Door Lock Actuator Replacement (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

all i can do is get the door panel off, I have no idea where to go from there....

can anyone confirm if i can use FC 280PC-22125 (no brass tab) instead of the FC 280PT-22125 (brass tab) for a '03 100??

what is this brass tab?

thanks

It's not a tab, it's a collar on the motor shaft that acts as a spacer for the worm gear. If you can figure out a way to replicate that, you should be able to use it.

Technically, its what actually engages / drives the worm gear so it is a critical piece. So if someone would try to replicate it, it would need to be firmly secured to the shaft with all the initial torque on this motor.

I have the door lock motors in stock if anyone needs them send me a message $ 7.50 plus $5.00 for priority shipping, can ship several for that shipping price, lmk thanks geoff

Last edited:
Brass collar or not?

I have a 2000 Land Cruiser and I'm about to do the door lock actuator motor replacement. I've found a source where I can get the Mabuchi FC280PT-22125 and FC280PC 22125 shipped to me for around $12.00

My question is this...do I get the one with the brass collar (Mabuchi FC280PT 22125) or the one without? (FC280PC 22125)

Do tell, I'd like to order them today...

Thanks,
Tom

I have a 2000 Land Cruiser and I'm about to do the door lock actuator motor replacement. I've found a source where I can get the Mabuchi FC280PT-22125 and FC280PC 22125 shipped to me for around $12.00

My question is this...do I get the one with the brass collar (Mabuchi FC280PT 22125) or the one without? (FC280PC 22125)

Do tell, I'd like to order them today...

Thanks,
Tom

You want and need the collar

:frown: My driver's door is going, so I'll be doing this in the next week or two. I had bought some motors on e-bay several months ago, with the brass collar. Awesome write up!

2 years ago when I bought my 1st 5 motors.....5 motors for $4.98:eek:
Inflation to say the least!

Most of my google searches led back to this thread, and one on CL. Several Toyota forums and Honda forums link to it now as well. Supply/Demand...

I'd still rather pay $12 per than the $300 though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom