Digital Instrument Cluster FZJ80 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yah it’s not going to be the cheapest option but I think it’s the best fit. It will be the cherry on top.

Cheap option: go buy an OBDII Bluetooth dongle and an 8" tablet. Bonus nachos: you now have a GPS map right in your dash and can stream audio or store music on it and tie it in to your stereo.
That is probably the smartest option.

Yea I think a small tablet could be made to work. Although personally I think its just for bling factor mostly. The stock cluster works fine for most people, and so far my efforts to make mine work with the ls motor have been fairly inexpensive. I would say in the end I maybe have 400 bucks into making all the functions of the stock cluster work with my ls motor. All I have left is the tach and the shifter indicator lights to get working.

sorry to bump an old thread but I finished my racepak setup and got a few miles on it! Other than the blue being a bit distracting at night its really nice, i do wish it was a little bigger

8998f3e0577ea6ad1c01ed575f3e3f8c.jpg

If i had waited 1 year to start my LS swap i would have ended up with a Holley EFI and gauge setup

The Holly Setup is really rad. I like factory look, but I think I could get by with the Holly.:cool:

The Holly Setup is really rad. I like factory look, but I think I could get by with the Holly.:cool:

I himmed and hawed back and forth for like month on staying stock and using some actual gauges or just going full on with a racepak. Im really happy with my decision to go with the racepak, every morning I wake up to the sound of an american V8 roar and a racepak that displays "good morning joe" hahahahahahha

All in all, its a luxury not necessary to all, but I dont want to lose my 8-10k built LS to low oil pressure relying on a bar gauge

I himmed and hawed back and forth for like month on staying stock and using some actual gauges or just going full on with a racepak. Im really happy with my decision to go with the racepak, every morning I wake up to the sound of an american V8 roar and a racepak that displays "good morning joe" hahahahahahha

All in all, its a luxury not necessary to all, but I dont want to lose my 8-10k built LS to low oil pressure relying on a bar gauge
You have 10k into a LS motor? What kind of LS did you build?

You have 10k into a LS motor? What kind of LS did you build?

Alluminum 6.0, forged rods and pistons (also flat top)
Ported and polished 6.2 heads
ls3 intake
full package dual valve springs
full comp cams hydraulic lifters at a 1.7 ratio versus normal 1.6
melling high volume oil pump
full balancing and inspection on the crank
proper competition bearings for cam and crank
arp hardware through out
full custom cam

this was built in 2014 for our 4500 class car , raced 2 races and than pulled when we stripped the car for a rebuild . Ended up not finishing the new car I purchased it for a measely 3000 hahhahahahah estimated run time was 12ish hours

Also bear in mind I'm in Canada

Alluminum 6.0, forged rods and pistons (also flat top)
Ported and polished 6.2 heads
ls3 intake
full package dual valve springs
full comp cams hydraulic lifters at a 1.7 ratio versus normal 1.6
melling high volume oil pump
full balancing and inspection on the crank
proper competition bearings for cam and crank
arp hardware through out
full custom cam

this was built in 2014 for our 4500 class car , raced 2 races and than pulled when we stripped the car for a rebuild . Ended up not finishing the new car I purchased it for a measely 3000 hahhahahahah estimated run time was 12ish hours

Also bear in mind I'm in Canada
So that's about a 450hp motor?

So that's about a 450hp motor?

old cam through an atlas and a th400 and ford 9 hi piniongs made 395 to all 4 wheels on 40's, this cam has slightly less duration but more bottom end

theorotically should be 500-550 as compression is 10.7 to 1, but I never trust theorotical calculators and the cost to run the engne on the engine dyno to me at the time was whatever. At this point detuned running strictly on low octane timing tables i squawk tires shifting gears and pulls faster than the old 4.5 ever did. Im honestly concerned for the front diff if I launch it hard enough

Last edited:
old cam through an atlas and a th400 and ford 9 hi piniongs made 395 to all 4 wheels, this cam has slightly less duration but more bottom end

theorotically should be 500-550 as compression is 10.7 to 1, but I never trust theorotical calculators and the cost to run the engne on the engine dyno to me at the time was whatever. At this point detuned running strictly on low octane timing tables i squawk tires shifting gears and pulls faster than the old 4.5 ever did. Im honestly concerned for the front diff if I launch it hard enough
So when it says 19 on the gauge for fuel, what does that mean? Does that mean 19 liters left in the tank?

So when it says 19 on the gauge for fuel, what does that mean? Does that mean 19 liters left in the tank?

percent, though I could scale the gauge to work however way I want! Its a custom measurement system, Ill probably drain the tank this weekend to get a true calibrations but I set it up based off the FSM 3 ohms is empty 110 is full, just builds a chart based off the resistance

however the 2 buttons in the top right I can enter calibration mode and when its empty or full I can set it, this next fill Ill do a full calibration to be positive

the gauge has a factory 499 ohm pull up resistor to convert it voltage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom