Dishwasher recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I still say Kenmore products are crap. My wife wanted new appliances when I remodeled the kitchen and she let the Sears guy talk her into a package deal with the oven, OTR microwave and dishwasher, Everyone within 2 years has already broken at least once and continue to have problems. I spoke with the salesman last week and the idiot actually told me " You should have bought the extended warranty"
Like he knew they were crap and were going to break..... I'll never buy Kenmore again. The hinges on the oven door weaken after about 8 months of little use and fails to close completely, this lets the heat out of the top of the door and melts all plastic in the vicinity, Sears said, "should have bought the extended warranty". Hinges are 75 bux a pair, OTR micro has an issue with the metal tray arcing to the sides of the unit. You can actually turn it on and watch the sparks fly on the inside!!, Sears said
" Should have bought the extended warranty" and on the Dishwasher, it quit draining and Sears said it was due to the hard water and I had to pay to have a service man to come even look at it under warranty, I called BS and went to the mgr and he said the same thing. It's their policy because of the water condition in the area. They were sure it was due to that. I ran CLR through it and it does drain a bit better so I guess they were right but now it leaves a soapy residue on everything and Sears said it was because I do not have the water heater up high enough. I turned it up, ran CLR through it again and nothing. SO, I guess I'm going to have to buy a whole new set of appliances again.......

By any new pos............take it home strip it down and use old parts cause their all junk

or get the wife to do 'em

Just got a Bosch 500 series to replace a 15yo Whirlpool. Old one was still going strong, just getting old. I got the new one online at Abe's of Maine. They had the cheapest price by about $150 over Lowe's or other big stores. One negative was an upsale call I got after placing the order. They were trying to tell me the standard free ground shipping was no good and I needed to spend $149 for courier shipping. With ground it could take 2 weeks and would go through "lots of hubs" and would be "placed on the curb". With courier it was in smaller vans and would be delivered to my doorstep. I declined and lo and behold, it showed up in a small courier van and was placed in my garage at my request. Oh, and it was only 6 days from order to drop. They were adamant that if we signed for delivery and there was damage, that it was on us. So, after a thorough inspection, it was ours.

Install was cake - love German engineering. It's funny that for everything they send, all the features, and the cost, that they won't include a $2 elbow.

Holy crap is it quiet and huge. I don't like that you have to use rinse agent, but oh well. It takes significantly less powder than the old one, but also takes 30 minutes longer to run a cycle.

wait until black friday if you can, you should get some good deals on dish washers. i got a $900 Bosch last year for $500, cant tell its running from 20 feet away, good thing it has an LED indicator.

ive heard Miele are real good too.

We considered the Bosch and LG - went with LG based on consumer reports - they were essentially the same scores, but a little cheaper.

Have had a Bosch for 8 years now and it is still very quiet and cleans great. I don't believe consumer reports. that year they said bosch was crap and kenmore the best, afriend saw the article and got the kenmore just as I got the bosch, they like the new dishwasher they got a couple of years ago much better than that useless kenmore

hey guys with the white film use borax and cornstarch it will stop the white film!

the wife used Lemi Shine and cornstarch and it stopped the white film,

We haw a Bosch in our house that is 10 years old. We did have it repaired twice I the last year but it really cleans well. We have only been in our place for about 2 yrs

Btw

Reported earlier that I had 3 Kitchenaids and one wasn't so hot.. well my neighbour said "lemon seeds" ... anyway followed some online videos and I managed get the inside filter etc at the tank bottom dissembled so I could see what made it tick ....all done inside the enclosure so fairly simple. There is a small depression where the water gathers for a final filtering before being pumped up into the sprayers. Sure enough it was filled with lemon seeds (they don't breakdown and actually swell after a while) and a few broken shards that reduced the flow of water up to the spray heads. Cleaned the crap out and reassembled - works/cleans fine again. Apparently this is a "routine" maintenance item. Incidentally the much hyped kitchenaide "garburator" feature is bogus. A couple of tiny blades that could have been cut from a Campbell's soup can and a flimsy plastic coupling to drive it are NOT very inspiring.

If you want a really good dishwasher - buy a Hobart!

Well our Bosch Dishwasher's main control panel fried today. Fortunately I was standing right there when it did and killed the power before things got really bad. As it sometimes goes I had forgotten how long we had this thing, 12 years. It has done an amazing job cleaning so I am considering purchasing another.

For a unit in the $750 range can anyone come up with a better option for me to consider?

:cheers:

How bad is your board fried? I resoldered the relay contact on mine and its been working years now. I think mine is 8 years old.
I would buy another Bosch if mine goes. I have not found another brand with as much bang for the buck.

Bumping an old thread - finally ready to replace the POS contractor grade dishwasher that came with the house.

Looking at dishwashers online - GE is the only one that has the little food disposer built in? Crazy! I had an old school GE dishwasher from the 80s that cleaned really well. We also had nice water in that town, so I am sure that helped.

Anyway, has anyone bought GE lately?

We've had a Bosch for years - love the utensil tray on top - allows much more everywhere else! No heat drying, don't miss it. Little basket to catch food particles - works just great - don't need a mini food disposal in the dishwasher!

Just go black and you will never go back !

Kind of my motto. We seem to replace dishwashers every seven years or so, I think the last two came from Sears Outlet. I can beat the book on an installation.

They all get grungy, and as long as the front is black it matches the other appliances and no one knows it’s a cheapo.

My parents had a high end Kitchen Aid that was nothing but problems. It’s one nice feature was that it was extremely quiet when it did run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom