Builds Dirty Koala Build - Cummins 6BT + NV4500 + HF2AV Swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still collecting parts for my conversion, clutch pedal assembly from Japan4x4 and master cylinder from CruiserAddiction Now on hand.

Now that the permafrost is staring to break in the northeast I figured I needed to do something, so I installed an Engo 12k winch and a pair of Baja Designs Lapaz HID's along with the slee headlight and aux. Harnesses.

To Mount the winch I picked up a piece of 1"x .5" flat bar and cut two sections about 8" long and drilled two holes in each that align to the winch mounting holes. A few coats of zinc primer and a topcoat later... total cost $5.

I happened to have a bunch of leftover battery cables at various lengths that I had made but hadn't used, put them to use and was able to mount the control box under the hood in front of the primary battery. I also wired in the wireless remote reciever, which took a little guess work since the winch comes with a single solid state solenoid and the instructions and wireless reciever are designed and illustrate the old doue solenoid setup...no biggie though.
20150325_065502.jpg
20150321_230633.jpg

Since I am a glutton for punishment I have been building two trucks at the same time, my 80 and a 2nd Gen extended cab Cummins Ram. The ram has undergone some serious suspension fabrication and tuning...more than ever will be warranted on the east coast. Well as a pre-req to pulling the motor on my cruiser I need to finish up the ram build. Last weekend I setup the ARB and 4.10 gears...one step closer to tearing the motor out of my 80
20150322_155216.jpg

No update on the adapter yet, I expect it will take a few weeks to get fabricated. My son was born on Sunday, so haven't had much time the past couple of days to spend on the conversion. I will give Dustin a call tomorrow to see how it's progressing.
Have you received the adapter from Dustin? I would like to see a pic of the adapter and other components Dustin is doing for you and your thoughts, how they fit, etc. I'm asking because I'm ***trying*** to work with Dustin on the same thing, adapting a NV4500 to my stock HF2A T-case (1994 LC, Isuzu 4BD2T). Initially, the communication was great, but now crickets.

Have you received the adapter from Dustin? I would like to see a pic of the adapter and other components Dustin is doing for you and your thoughts, how they fit, etc. I'm asking because I'm ***trying*** to work with Dustin on the same thing, adapting a NV4500 to my stock HF2A T-case (1994 LC, Isuzu 4BD2T). Initially, the communication was great, but now crickets.
No not yet, I am still waiting on the adapter, quick mount plate and a few other bits. Communication has definately diminished the past few weeks.

No not yet, I am still waiting on the adapter, quick mount plate and a few other bits. Communication has definately diminished the past few weeks.
My late-father once told me when people complain, that's a business opportunity. When I spoke with Dustin, he was pleasant and helpful, but follow-up is down right disrespectful. If he's busy, how hard is a one line e-mail or text? I wish he wasn't the only game in town. I'll keep trying to give him the benefit of doubt, but that's not easy.

When i communicated with him regarding my cracked thermostat housing I had to call. Emails seemed like they were a waste of time. He called me back twice at a reasonable response time. Talking with him he seemed like a easy person to talk with. My guess is it's a small business and he cant hire a person to take care of calls, emails and shipping. Still no excuse.

I always call and when I do get a hold of him he is very helpful and will spend the time to answer all my questions.

Where I have an issue is being given a timeline for delivery and that timeline repeatably being missed without any communication. In my line of work a missed deliverable will cost you your job. Setting expectations appropriately and then meeting or exceeding those expectations is the only way to operate successfully.

I always call and when I do get a hold of him he is very helpful and will spend the time to answer all my questions.

Where I have an issue is being given a timeline for delivery and that timeline repeatably being missed without any communication. In my line of work a missed deliverable will cost you your job. Setting expectations appropriately and then meeting or exceeding those expectations is the only way to operate successfully.
I really hope the adapter comes to life and they can meet demand. Is there another business that they are involved in making them seem like they are flailing around in quicksand?

I am confidant that the adapter will come to life, whether or not the demand is there and can bet met in a timely manner is to be seen.
Is a full machine shop, that I assume has a lot of work beyond the Cummins conversion pieces, I believe that is the where the delays are coming from.

Just spoke to Dustin and it sounds like my adapter is complete and shipping out today, should be getting a tracking number later today.

Leaning towards the route your taking. Thanks for being the guinea pig. So stoked to see how things progress.

Leaning towards the route your taking. Thanks for being the guinea pig. So stoked to see how things progress.
I do like to do things a little different, hopefully this adaptation works as planned.

55lb UPS notification just came through....feeling pretty good.
I celebrated too early...typical unresponsive vendor tactic. Shipping label created 6 days ago...nothing shipped yet. Totally getting the run-around.

upload_2015-4-1_16-8-20.png

That is BS. I am starting to think I don't want to deal with him and source stuff myself locally. I have a few friends who are great with CAD and machine work.

I am at the point where I am considering sending the half of the kit I have received back and opening a visa claim. If I did that then I am back to the drawing board, which is not what I want...but may need to.

As someone who plans a cummins swap into his 80 in the next couple years, all the posts of the troubles with Dustin really pains me. :(

I am at the point where I am considering sending the half of the kit I have received back and opening a visa claim. If I did that then I am back to the drawing board, which is not what I want...but may need to.

Ditto!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom