Door Lock Actuator Replacement (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ask him how he sourced them with the collars on them - did they come that way from Mabuchi? Seems like someone could make easy money by buying a 100 of them and selling them for $5 ea.

The Mabuchi FC 280PT-22125 comes with a factory installed collar. If you have the ability to remove the collar you can use a Johnson KF243G-101 and install the collar.

I have only read about the Johnson motor I have no experience with it.

PDF of the spec sheet from Mabuchi

Attachments

• ts027.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1,117
Ask him how he sourced them with the collars on them - did they come that way from Mabuchi? Seems like someone could make easy money by buying a 100 of them and selling them for $5 ea.

Minimum order quantity from Mabuchi was something like 10,000 at around $0.30 a piece. Anyone have $3,000 laying around? You'd only have to sell 600 at $5 a piece to make your money back. :doh:

It doesn't look like the 80 series motor has a collar, just the built up portion around the shaft. Both that and the collar on the 280 keep the worm gear in place. So, it may be that you don't need to order the collared motor specifically. Just get the normal shaft and figure out a spacer.

It doesn't look like the 80 series motor has a collar, just the built up portion around the shaft. Both that and the collar on the 280 keep the worm gear in place. So, it may be that you don't need to order the collared motor specifically. Just get the normal shaft and figure out a spacer.

For some reason I thought he removed the collar.:doh:

Looking for a solution to the 100 motor...the 280 motor is available without the collar. All I have is good motors, if someone can see what it takes to remove the collar you can use 280 motors that are available.

So get the 280 and slide on a nylon spacer or find a small tube with the same ID as the OD of the 280 shaft, cut a small section of it, slide it on the shaft and gently crimp it on. You don't need anything crazy, just something to keep the worm gear in place. If someone can make it work with a welded on nail, a spacer is cake.

need a few of these little motors

Hi all wondering were its up 2, I have a 2004 LX470, same problem, need a few of these little motors, 1 would do for starters? Anyone has a spare I will pay good $$ 4 it, only thing is I am all the way over in Australia, any help would be great
Cheers from OZ
Richard L.

I found this place

SAYAL Electronics - Your Source For New And Surplus Electronic Components - We Buy Your Surplus!

[FONT=&quot]Sayal Electronics
An ISO9001:2000 certified company [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]P/N : FC-280PT-22125
D/C : N/A
MFR : MABUCHI
QTY STK : 9
QTY REQ : 9
UNIT PRICE :US$11.25 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The parts are new, in stock and can be shipped today. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Minimum order is US$100.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards,
Uma Prem
Sayal Electronics
An ISO9001:2000 certified company
Tel: 1-416-494-8999
fax: 1-416-494-9721
Email: sales@sayal.com

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What do reckon? Bit $$$$$[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have got a few people here in OZ on the case, If i come up with some before you USA dudes something is wrong there!! lol[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cheers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Richard form OZ
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

So, for fun, I sent in an inquiry:

Hi Cory,

Thank you for your inquiry for our motor.
The MOQ would be 10,000pcs a shipment. Based on 10,000pcs a shipment, the price would be U$ 1.50/pc. Do you have FC280PT-22125 sample? Kindly let me know the lot number which is put on the housing case.

Please let me know the followings so that I can support you better.

-Application
-Estimated annual usage

Regards,
Hiroaki Watanabe
Mabuchi Motor America Corp.

Anyone got $15k they want to give me?

I follow a thread on Clublexus by TRD911. I just replaced the cap with the brushes from a suggestion from member GSteg. Seems like the brushes wearout and is the reason the motor dies. The motor is sold on EBAY by seller activesurplus model FC-280PT-20150. They sell in pairs or by fifty out of Canada. NOTE: This is not a direct replacement like the FC-280PT-22125, The shaft is on the wrong side but the cap is correct. You also need to pull the old bushing in the cap and place it into the new cap so the spline doesn't wiggle. If your willing to pull the old motor and replace the cap this will work. Good luck.

I follow a thread on Clublexus by TRD911. I just replaced the cap with the brushes from a suggestion from member GSteg. Seems like the brushes wearout and is the reason the motor dies. The motor is sold on EBAY by seller activesurplus model FC-280PT-20150. They sell in pairs or by fifty out of Canada. NOTE: This is not a direct replacement like the FC-280PT-22125, The shaft is on the wrong side but the cap is correct. You also need to pull the old bushing in the cap and place it into the new cap so the spline doesn't wiggle. If your willing to pull the old motor and replace the cap this will work. Good luck.

This may be a great option. When I removed my old motor I took it apart and the graphite brushes were almost completely gone. Sounds like its a worth a shot.

Here's a seller in the states, arcticcatman74, ebay Item number: 260406302070, same model FC-280PT-20150 and the shaft is in the correct side, no collar. This one should drop right in if you can reuse your old collar. I emailed him and asked him if he can make smaller quantities. Right now he has 50 pieces up for bid closing in one day. Just another option.

Here is another way. Order the rear door lock actuator from an lx450 at cruiserparts.net. These cost $30 a pop. Inside is the little motor you need. I have replaced 2 door lock actuators this way, and keep a few of these actuators in my spare parts bin. In fact almost any toyota product uses these little motors - my wifes rx needed the rear actuator replaced and I ordered a new one (it had mechanical issues not elector-mechanical) and the left over one has that little motor in it as well.

Cheers,

Karl

Can you please help with the part number, I went to the Toyota parts store but could not locate the part number?also, nothing on cruiserpart.com

Last edited:
The shaft on those looks too long. Not saying you couldn't cut it down and make it work if need be tho.

your correct, 1/8" longer, might work as is or you can cut it like you said.
The cap is a little different where it clips to the casing.
You can probably mod the cap to match the casing where it clips since its plastic.

Last edited:
There is another way

Hi members, hey as I could not source a motor:bang:, I pulled the motor from the RHS rear door and replaced the LHS front, I will post some pics soon,

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom