @joabmc and @lgrt

Key on, cycle pass rear switch down and hold 3 sec, up and hold 3 sec = programmed. auto up and down at rear and driver controls.
emoji_u1f44c.png
emoji_u1f44d.png

Quick run on the north loop of fins-n-things today.

'lil flexy fun

Aired down (oh that reminds me, I should air back up ;) .... to 28 . haha, local lazy. :flipoff2::clap:

quick clip (uncharacteristically ugly and spinny). sadly bad angle didn't get the two short climbs behind this. No tripod but I fabbed a geopod (positioned rocks ;)

Last edited:
RE: Recent timing service.

Turns out, the dealer didn't really top off my coolant. WTF!

Which gave me the opportunity to add, yet ANOTHER coolant to inventory.
emoji_u1f9d0.png
emoji_u1f606.png

I have much covet for the triple ball with the configuration of 2" over nothing (above), vs the much more common 2" opposite 1 7/8" (below)

Maybe they only fill the reservoir full of coolant and then when it heated up it sucked it all back into the radiator. That's not the correct way but maybe that's what they did. I've also questioned fluids being replaced at the last Lexus dealership visit for my vehicle. There are no signs that the rear differential was actually opened. IE no shiny bolt corners.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom