Disabling the AHC and AVS systems, no warning lights. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hope my AHC lasts forever, but it is nice to have the peace of mind that if it doesn't I can go this route. On behalf of all LX570 owners, thank you!

Well said! I love my AHC but love even more that folks like this are willing to push the platform.

OP can you measure the diameters of the LX swaybars?

OP can you measure the diameters of the LX swaybars?
I couldn't find my calipers, so I eyeballed it. Around 32mm.

I am having a hard time trying to decide between going this route (remove/bypass AHC) and run King's or do like @mcgaskins buddy and run Tundra front-end bits with a Tundra specific lift while retaining the AHC. I don't think I can justify building out the LX in any capacity until someone comes out with a proper front bumper specifically for the 2016+ LX570.

KDSS is nice but it isn't the end all be all answer either. I have had more late model Toyota's without KDSS than I have with it and I don't think it's something I can't live without. This AHC mod is very intriguing, the only drawback is you can't really reverse it once you've cut out all of the lines so you've got to be committed.

I am having a hard time trying to decide between going this route (remove/bypass AHC) and run King's or do like @mcgaskins buddy and run Tundra front-end bits with a Tundra specific lift while retaining the AHC. I don't think I can justify building out the LX in any capacity until someone comes out with a proper front bumper specifically for the 2016+ LX570.

KDSS is nice but it isn't the end all be all answer either. I have had more late model Toyota's without KDSS than I have with it and I don't think it's something I can't live without. This AHC mod is very intriguing, the only drawback is you can't really reverse it once you've cut out all of the lines so you've got to be committed.
You don't have to remove all the components/lines.

Reactions: HGB
You don't have to remove all the components/lines.

You mentioned needing to remove it in order to mount the external reservoirs, is there a work around? Also, did you remove the front sway bar by choice or was it a necessity?

Last edited:
You mentioned needing to remove it in order to mount the external reservoirs, is there a work around? Also, did you remove the front sway bar by choice or was it a necessity?
Depends on what shocks you get. The 3" bypass shocks from King mount the reservoirs near the frame rails where some AHC components are. Other brands mount them in different places.

Depends on what shocks you get. The 3" bypass shocks from King mount the reservoirs near the frame rails where some AHC components are. Other brands mount them in different places.

So then some of the AHC components will in fact need to be removed?!

So then some of the AHC components will in fact need to be removed?!
No, for example. King 2.5" reservoir shocks mount the reservoirs in a location that won't interfere with AHC components.

KDSS is nice but it isn't the end all be all answer either. I have had more late model Toyota's without KDSS than I have with it and I don't think it's something I can't live without.

I agree it might not be the end all be all but it is really nice. Either you run no bar or one so soft it doesn’t inhibit articulation and deal with the resulting on-road body roll or side hill instability.. or run a stiff bar (if one is even available in non-KDSS format) to get the road handling and limit articulation. KDSS and AHC give you both.

Not that a system with tundra arms and king shocks with a traditional bar won’t be better overall than stock LC suspension with KDSS.. but all that suspension work with the benefit of KDSS is on the table too. Just in a more expensive (used) vehicle.

To be clear I think what you are doing here is awesome..

I agree it might not be the end all be all but it is really nice. Either you run no bar or one so soft it doesn’t inhibit articulation and deal with the resulting on-road body roll or side hill instability.. or run a stiff bar (if one is even available in non-KDSS format) to get the road handling and limit articulation. KDSS and AHC give you both.

Not that a system with tundra arms and king shocks with a traditional bar won’t be better overall than stock LC suspension with KDSS.. but all that suspension work with the benefit of KDSS is on the table too. Just in a more expensive (used) vehicle.

To be clear I think what you are doing here is awesome..

This was the other option I was referring to aside from the AHC delete shown in this thread.

He retained the AHC system, added the Tundra front-end parts and then used a Tundra specific lift with the addition of the AHC and cleared 37's while keeping the AHC fully functional.

Question: do you have traction control? VSC? Atrac?

Drove it around 100 miles today, everything is working fine.

20200105_144332.jpg

20200105_144320.jpg

So there are no pending codes re: missing AHC stored in the ECU?

We're you able to see if VSC still function?
Same internal CAN fault as before.
U0132 "lost communication with suspension module A"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom