Door Lock Actuator Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahhh, so this is why my alarm would go off when trying to unlock my door.

Now all cleaned up with new lock motor. Manually it works well locking and unlocking. With fob, it unlocks fine but will not lock.

61355371-BB62-4122-82C4-F3F1C2CD95C3.jpeg

doing this project over the weekend

Check the motors you buy!! Of course it was the first one I grabbed out of the package, but some time during manufacturing, the motor was put together wrong, and the shaft was frozen. It would not turn. Check the new motor before sticking it in there to make sure the shaft turns with your fingers. ;)

Well, I attempt this today, and failed. First of all, it's not that bad of a project BUT getting the door plastic off without tearing was rough. Second, I could not get the plug to the actuator assembly out, luckily it can still be done while attached.

My issue was / is that the existing motor (D Shaft, I think) doesn't match the new one (With attached Collar). Bottom line, the gear is not interchangeable. See image.

Either I need a different motor or a different gear!

IMG_4233 2.JPG

Looks like my motor is FC-280PC-22125. I thought I researched this well enough, obviously not. I'm assuming this is 10MM. Back to Amazon!

Well, I attempt this today, and failed. First of all, it's not that bad of a project BUT getting the door plastic off without tearing was rough. Second, I could not get the plug to the actuator assembly out, luckily it can still be done while attached.

My issue was / is that the existing motor (D Shaft, I think) doesn't match the new one (With attached Collar). Bottom line, the gear is not interchangeable. See image.

View attachment 3134959
Yep. Looks like you got the collared version and not the d shaft maybe? I just did my drivers side door yesterday. It was a PITA. I did it without removing the entire actuator. Reason being… I couldn’t get the rods out of the door handle! I tried for over an hour. But… after getting the actuator motor out, replacing it, and reinstalling, my door finally works again. :). 6 hours total.

Why would this cause your alarm to go off when trying to unlock?
Well....don't know. And now that the new motor is in the door will lock and unlock manually fine but will not lock with fob. Now the alarm still goes off but not every time as before. I just thought the bad lock wasn't jiving with alarm properly.

View attachment 3134959
So the D-shaft motor is what you need?

PM me, I have a few extras since my truck takes some of each kind for some reason. I'll send you one. Unless you need a bunch in which case eBay.

I replaced the motor in lock actuator and everything works except the new motor sounds way too powerful. There is a loud thump when it locks and unlocks. Kinda jarring. Anyone else notice this? I used the FC-280PC-22125 motor.

Did the rear hatch and driver's door on my 2001 LC today. FWIW, mine required the motor with the brass collar. I'll get to the other 3 later this week. Now that I know what I'm doing, the others should go pretty quick.

9216912D-C09C-4133-870E-3E3D47C164BD.jpeg

Old motors left, new motors right.

Link to the ones I bought:

@APG I wouldn't say jarring. But they definitely open and close with more authority. I can definitely hear it with the rear hatch.

I finally have to order these motors. Can anyone recommend an epoxy I can use?

Heads up to anyone doing this job; one of the 4 motors I purchased didn't have the collar pressed on to motor shaft far enough. It was about 0.75-1mm too shallow which caused the end of the worm gear to interfere with the housing and not spin freely. Check the collars on the new motors and make sure they match the old ones.

This didn't become evident until I used the motor to lock/unlock the door. The motor is strong enough to spin the gear but there is too much tension for it to return to center, which jams the lever arm. This caused the same issue that @Weeble described in post 737.

I used a C clamp and a piece of steel with a hole drilled in it to press the collar to the correct depth and everything is good now.

PXL_20230603_161821598.MP.jpg

You also want to check the collar is secure. I found a loose one…a week after I installed it…

All 5 were the type with the collar on a 2003 LX470. Waiting on the glue to dry before reinstalling so hopefully all will go well in the morning.

Just completed first one 00 LC driver door.
Only remove what is need so I can unscrew the actuator (3 screws).
Did not remove or loosen outside door handle or cables for inside handle.

IMG_2522.jpeg

IMG_2523.jpeg

IMG_2525.jpeg

IMG_2526.jpeg

Disassembling in a box is sooo smart @GVegasG ! I usually like to do it on my gravel driveway, just to add a little excitement when a part falls to the ground :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom