DEPO Lights with a Slee Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was thinking about adding a 28" LED spot light bar between the vertical ARB posts. That should take care of some issues, at least you can turn it on and off. Just in case the 100W low beam puts out too much bright light onto the oncoming traffic.

I am upgrading to Depo's and currently have the Slee harness that I've had for a couple years now. I've done some research and have decided not to get the harness from Susquehanna (rallylights.com) I'm going to use the Slee harness since I already have it and will add the innovative harness to connect to the h1/h4 bulbs. The question I have yet to answer is which bulbs to get. I'd like to get the most powerful bulb as possible without overheating the harness. Clearly the Slee harness (two 30 amps relays) is more robust than the factory setup but not quite as heavy duty as the Susquehanna harness (40 amp relays).

I've read plenty on the harness discussions but can't find much about the actual bulb selection. Any insight on this would be helpful.

@jebber I would recommend saving the $ on the Innovative Harness and just modify your Slee Harness. This way, you will use BOTH filaments of the H4 bulb. You can reference this thread to see how you would do this.

As for which bulb to buy...I went with cheap Hella bulbs and they are sufficient for my needs. Bulbs seem to be pretty personal so I would recommend starting out with cheap ones and work your way up. The DEPO lenses really pump out usable light. Some use over-wattage bulbs in them. DEPO's have a very defined cutoff point/line and can be adjusted as to not blind oncoming traffic.

Quick couple of questions. I just picked up a set of Depo headlights and the Innovative harness. I am wanting a basic lighting upgrade for now, and maybe upgrade to HIDs at a later time.
1. Is it simple plug n' play with these harnesses?
2. Will i need any additional parts; relays, fuse blocks, etc?
3. What are the best bulbs for this application, Phillips, Hellas, etc

Just being a bit cautious, since electrial isnt my strong area and i don't want to fry anything. Thanks!

Quick couple of questions. I just picked up a set of Depo headlights and the Innovative harness. I am wanting a basic lighting upgrade for now, and maybe upgrade to HIDs at a later time.
1. Is it simple plug n' play with these harnesses?
2. Will i need any additional parts; relays, fuse blocks, etc?
3. What are the best bulbs for this application, Phillips, Hellas, etc

Just being a bit cautious, since electrial isnt my strong area and i don't want to fry anything. Thanks!

1. Yes
2. Yes (for full function of the dual filament... It will work just fine without it)
3. A matter of luck. All of them can burn out randomly. I can't even remember the brand I got from ebay. My choice was based on price.

Finished my Depo's with HID projector retrofit somewhat recently. Output is staggering.

9HAga6Q.jpg

@absalom
What shrouds did you use? Can you give us specifics on exactly what you purchased?
I want to say either Range Rover or Panamera shrouds, you could match them up with the matching ones on DDM Tuning's website.

I used the D2S 3" V2 projector with 55w ballasts, and 4300k bulbs; all from DDM Tuning. You'll also need the appropriate wiring harness for your truck. The color temperature is very pleasing to the eye, and virtually identical to the famous Philips 4300k found on most luxury cars. However, due to the extra 20 watts, they are much brighter than OEM hid systems.

I want to say either Range Rover or Panamera shrouds, you could match them up with the matching ones on DDM Tuning's website.

I used the D2S 3" V2 projector with 55w ballasts, and 4300k bulbs; all from DDM Tuning. You'll also need the appropriate wiring harness for your truck. The color temperature is very pleasing to the eye, and virtually identical to the famous Philips 4300k found on most luxury cars. However, due to the extra 20 watts, they are much brighter than OEM hid systems.

Thanks Mr. Absalom, you just caused me to spend more money...lol. Just got off the phone with those guys and getting the order sorted. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks Mr. Absalom, you just caused me to spend more money...lol. Just got off the phone with those guys and getting the order sorted. Any tips would be appreciated.
Just be glad they are half the price of the equivalent TRS kit. Now, for mounting, you can certainly attempt using the included threaded body, but we ran into clearance issues between the lens of the projector and lens of the headlight. So we ended up just boring a 2" hole in the headlight and mounting with KwikSteel. Very easy this way! There's a generic guide out there that recommends doing it the exact same way.

Just be glad they are half the price of the equivalent TRS kit. Now, for mounting, you can certainly attempt using the included threaded body, but we ran into clearance issues between the lens of the projector and lens of the headlight. So we ended up just boring a 2" hole in the headlight and mounting with KwikSteel. Very easy this way! There's a generic guide out there that recommends doing it the exact same way.

Great info, so did you have to heat up and split the assembly? And boring a hole in the backing? As far as the guide; does it come with the kit or care to share a link? Thanks again.

Great info, so did you have to heat up and split the assembly? And boring a hole in the backing? As far as the guide; does it come with the kit or care to share a link? Thanks again.
Projectors: Mini D2S 3.0 Guide - DIY Installation Guides

If you can't get enough clearance using the above guide, then you'll want to bore out a 2" or so hole in the back of your headlight.

Ya, to separate the headlights, just bake them @ 250f for about 9-10 mins. Then using either a chisel, flathead screwdriver, or other flat device, slowly split the seams. At first it's tough, but once you get a foothold, it becomes much easier.

Projectors: Mini D2S 3.0 Guide - DIY Installation Guides

If you can't get enough clearance using the above guide, then you'll want to bore out a 2" or so hole in the back of your headlight.

Ya, to separate the headlights, just bake them @ 250f for about 9-10 mins. Then using either a chisel, flathead screwdriver, or other flat device, slowly split the seams. At first it's tough, but once you get a foothold, it becomes much easier.
Thank you!!

Finally got around to finishing this up. Lots of light.
Before lows, no before highs.
After lows, highs, highs with 24" 10w lazerstar bar & 2 6" lazerstar 10w bars.
Still need to do some fine tuning with the leds however i extremely pleased with the reseults.

20160425_201356_001.jpg

20160608_233153.jpg

20160608_233232.jpg

20160608_233257.jpg

20160608_233643.jpg

@FJRanger
What H4 bulbs are you using?

Good question. Lifetime LED, they were a gift. The H1s are the 100w Hellas. I was worried at first about the LED output, potential glare, cutoff, etc. However I'm impressed, I think the pictures speak for themselves and if there are any distance issues the H1 and lazerstars will compensate for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom