Door panel removal process (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sure thing... LC, DS in ivory:
69206-30150-A0

I was not successful at this. On the DS I broke the rear clip off, on the PS I was trying to be more careful and broke the front clip off. Darn!

Bummer. It can happen. Depending on what you are doing I’ve found a hairdryer useful in softening up the plastic parts making them less brittle when messing with them inside the door panel. I’m in Cali, I see you are in CO, a lot colder there.

*real time tech*

Answer for the earlier models: place a flat head screwdriver on top of the lock knob and pry down. Same below handle (pry up). The bezel will pop right out.

View attachment 919723

View attachment 919737

This Thread is GREAT !!!

Followed it and I was able to remove the Door Card on my 2002 LX470.
The above tip was also very helpful as this is where I was stuck - just "place a flat head screwdriver on top of the lock knob" was the trick.

I had a Window Rattle on drivers side that rattled and annoyed me for some time.
The rattle was when the window was fully up, but I could back off slightly down and rattle mostly stopped.
Problem was a loose 10mm bolt that attaches the window plastic clip to the lift arm - the one on the rear edge.

If it wasn't for this thread I most likely would have broken something and given up.

I followed the thread and especially the video The Forger posted to R and R the driver speaker cover with new replacement. Entire job took about an hour. Having the door panel completely off made attaching the new speaker cover quite easy. Even then aligning the 4 screws holding the grate on was a bit tricky. Had I tried to do it by leaving the panel attached and reaching behind I think would have taken me much more time and been VERY frustrating. IMO much easier to pop the panel off. Next time could probably do it in 15 minutes and I’m not that speedy.

Does anyone feel like they can hear something fluttering around in the driver door when going down the road?

I do. A metalic like vibration sound.
Definitely hear it with window fully up, goes away when I put window fully up and then just quickly tap the window down button.

I've taken the Door Cards off twice looking for the "rattle" and tightened bolts.
I did find a plastic piece down inside and thought that was it - but was not.

I would be interested in anyone figuring this out too.

I do. A metalic like vibration sound.
Definitely hear it with window fully up, goes away when I put window fully up and then just quickly tap the window down button.

I've taken the Door Cards off twice looking for the "rattle" and tightened bolts.
I did find a plastic piece down inside and thought that was it - but was not.

I would be interested in anyone figuring this out too.

That is a close enough description to what I am hearing.

Thanks. If you have been in there 2x and no solution, I will not jump to tear into the door.

Relied on guidance in this thread to remove door panel before pulling my d/s speaker. Fantastic detail which made things A LOT easier than had I done it on my own. Thanks for taking the trouble to write this up. Great contributions on the thread by others too - especially around removing the interior door handle bezel.

Thanks!

I also followed this guide yesterday to replace front door speakers and attempt to fix a failed driver's window. Speakers are in and fine but no joy on the window in spite of installing a new switch. :-/

This guide was extremely helpful and the second door was much easier than the first.

I missed one screw both times - the one behind the window switch - and bent the metal ring around that opening to which the screw attaches. It went back together fine, but don't miss that screw!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Answer for the earlier models: place a flat head screwdriver on top of the lock knob and pry down. Same below handle (pry up). The bezel will pop right out.

@dnp Thanks for this thread! Finally got to replacing a bolt on my door handle (rattled loose and fell inside) and your instructions along with @ElHefe's tip made the process very easy.

GREAT write up and lots of tips. THANKS

I found this short video also helpful (nothing that hasn't been said above, but it was easier for me to see in this short video). Note that I have no affiliation with the person who made this video...

Lee
2000 Land Cruiser
2004 LX470

thanks to OP for putting this together. also thanks to the mud member that pointed it out. i seem to have focused on more mission critical threads when i was in the faq. lol.

doing speakers ATM.

is there a link for the power window rail (?) lube procedure? am i hearing you can just shoot silicone lube down through the opening do the window? or if your DS window sounds like it - well, it basically needs a walker - time to open things up and take a look...?

Because we love pictures, attatched is the Crutchfield 2003 Land Cruiser instrutions to removing just about every interior panel of your 100. Maybe it's been posted previously but I must have missed it. Thanks a bunch to @dnp for documenting this oh so long ago as I use this thread everytime I have to get into a door. One thing I found interesting is the Crutchfield photo of the removal of the door latch trim (p.40). Seems they go at it from the inside 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Dash door speaker removal.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 300
Glad i looked this up. Time to replace the speakers.

Just to confirm it looks like the door panel has to come off to replace the speaker grills?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom