Dobinsons Suspension: Any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.landscrambler.com
Curious if the community has any inputs on Dobinsons. I'm evaluating all suspension options and this is a brand I can't find too much information about on MUD. I've been speaking with Mike and he has informed they just recently started selling in the US.

For comparison, I'm looking into the OME Heavy/Heavy setup.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Think they are fairly new to MUD which is why you cant find much on them. With them being new to the US something you may want to think about is that if you have a warranty issue, who will be the one taking care of it. Honestly I would go with one of our local guys that knows what they are doing and get a kit from them. Hell you could take a couple hour trip in and see Georg (@orangefj45) in Stockton and talk to him about the Terrain Tamer suspensions he sells.

Dobinsons have been around for years,quite a few owners on the 70 series/diesel forum have used them. I had the heavy duty set up on my 73 series and I was very happy with them . I have OME on my troopy installed by the previous owner,not much difference between the 2 in ride comfort.
I measured the body height when I first installed the dobinsons and 6 years later they had sagged less than 5-10mm. But plenty of owners are satisfied with TT as well

Dobinson r well known in Aus for being a good thing. There Springs and Coils can be found in Everything from Tourers to Comp Trucks and u will be hard pressed to hear a bad thing about them.

The only negative I have heard of is the odd shock failure but they have been particularly good to replace asap in every situation.
And it's not a common failure but has happened.

But then TT products r a bloody good thing too.

I have had Dobinson 2" lift springs for over 150k and they are still good. I am sure you would be happy with them,they honour warranty very well here in Oz and sure they would do the same there.

Did you replaced that wobbly water pump.?:D

I don't think they are new to the US ,I thought Mike from West Coast Cruisers had been selling them for some time.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Seems like overall good reviews coming out of Australia. Perhaps I'll be the guinea pig for the US...

Hey Landscrambler,

The US operations is owned by Australia. You can rest assured the same great customer service provided in Australia will be provided here, especially warranties. Let me know if you have any questions concerning Dobinson products.

I can't find a link to a dealer's list...

I can't find a link to a dealer's list...
Sorry, we don't have a dealer's list online. Gary from Mudrack Custom Cruisers can help you, but that may be a bit north of the "818"

Just wanted to share with everyone my experience with Dobinsons. @crikeymike was able to get Dobinsons into Mudrak in Sonoma. We installed last weekend and the ride improvement is out of this world, not to mention looks amazing too.
Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 10.08.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 10.08.22 AM.png

It's been a few weeks now, everything settling in fine for you?

I've regretted my OME suspension buy from day one. I am going to replace the whole deal soon. East Coast or SE USA dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom