Dishwasher recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chupacabra
Threads
Need to replace the dishwasher in the house. Looking for something better than the run-of-the-mill Kenmore, Whirlpool, KitchenAide, etc. Don't mind paying more for real quality. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for medium to high-end quality dishwashers? All input appreciated.

Bosch - installed in my house and no complaints. No idea what model, somewhere in the middle.

Kitchen Aid is a pretty decent unit as well. I'm not sure about the Meile and such if they are really worth the price.

Had an old 12 YO Whirlpool that will clean just about anything we throw at it. We never pre-rinse and didn't bother scraping off baked-ons. They still sell this model in the store, and I regret not buying it again. When the Whirlpool finally died last year, we replaced it with a middle of the road Kenmore. It was the biggest POS ever! It never got any dishes clean and always left a film or crud on the dishes. We tried various detergents and replumbed all the water lines to ensure that it wasn't a pinched supply or drain line. We removed it and gave it away in 9 months and replaced it with a Bosch. Bosch is okay and gets the dishes relatively clean while using a fraction of the energy and water of the old Whirlpool.

FYI, I asked a friend of mine who is in appliance repair industry. He just shook his head at the Kenmore.

We have a very expensive aska dish washer save your money! Get American if you can. MIke

Thanks for the replies. Mrs. 1911 now burning up the interweb with research.

Bosch - installed in my house and no complaints. No idea what model, somewhere in the middle.

x2

We have a very expensive aska dish washer save your money! Get American if you can. MIke

I assume you mean Asko. We had one and it was very quiet but had to be repaired (under warranty) a couple of times. The Bosch units are just as quiet and last longer without problems. Both will clean anything that you throw at them.

Thanks everyone. Wheeling buddy that lives in the Big D knows the owner of a big high-end appliance place, got me an inside deal and a great price, wife happy. She went in expecting to get a Bosch but went home with the very top-model KitchenAid instead - her choice. Bosch did not have a drying element and KA did. Thanks again.

We went through this a year ago, bought the same one you did, top of the line KA. It cleans like no other dishwasher we've used. It's got the top slider for utensils which is nice, but the roller assembly is just waiting to break, I can tell you that. Kind of a flimsy deal. No other complains so far.

However, I'll tell you that it weighs about half what our old Kitchen aid weighed (it was 20 years old when the timer finally went out on it). I'm always worried when I pay a ton of $$$ and get something that weighs less than half what the old unit did.

(LA Dept. of Water & Power had a free deal; give up your old energy-hog fridge, they'd give you a brand-new energy-efficient Frigidaire for free. My mom traded her 35-year old Amana for that. They came to do the swap, two husky guys had to wrestle that thing down the steps with an appliance dolly, bang, bang, bang. Very heavy fridge. Then they literally picked up the Frigidaire (no dolly) and carried it upstairs! less than a year old and one of the plastic trays has already broken. I think she'll be lucky to see 10 years out of that unit.)

(Kinda like the difference between old LandCruisers and the new crap they're selling)

The motor has no casing, just a frame. I guess a casing is not necessary, but kinda weird that it doesn't have one. I guess that's one way of saving weight.

One other thing that scares me, is this thing is totally computer operated, and we all know how that works when something goes out after the warranty expires. Bend over and grab your ankles!

Our kitchenaid finally bit the dust after about 10 years so we went to sears and let the salesman talk us into a kenmore for a little less than the bosch unit but allegedly just as good if not better. It will clean the dishes just fine but the damned thing is so loud you can hear it from anywhere in the house.

Kenmore is pure s***! I can't believe they are able to stay in business with the crap they sell.

One other thing that scares me, is this thing is totally computer operated, and we all know how that works when something goes out after the warranty expires. Bend over and grab your ankles!

~7-year-old expensive Kenmore fridge-freezer quit working a month ago; local independent repair guy fixed it - needed a new "motherboard". :lol: Couple of hundred bucks but the thing is working again. Probably hard to buy any new appliance without microprocessors and electronics I bet.

we have 3 Kitchenaid dishwashers ... 2 are great (dont know the model but black finish and about 10 years old.) the latest is a stainless steel one and I am NOT that impressed ... have to handwash everything before it goes into the washer ... washer basically just rinses ... other wise you end up baking the grime on the dishes. It fills with water ok etc but basically gives a lousy wash. If I had the money (and the wiring) I would seriously look at a Hobart commercial unit ... real quick and real clean!!

My mother-in-law swears by her Meile dishwasher. Holds about anything you can throw at it within reason.

Yes I ment Asko. Terrible co. and people to work with.Check the blogs. Mike

We replaced an older kitchenaid (15 years old) that cleaned well but was loud with a Bosch in 2006. It cleans really well and you can't hear it above normal household noise. You can hear it if it is quiet in the house and you are standing by it. Has a red dot that shines on the floor so you can tell when it is running.

We have an electrolux it is very nice and very very quite

had for going on two years now without a single problem, ran about 1200 new with the extra rack attachments without the wave touch controls

same goes for our electrolux refrigerator and oven

I bought a wirlpool (quiet partnerIII) last year. No problems so far. It cleans good and is quiet as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom