Diecast FJ55: Who'd be interested? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jon,

I would love to help you get one each if I can get my hands on enough of them!

I will try to call home either tonight or tomorrow evening and see if my mom was able to get to a store or two!

I think the problem I see if that if I can't get all of them at one place, especially locally, then I would have to order a few of them at a time online. And that would add to the cost and that, in the end, might be a deal breaker for some folks who have expressed interest.

Stay tuned!!

Mot

you can cancel my order, it was just to add to the collection and since i don't actually own a 55 i would rather see them go to someone that drives one.

no issues either way.

Wayne,

That's very nice of you.

Lemme see what I find out and I will let you guys know.

Thanks!

Mot

Talked to my mom this evening.

She said she went to another store and found a few "all white" Land Cruiser.

She told me that it was the same model as the ones that I've been asking her about. But the only cruiser she's seen in real life is my 80. :doh:

She said there is a festivity held by the die-cast car manufacturer in town this weekend. She went to it and it was a zoo! She said she was going to go back there about now and see if she can find any for sale.

She was also going to talk to a rep from the company and see if she can get more of them.

I've shot three more e-mails inquiring about them this evening. I am hoping that one of these avenues will turn out.

I will let you know!

THANKS for your patience, guys!

Mot

Hey Mot,

I hope your mom has better luck than I did. I looked at several stores in Sapporo a few weeks ago and only found a few. I was in Osaka once during the fall and saw a pile of the fj55 in the police model at the Takara corner in the Daimaru dept store. I kick myself for not getting a few of them. It seems like the "classic limited set" cars and trucks go pretty fast after they are released. I hope you can find good numbers of them.

Yoroshiku! ty :beer:

I finally found a couple of online folks/shops to reply to my inquiries.

One said sorry and the other one is checking for me, but his prices would be at least retail.

I will follow up with my mom and see this week.
I asked her to check with the major toy stores by having them check their wholesalers and even the manufacturers to see if they had any (more) in stock.

I also told her to start buying them up to the quantities listed on the previous page.

Crazy, I know...

You have one Hell of a mom!

any chance to get in on this? Id buy a green one...

You have one Hell of a mom!
Thank you!
I think she's pretty awesome, too!

I tried to edit and add you on the list, but for some reason I could not find the "Edit" button. I am planning on adding you though!

any chance to get in on this? Id buy a green one...
I have a policy of "No cruiserheads left behind." :hillbilly:

Thanks!

ANYWAY, I talked to my mom and her venturing into the toy expo was fairly disappointing. She told me that there is another one at the end of this week and has already bought a ticket for it!

ANYWAY, I still told her to try to scoop up the green/brown (olive) ones if she happens to spot them, but it is fairly obvious that it's not going to be very fruitful.

So.... I went ahead and pulled the trigger on purchasing 35 of them just a few minutes ago. Hopefully they have all that they said they had when I purchase them.

Also, I have a couple of more leads (1 at Toyota Automobile Museum gift shop) and I am "HOPING" that between all these places I am going to have just enough to satisfy your guys' addiction!

But the pessimist in me does not allow me to get that excited, yet!

Stay tuned!

Mot

Show me the money!!!

Well, I am in the process of gathering what I can, but from my (limited) experience, a lot of times not everybody follows through when there is a group buy of this sort.

So... I would like to start collecting funds from those that have expressed interest AND on the lists on Page 2 of this thread.

PLEASE INDICATE WHEN YOU ARE PAYING (PayPal: address listed below) what your Mud handle is, how many of which type you have ordered (and are actually listed on the aforementioned lists), as well as which address you would like your truck(s) shipped to.

I do not know the exact cost of this yet, but I mentioned about $30 on my first post. So, if you have ordered one, then you can send me $30/vehicle.

Yes, I know shipping will not cost double of what it costs to ship one, but I am a simple man and would like to keep it as simple as possible at this point.
And yes, after everything is said and done, if I don't end up being able to get what you asked for, then I will simply refund you the money, in full.

I do not have all of them, yet, because I do not want to get any more and spend any more than I have to.

I am also having to get them from multiple sources from various costs. So that is why I can't say exactly how much it is going to cost right now. I will get the average price of the green/brown vehicles. And I will also get the average cost for the rest of the vehicles, after sales tax, shipping, etc...

I am HOPING that it is not going to exceed $30/vehicle for the basic green/brown ones. For the blue/white and yellow/white ones I do not expect more than $5/vehicle extra. But for the sake of simplicity please just send me $30/vehicle first. We can settle the differences later.

BUT IF IT DOES, I do not think it would be more than $35 for the green/brown ones. IF IT DOES, I don't want to promise anything, but I am going to ask you to pay the difference. (Again, I expect the blue/white and yellow/white to be no more than $5 more)

ANYWAY, also, I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET ANY OF THE BLACK/WHITE (Police) models as they seem to be most expensive and are harder to come by. So, if you asked for them PLEASE DO NOT PAY FOR THEM, as I would like to see the dust settle with the other four types before tackling the black/white (Police) version. Hope that is OK!

Anyway, PayPal is what I prefer and my address is:

motoomi@yahoo.com

I am going to give this until the end of the month (1/31/2012).
If I have not received payment by then I will try not to feel too bad about not being able to get what you have asked for.

But at the same time, I am a reasonable man, so if you want me to make an exception, please ask me via PM and I will do what I can to accommodate!

Anyway, I am sure not everybody who has expressed interest surfs on Mud everyday, so it would take sometime, but hopefully I would hear back from everybody one way or another by the month-end deadline!

I apologize if this is very confusing and please let me know if you have any questions.

I thank you in advance for your patience in this whole process!

Sincerely yours,

Mot

Thanks mot.

Well not being able to edit posts is really going to suck. I was going to edit one to say I only wanted one Green if anyone backed out. So if anyone backs out when it's all said and done I'd love a green. Thanks. If not, such is life.

Thanks mot.

Well not being able to edit posts is really going to suck. I was going to edit one to say I only wanted one Green if anyone backed out. So if anyone backs out when it's all said and done I'd love a green. Thanks. If not, such is life.

Jon,

I don't know why I can't edit (Am I missing something?)

Anyway, I had already counted you in, so if you want, go ahead and send the fund.

LMK!

Mot

mot said:
Jon,

I don't know why I can't edit (Am I missing something?)

Anyway, I had already counted you in, so if you want, go ahead and send the fund.

LMK!

Mot

Will do thanks. It appears that a couple members have screwed things up for all of us. Woody is looking into better alternatives. Check the help forum. There is a thread going on it.

Will do thanks. It appears that a couple members have screwed things up for all of us. Woody is looking into better alternatives. Check the help forum. There is a thread going on it.

Nice...

It looks like that I have been able to secure about 29 green/white, 30 brown/white and 10 blue/white & yellow/white, each.

I probably would not get any more browns because that is more than requested :hillbilly:, but "hope" to get close to the desired amount of the green ones.

A couple of places had their inventory info wrong and had to cancel some of my orders...

But as I said, it would not be at all shocking to me if not all the folks came through... I know, I need to have my glass to be fuller, instead of being all empty all the time. :hillbilly:

OK, I "think" now I've rounded up about 41 greens ...

I probably should have stopped sooner, but oh well... such as life!

Yeah, I'm a dumb-ass...

as i mentioned before, i am passing on this deal.
if you have already paid for mine then i will still come good at my end, if not then we pass. let me know either way.
cheers

crushers said:
as i mentioned before, i am passing on this deal.
if you have already paid for mine then i will still come good at my end, if not then we pass. let me know either way.
cheers

You only need to pay if you still want it, Wayne!

:cheers:

Mot

Thanks again Mot for doing this, and thank your mom too! :bounce:

Paul

Paul,

Just confirmed your PayPal payment!

Yeah, my mom is all right. ;)

I was actually kind of starting to get (and still am) nervous because if you do the math the basic green/brown ones are $20-ish each (my cost). Then you get like 90 of them and you do the math and voila... :doh:

Not to sound to much like the ex-WHAM singer, but...

Gotta have faith! :hillbilly:

Thanks again, Paul!
You just made my day! (Yeah, I know, it doesn't take much...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom