Diecast FJ55: Who'd be interested? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
Sorry if this is not tech, but I thought I would be able to hit the right demography here, rather than Chat or For Sale.

This has been on my mind for some time, but now my work has finally slowed down I feel like I can offer to do this!

I guess this thread is just to show that there are these diecase models available in Japan (limited time only, I'm afraid) and if anyone is interested I might be able to get them for you.

I am NOT doing this to make money, but it is not going to be cheap.

The basic models (brown or green) cost close to $20/each at the current exchange rate (and the exchange loss, etc...). Then they will have to be shipped to my folks' place in Japan, then to my place in Utah, then FINALLY to your doorstep.

I am guesstimating $30 to be the final cost per unit (brown/green).

I doubt many would, but if should you be interested in any of the three other versions (JAF(blue/white; kind of like AAA), Road Service (yellow/white) and the police (black/white), it would be more (Please let me know and I can try to find out.

I will keep track of the actual costs and refund you the difference if it comes under $30 (I think it should)

But anyway, again I just wanted to show them to you because I think they're way cool and if any of you were crazy enough to fork out the $$ to get one, I wanted to be able to help make it happen.

I will post all the pics I found of them in the next couple of posts.

Not sure how long this would stay in this section, but hopefully long enough for a lot of you to see them. :cheers:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Mot

FJ56V Brown & Green.jpg
FJ56V JAF & Road Service.jpg

JAF (Japan Automobile(tive?) Federation: Similar to AAA):

FJ56V JAF 3.jpg
FJ56V JAF.jpg
FJ56V JAF 2.jpg

Road Service (Maintenance):

FJ56V Road Service 3.jpg
FJ56V Road Service.jpg
FJ56V Road Service 2.jpg

And finally, the police version:

FJ56V Police.jpg
FJ56V Police 2.jpg
FJ56V Police 3.jpg

If I were still in Japan I would have loved to do another give-away, but I guess not this time! :frown:

I am going to try to pick up 3 or 4 sets, maybe 1 for me and 3 for my boys and thought it would be cool some of you who are the actual owners of the 55's got one that looked just like your own rig. :steer:

I can see scale is 1/64.Is there any way you could set something next to them to show the scale.I am in for a green one and since I'm in Utah I could possibly pick it up.Thanks for sharing,Matt

Howdy! I would be interested in both a Green one and the Black Police model. Thnaks, John

I think Hotwheels and Matchbox are 1/64.

4SpeedConv011.jpg

:eek: I'm a little surprised by the interest!

Sounds like more (regular) greens than the olive green, eh?

And I am thinking I will wait and see how many of which kind gets your interest by early next week and give it a go.

I do not need any money at this time, but when it's time I would most likely go with PayPal.

I am impressed to see that they have both regular hatch and the barn doors. :hillbilly:

And for shipping from Japan to my place I am going to opt for the slow air option which is cheaper than express air (1 week or less).

But I hope you are not planning on having these to stuff your Christmas stockings because it would take 2-3 weeks before it gets here. But I can ship up to 2kgs (a little over 4 lbs) that way and it's about half the cost of express, IIRC.

I would love a green one! Put me on the list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom