Desmog components (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the info, still need to get my 2bbl big window carb to ya for a refresh. Mike

@FJ40Jim I've got about 4K miles on my desmog and the pulley is on the outs. I have narrowed an above 3K RPM squeal down to this component. Not blaming the pulley, there is a chance that for 4K miles it was over tightened by yours truly.

I just need to know how to source a new one, can I find it at tractor supply, local auto parts or get it from you?

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

@FJ40Jim I've got about 4K miles on my desmog and the pulley is on the outs. I have narrowed an above 3K RPM squeal down to this component. Not blaming the pulley, there is a chance that for 4K miles it was over tightened by yours truly.

I just need to know how to source a new one, can I find it at tractor supply, local auto parts or get it from you?

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
Yes, it may be in stock at TractorSupply or equivalent.

If not available locally, I sell the pulley separately for $22, includes shipping in USA. PayPal can be sent to the usual fj40jim at Gmail dott com address.

Dunno any specific PN. It's a fairly standard 4" OD x 1/2"hub x B-width idler. Might be able to fit a 4.5" or 5" pulley wheel as well, with some finagling of belt and adjuster lock bolt. The current pulley actually has a 5/8"/16mm bearing with a 1/2" ID sleeve pressed into it. That sleeve can be driven out and moved to a new bearing w/ common 16mm hole, if needed.

Ok, I see from the last pages of this thread that you are still in the desmog business. Are the prices below correct and do I need anything else?
This is for a 1983 FJ60.

1. v.3.3 AIR pump idler pulley for 81-87 2F with factory PS pump- Price is $110,

2.cap & plug set- $10

3. EGR blockoff plate for 2/76-later 2F exhaust manifolds-$15

4. 25628-61060 EGR gasket- $15

5. threaded EGR Intake manifold plug- $30

Also, in addition to removing and installing the above, I also understand a recurve and carb rebuild are in order.
Couple questions-
1. I had my engine rebuilt about 18 months ago and the carb was rebuilt. Do people rebuild their carb during a desmog because it is a convenient time to do so or are there mods that are pertain to the desmog that need to be done?
2. Do you sill do rebuilds and the recurve and what is the turn around time and price?

FJ12.jpg

Hi Jim,
I Sent you an email before reading the entire thread. I now see you have all the parts in stock. Just picked up an 86 FJ60 that looks like the PO got one of your pulleys mounted in place of the air pump and stopped there. I will need everything except the pulley and bracket. If I calculate correct, it's $77 Shipped?
Cap & plug set, EGR exhaust plate & gasket, and EGR intake plug.

Always been an avid pre-87 GM Truck guy and looking forward to getting into something a little different!

Jim - paypal $ sent for plug and cap set. Thank you!

Ok, I see from the last pages of this thread that you are still in the desmog business. Are the prices below correct and do I need anything else? This is for a 1983 FJ60.

1. v.3.3 AIR pump idler pulley for 81-87 2F with factory PS pump- Price is $110,

2.cap & plug set- $10

3. EGR blockoff plate for 2/76-later 2F exhaust manifolds-$30

4. 25628-61060 EGR gasket- $15

5. threaded EGR Intake manifold plug- $30

Hi John, Thanks for posting. Prices above are correct, total w/ Priority Mail shipping is $202. Paypal can be sent to my 'mud ID at gmail dot com.

Also, in addition to removing and installing the above, I also understand a recurve and carb rebuild are in order.
Couple questions-
1. I had my engine rebuilt about 18 months ago and the carb was rebuilt. Do people rebuild their carb during a desmog because it is a convenient time to do so or are there mods that are pertain to the desmog that need to be done?

Yes, it is a convenient time to do it.
Yes, there are mods that can be done that make the truck run better than new, but might not be totally smog-legal.
But ultimately, no, the carb does not HAVE to be rebuilt for a desmog.

2. Do you sill do rebuilds and the recurve and what is the turn around time and price?
Carb rebuild, desmog, re-jet, test on dyno engine, return ship is 5 weeks & $399.
Dissy clean, recurve, test spin, return ship is $129.
Above prices are rebuild of customer's good core. Carb cores are good 98% of the time. Dissy cores are good 70% of the time.

HTH!

Hi Jim,
Just picked up an 86 FJ60 that looks like the PO got one of your pulleys mounted in place of the air pump and stopped there. I will need everything except the pulley and bracket. If I calculate correct, it's $77 Shipped?
Cap & plug set, EGR exhaust plate & gasket, and EGR intake plug.
Hi, Thanks for posting.

Cap&plugs $10
EGR plate & gasket $45
EGR intake plug $30
Priority Mail $7
--------------
Total $92

Hey Jim,
I tried PMing you but there was no option on your profile. Anyhow, I am
looking for the full desmog package for my 2/79 FJ40. I pulled these parts from the thread;
Air Pump Idler Pulley
Cap/Plug Set
EGR Block Off Plate
EGR Gasket 25628-61060
EGR Compression Plug
Are these all of the parts that I need?
How much should I PayPal you to include shipping?
Thanks!

I am
looking for the full desmog package for my 2/79 FJ40. I pulled these parts from the thread;
Air Pump Idler Pulley
Cap/Plug Set
EGR Block Off Plate
EGR Gasket 25628-61060
EGR Compression Plug
Are these all of the parts that I need?
How much should I PayPal you to include shipping?
Thanks!

Yes, that is the special parts that are needed for a complete & sano desmog on an 81-87 2F engine.
The AP idler and EGR compression plug are specific to the 79-80 2F, being smaller than the more common 81-87 2F.
The 79-80 AP idler takes a few days to custom cut and weld together, but it can be done, no problem.

The EGR compression plug is not yet in production for the 79-80. The raw material is here and if you're interested it will move up the priority list for machining, just LMK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom