Downey 4 inch lift

Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
4,874
Location
in the garage
PabloCruise said:
Haha! Actually, her starter has been behaving lately... :confused: I think after she heard price she went and talked to it and told it to be a good starter.

I forgot, you have a 40! I couldn't figure out your interest in 40 springs when you have a 60, already SOA.

Sure, I think we can get you hooked up with the fronts...

You know anyone w/ extra third members sitting around in our area? I'm kinda worried about my rear...
i'll have one as soon as i get my extra front set up.
it's a 4.11 or 4.10 :confused:
i have another also sittin at home in a axle housing out of my 69 drum front end
if you want i'll trade you for your springs,
the diff my need some work, it would make alittle noise on decell.
if i got time this weekend i'll pull it,and see whats up with it.
 
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
15
Thanks Pablo for the compliment. It's kind of hard to see in the pic, but the wheel wells were cut for flares, and it looks off center. It does not rub, but if I can gain wheel base and looks with a spring flip and DS extension, then I will do it. What did you gain in wheel base? 2"s?
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
4,874
Location
in the garage
thats cool but.....

trucruiser said:
Not to hijack, but i had a post up a month or so ago for some stock springs i was trying to get rid of, no takers so i trashed em.
pablos in the same area as i am.
and some decision are made later in life, or later in the month ;)
no problem.sorry you chucked them tough :frown:
 

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
19,104
Location
Northern Colorado
 
 
 
Tejas Cruiser said:
Thanks Pablo for the compliment. It's kind of hard to see in the pic, but the wheel wells were cut for flares, and it looks off center. It does not rub, but if I can gain wheel base and looks with a spring flip and DS extension, then I will do it. What did you gain in wheel base? 2"s?
I think stock wheelbase is 90 inches, so it looks like I picked up btwn 3 and 4 inches...
 

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
19,104
Location
Northern Colorado
 
 
 
trucruiser said:
I know FJBen but not Pigtastic.
I got Ben hooked up with a couple of doors for his pig.
Whoops, Pigtastic is Ben's Pig, sorry.

I'll definitely take you up on the spare tire.

I know what you mean about the springs, I hate throwing Cruiser stuff away!

Do you work at Coyote Cruisers?
 

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
19,104
Location
Northern Colorado
 
 
 
dgangle said:
Pablo,
that rear axle looks 'tarded. What possible benefit can looking this stupid overcome? :grinpimp:
Not sure if you are messing w/ me or not...

Better departure angle, less severe angle on your DS, smoother ride.
 

Gus

SILVER Star
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
1,241
Location
Ridgway, CO
 
 
 
Pablo, looks sweet, I'll be interested to hear how it rides once you get some miles on the springs.
 

dgangle

total rice
Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Messages
4,010
Location
Heart of Dixie
 
 
 
yea, I'm messing with ya. Sorry that didn't come across better. Is does look alitttle silly, agreed? I have seen some trim the rear portion of the opening to make it not look so much like a 60's drag racer. You know, the cars they moved the rear axle forward for better weight transfer or whatever.

http://www.dragracingart.com/pages/sundayFun.html
 

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
19,104
Location
Northern Colorado
 
 
 
dgangle said:
yea, I'm messing with ya. Sorry that didn't come across better. Is does look alitttle silly, agreed? I have seen some trim the rear portion of the opening to make it not look so much like a 60's drag racer. You know, the cars they moved the rear axle forward for better weight transfer or whatever.

http://www.dragracingart.com/pages/sundayFun.html
Yep, definitely looks funny! You came across fine...

That is why I said earlier:

PabloCruise said:
Wheelwells will need to be opened up, and exhaust pipe moved.
:flipoff2:
 
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Messages
586
Location
Spring, Texas
 
any one got some rear springs, mine are s***. one is weaker then the other. the rear tube is all 1/4 dimond plate so i think im going to run springs off a 60 to take the added weight. what do you guys think?
 

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
19,104
Location
Northern Colorado
 
 
 
FJ40onNOS said:
any one got some rear springs, mine are s***. one is weaker then the other. the rear tube is all 1/4 dimond plate so i think im going to run springs off a 60 to take the added weight. what do you guys think?
Sounds like you are talking 'bout the Cruiser sag and the Cruiser lean.

Diamond plate is aluminum, so weight is negligible.

60 springs are longer, so you'll have to stretch out your mounts...
 
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Messages
586
Location
Spring, Texas
 
well the body panels are alum, but the floor and wheel wells are 1/4 STEEL, i have a 3 in OME lift and the front sets nice but the back drive side sets about 1 an 1/2 inchs lower and to make the whole cruiser level i had to make some long shackles, so do you guys think the 60 springs will hold the load better, i dont care about moving the mounts, i can do anything with metal.
 

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Moderator
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
16,369
Location
windy wyoming
 
 
 
tj
get a large chunk of cardboard, tape it inside your fenderwell and draw the oem curve from the top to the rear edge. cut out the cardboard and use as a template to cut a few inches out of your rear wheel lip...that will help...just please don't do the sqaure cut or jeep cut on your fenderwell...follow stock lines.


looks great. have you wheeled it at all since installing. i know shawn's not too happy with his at the moment, but he hasn't even broken them in yet. let us know how you like em.
 
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
662
Location
Northern Colorado
 
 
Pablo,
No i dont work at Coyote, but i do know John , thats where i got my lift , I work at HP, computer nerd, you wouldnt know by seeing me.
 

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
19,104
Location
Northern Colorado
 
 
 
nuclearlemon said:
tj
get a large chunk of cardboard, tape it inside your fenderwell and draw the oem curve from the top to the rear edge. cut out the cardboard and use as a template to cut a few inches out of your rear wheel lip...that will help...just please don't do the sqaure cut or jeep cut on your fenderwell...follow stock lines.


looks great. have you wheeled it at all since installing. i know shawn's not too happy with his at the moment, but he hasn't even broken them in yet. let us know how you like em.
As lame as this sounds, the last time I really wheeled it was CM '04. I have screwed around up in the canyon a little bit, but then last fall was the rad and front cover leak, then I started on the lift, oil pan, t-case project a "little while" ago. (I don't even want to guess when I first parked it to do these items)

I heard Shawn say he was not too psyched about his springs in Moab. I don't know... It was pretty obvious from my first pics that I had to do something! Wasn't ready to take the plunge on SOA (but keeping my springs for that day), so these will do the trick for now.

Right now I am waiting on rear driveshaft - should be in tomorrow. Then order shocks, then weld front and rear mounts. Going F250 in front, rears have to move behind crossmember. Then I'll be ready to flex it up!

Anyone know if I can keep my washer bottle and radiator over flow with the full F250 mount?

As for the rear lines, I'll keep 'em stock. We've been working on your old tub Ige. As soon as I am mobile, we'll skin the diamond plate off, trace the factory line, cut the quarter, measure everything, pull the top, measure some more, and then finish the tub, then mount it! Whew!

Somewhere in there will be the 60 series PS conversion!
 
Top Bottom