Dial indicator suggestion for genuine Toyota 1hz 1hdt IP timing tool ?

Managed to pick up a new genuine Toyota tool for setting injector pump timing on 1hz and 1hdt motors. Is there a specific type of dial indicator required to go with it or just any one that has the right thread and scaling?

Thanks, craig.

I use a Mitutoyo, I can check the model on the weekend. But the right thread and scaling is all you need to have.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
Mine is a Made in Japan tool produced by Denso. You can source them overseas. I used a simple (metric) dial gauge from McMaster Carr and it worked great. I will loan this tool out if anyone is interested, send me a PM.
You’re the man! That’s exactly what I was going to ask the OP until I realized he was on another continent. I’ll be in touch with you when I get to that point. I’m still working on my long block rebuild at present.

Watch the shank Diameter on the dial gauge - the sst takes quite a small one. I drilled it out a bit to fit my gauge but if buying a gauge might as well get the right one. You’ll have to measure it I can’t remember the size...

Watch the shank Diameter on the dial gauge - the sst takes quite a small one. I drilled it out a bit to fit my gauge but if buying a gauge might as well get the right one. You’ll have to measure it I can’t remember the size...
That's exactly right. I had to turn mine down a bit so that the shank on the gauge would actually fit the SST

Is there actually a Toyota SST intended to fit the tool? Probably worth asking...

I had a look at the dial gauge hole in the tool today and it's 8 mm with no thread. The wingnut secures it once fitted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom