Dissent offroad modular rear bumper. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I was kind of figuring 4 bikes would be a no go but wanted to check. The strap to the roof rack is a good call. If I needed to go with 4 bikes I'd probably go back to the tow hitch and deal with that situation for the few times it happens per year.

The shelf is nice. A great place to hang a couple water or fuel tanks. I am very interested in seeing how that swing arm option develops.

Finally got this installed, what a beast! Interested to see how the swingout arm options evolve as well.

^^ x2 Ready for second swing out & accessories!

@benc Any plans on making this rear bumper in aluminum?

Right at about 160-170lbs.
After the factory hitch and crossmember are removed your looking at a net gain of around 100 lbs.
Sorry if I missed it...is this the weight of the optional aluminum rear bumper with tire carrier?

This thing looks really cool. I am kind of a newb at the bumper game, so I apologize in advance for the rookie question, but what is the function of a bumper like this? Basically, why would I want one, other than it's sexy, and looks "rugged"? Also, I actually tow a race car with my LC occasionally, and would like a Class IV hitch system rated at 10k-12k lbs for some leeway/extra strength. How difficult would that be?

Sorry if I missed it...is this the weight of the optional aluminum rear bumper with tire carrier?
That is the steel weight.
Aluminum is not an option yet and not sure if it will be, possibly a steel aluminum hybrid but the cost to build a full aluminum rear would likely be more than most are willing to pay.

This thing looks really cool. I am kind of a newb at the bumper game, so I apologize in advance for the rookie question, but what is the function of a bumper like this? Basically, why would I want one, other than it's sexy, and looks "rugged"? Also, I actually tow a race car with my LC occasionally, and would like a Class IV hitch system rated at 10k-12k lbs for some leeway/extra strength. How difficult would that be?
The main reason is for protection and clearance offroad, also the ability to mount accessories on the swing outs.
The bumpers hitch is not rated so if your looking for a rated Hitch it would have to be afermarket and installed under the bumper.
The LC is only rated @ 6xxxlb tow rating so anything over that would not be a legal load.

I already have a frame-mount rated hitch, so could I just keep using that one? I think it's a U-Haul, probably a Curt.

Now I am having images in my mind of possibly attaching the trailer to the frame hitch, and then inserting my bike carrier in the Dissent bumper hitch receiver. That would be awesome.

I already have a frame-mount rated hitch, so could I just keep using that one? I think it's a U-Haul, probably a Curt.

Now I am having images in my mind of possibly attaching the trailer to the frame hitch, and then inserting my bike carrier in the Dissent bumper hitch receiver. That would be awesome.
The frame mount hitch will still bolt up with the bumper, it looks a little funny but works. I personally would not leave it on all the time but it could be bolted up if needed.
While the new hitch is not rated I am confident that it's stronger than the lower frame mount hitch.

Wow @ Post #905 with the swingout bike attachment. I think you just gave me something to save up for in the future. Definitely on my wish list now. Amazing work.

There may be pics in this thread somewhere, but I was just wondering if anyone powder coated one of these to match 1B1 Champagne Pearl?

Thanks Craig!
It was great meeting you yesterday and hope your wife likes her new bumpers!

Got a chance to break in the almost completed new shop with a front and rear install, the bumpers were coated with evo gray and black 2 tone.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looking good Ben!

Congrats Ben. You build it and they will come. :clap: How about a Dissent front skid plate to match the bumper?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom