Desmog components (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jim,
$37 just sent for the brass EGR nut/plug. Let me know if the address info doesnt show up.
Thanks

Sent mine as well.

So will these fit my 79 2F setup? You are saying 81-87 2F.
I don't have a 79 EGR valve here to measure, but I think they are a smaller pipe & thread size.
Can you measure the OD of the male thread on the EGR valve & post here? Thanks!

Jim,
I will try to get it measured tomorrow evening. I sent payment but can you hold mine until I can measure and get back with you on it?
Thanks

Jim,
My 79 is 20mm so the nut you have won't work for me. Go ahead and issue the refund please. Oh well.

Thanks Jim. I got it. If you make some more of those in the future for my application let me know please.

Bryce, Thanks for the payment. Everything is in stock, EXCEPT the EGR gasket. More gaskets are enroute from Toyoter, should be here tuesday. LMK if that is unacceptable and a refund will be on the way.

Jim,

Received the parts and everything went together great! Except for one air rail screw didn't come out completely. It broke in half while trying to remove. Do you have any recommendations for how to remove it since it's mostly hollow and I cannot get a vise grip to hold onto enough material to twist it out?

Thanks again for the parts! Very high quality!!

Jim,
I am not sure if this is the best thread for this, but I wasn't able to send you a PM. I sent my carb to you for a rebuild around Thanksgiving and was just checking to see when you think it might be ready. It was for the 69' FJ55.

Thanks,
Sam

Jim,
I just sent you the funds for the Desmog Components Pt 2, EGR block off plate and gasket. $62.

Sam

Received the parts and everything went together great! Except for one air rail screw didn't come out completely. It broke in half while trying to remove. Do you have any recommendations for how to remove it since it's mostly hollow and I cannot get a vise grip to hold onto enough material to twist it out?

That's a toughie. Try all the usual culprits: penetrant, percussion, heat. Then try catching the edge w/ a chisel and tap-tapping in the unthread direction. Since there's already a hole in the center, try an easy-out.

For future reference, if the AI nozzle seems stuck in the head or looks really rusty, start by soaking with oil for a day, then remove air rail. If rail nut(s) won't come loose, then just shear the rusty tube off flush w/ the nut using a sharp chisel. once air rail is out of the way, rap on the top of the fitting with a hammer to shock it & break up the rust. use a 17mm 6point socket and flex-head ratchet to remove fitting. The flex head will allow breaking it loose with the handle held slightly down to put the tork all in line with rotating the fastener. As the handle is swiveled upward, more & more of the tork goes into breaking the fastener off sideways rather than turning the fastener.

Jim,
I am not sure if this is the best thread for this, but I wasn't able to send you a PM. I sent my carb to you for a rebuild around Thanksgiving and was just checking to see when you think it might be ready. It was for the 69' FJ55.
Sam
Sam, it is in progress. FWIW it has previously been upgraded from the dinky 69 carb to a 70-72 carb, bonus!

I just sent you the funds for the Desmog Components Pt 2, EGR block off plate and gasket. $62.
Sam
Sam2, it goes in the mail today. thanks.

Hey Jim, I have a desmogged 2F with Weber carb and HEI dizzy from MAF which were bought before joined Mud. Now realize it is best to have alterations made to original carb and dizzy. Do you still perform these services? If so, price and turn around time? Please included Paypal account and address, if applicable.

Thanks, Ken

jim,
this is Kevin Johnson in San Antonio, I am new to you and Mud. I have a 74 FJ40 FST and in need of all components to desmog the F2 engine. In addition i would like to know the process to send you my carburetor to get rebuilt. The desmog is top priority. Im including my brother Jim on this chain @CenTXFJ60

Jim

I have a Jan 1979 FJ40 with the original 2F motor with all the smog.
Just got the new registration which lets me take all of that off.
I am looking for as complete a set of DESMOG parts as possible with the exception of the air pump Idler, for some reason on mine this is driven by a completely separate belt that I have disconnected already.
If there is a better way to contact you please advise.

Pete Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom