Diesel Transplanted 80 series Registry (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello there reading your posting I just bought a 1993 FJ80 with a 4BT swap, I live in NJ and looking for a strong land cruiser/diesel mechanic. It is also pretty loud it brought a 700R4 tranny with factory transfer case, how do you quiet this engine some and stop some of this vibration. Thanks.

IMG_1422.JPG

For the folks with 6bt's swapped in, what are you running for an oil pressure sending unit? Both the original 80 series and cummins sender give too high or low of a reading on the gauge
I'm running the factory Toyota sender.

I have done 3 swaps and every time it's a stock sending unit

Hello all,

I am now the owner of a 1HD-T swapped FZJ80 with a Gturbo on it. So far, it has been fun to drive and is getting roughly 20mpg! I took possession on Thursday, got 315s on Friday and my manual boost controller just came in the mail!

Well most re use the factory sender, I have found over time they become less and less accurate, Millage particularly has an effect on it. Mine at warm idle the needle is just below the second line, cold idle it's just above the 2nd to last line. Sender has 300k kms on it.

I've been noticing mine isn't reading as high as it used to, I wonder if the violent nature of the diesel takes its toll on the sender. I usually test the psi with a gauge and then I have a reference point. Cummins's and Toyota's specs for oil pressure are way lower than I like to see. I'm experiencing similar rise and fall but between the marks.

1) 1994 FZJ80
2) 1990 W250 12 valve cummins,getrag 5 speed,np205 transfer case
3)Fairly straight forward swap
4)Fire wall flex at the clutch master cylinder,relocating the fuel tank
5)3" spacers up front and 4" lift coils in the rear provide lift to clear 37" tires
6)It used to be slow with the automatic,stock gears and large tires,but not anymore!It's my daily driver and does a great job,excellent street manners.Highway,it cruises decent around 80mph but I normally keep it under 70mph.Offroad,it idles over most obstacles but would benefit from a crawl box of some sort for any real technical crawling
7)Ah the big question!! MPG's Before 6-8mpg's,Now 14mpg's I'm sure it'll get better once I get over all this new power
8)*easy stuff
9) no current pics.It looks the same,I'll update with pics later
10) no build thread,only a few hours every weekend for 12 weeks.

Someone mentioned adding a category for Price and I think it would be really helpful! Especially if broken into Price for parts and Estimate time of labor.

FYI a RHD FJ diesel just came up on Craigslist for Orange County CA. Thought someone might be interested. It's not mine unfortunately. I hope I'm not breaking any rules... I'm a noobie.

IMG_4534.PNG

IMG_4535.PNG

Well we are getting closer, I set the body back down and I hope to take it to the, exhaust shop Thursday, I am going to run a different stand alone, than previous Compushift units, BTW if you are doing a swap of any kind, replace the heater valve, they all seem to crumble

20170331_180103.jpg

20170331_182350.jpg

20170403_170143.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom