CW 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn. Had to scroll back to page 3 to find this. Busy busy. :lol:

This is just some bored at work musings. I did do a little bit to the old lump over the summer, but mostly just drove it and enjoyed it.

A list is forming for over the winter. Some new stuff, and some stuff to redo that I don't like.

For example,

Front shocks/bump stop setup can be improved. Front shocks are limiting travel quite a bit. They were just ones I had, close enough for regular driving but not for any kind of wheeling. Because I do that so often.
The front bump stops I just don't like. I also don't like the way the corners of the headache rack turned out. Radius doesn't look right.

Maybe I'll finish off that fawking ebrake too so I don't have to do the gods must be crazy every time I go through the gate. ( if you don't get that reference, you suck. :flipoff2: )

I should probably figure out a spare tire mount too. Either headache rack, or build a rear bumper with swingout.
Having essentially 3 tailgates, it wouldn't really be in the way like it would on a normal truck.
If I hung it off the headache rack, it could be on a top pivot so it could swing up out of the way into the ladder rack if need be. :hmm:

I'll have to think about that one some more. Maybe actually GET a spare tire...:lol:

Bradford made the mistake of stopping by so I enlisted him into helping put the roof back on. Just so there's an actual cruiser pic. Might look better without the lumber rack on it, but that thing is just too damn useful. Picking up 20' lengths of steel or wood without drama is awesome.

eowKeOHJ0cwd6Qz_GHBXNL2g8XzDZ92A0v3rM13aasiJPzazjN37DKUYNcssfBO7KoBiNyRDeOn5b8mL7T6CBrD7u1PR4kju4icRNDRSEUEyFEhuLYHxu3vHR-niEgTaEcTMawf8J-px_Kw2nXiJ6nQM7eSyj6fM5tpXVFepLqXUHYie6vuEF0WeMrOzaW-Jq-qwo7cjhahkVV2bJqQI8QJvphLSTL5PwzYbydrFS7varioujA1U8ceFnjAQ7GKZyeEuou8zrdipSD0krwcbwTlSMtSrHfGorNYhNHjLuLrJT_t7l-3adgsZyH3ZT7a3pF2q2eWxRClxFaUnoTBCNelCVRd9uIrIMaGl03t1hcZ3fCE3qbgQ-7flSq0sQ75v5pCJrz8OAuqp2LdZivNR-ccq1UgUDO0tObIg6L7jc7uSCflQu8VAiWJWs5PH__8-L94Y_kypKvqHt7HsbNPrPM6IV8x_xzuhg89kM1nvXrOJobHBv9nk57LqN-FGIo3ZoJkcAVJLW8ZYekM7qy5N4wuHKtO1qyZnZb3kHg9XIOX48Ca3jyz4XzpgvjIHdPWOkCt9WOTD5HTfe9YxJrJtd9qefMg1sCG7wdg5GwWHlX4liulHRsA-kMJi26Xvz48N0cYBdKiN22JGQDOkWeU9pfdKGn2GsKA_DKfvWXiMSmNjirK3H1PScjkvz-EtfwURgvMJlgGjn6RakjQ81UGza5np=w1226-h919-no

Future roof machinations should be a bit easier with this. :grinpimp:

nm5Ca1q7jMXdcTfpIF6zBOeJmCs2YFXTJu9Sdi71yIY50UwT5FhWBQr6kGf9dg2jpcXRSL31ILvIiMSFXWkaoHzytDM2q78bN5vqsdRxZZr3d7729ReHo8T8jy-bOTLD9isGnQDXk_mfXoufPZ32vQ-7QNUtXhtzPjcUy78WxTJrt9TtCEkD-koH3br2Xh8OQ32AM4vd6OfpclU2kA0YE5FzSnQseQ_-NdRHyD874NMOrybOlghTarhn4MFjgHMIksz9EpA_I0xS17fhmdyNmNN7tRiC3UAzkPcP0rZv1Lnr8IsyMgwzpRV8eiG5d0sIeLv6UItghnLTxTuE4gAgaWLez8o1lJgjLs6vWXwV5VRao6Cf5VmTFWChUDR4q00qE1HLBYE5oF4h87Meztg6l6PF_nwnRzoabDW2TA9bJ4MJcgS5-kTXGKaQxY9WLpt0CxfNV3Pil114zUfEsTw1cv87g0YfmW0grOmMFUN8PZHoy1nCZV900AztwmrYdLQd_agOJMpVj2II756JSnjnrflccaGM1urFjVx1dfdgOG-U1uo9ic5L8uTJsUFJksD7hB1nWyEJdgctcQUJrgHiDE2aef7DSF9jAS1sIkkDSoK7DSkFSVpv5TbVk1By1ds0vuzer2vzgghuXVFfh4aYKWDmH0TK-OgRhe5GK2Na610_A4PRL6GwaZnkk1kt3UHRAeT_S7hU1YOWhWWyyhdVCVmR8Q=w1250-h937-no

My shop has this weird attic storage space through a roll up door.
I think the previous owner had intended to get a forklift for a wood storage room. Not sure. Dude was nuts.

I'll be able to swing the hardtop into the loft out of the way over the summer which will be kinda nice. Not to mention 50 other uses. Max capacity of the hoist is 400 pounds, so nothing crazy. Pivots right out of the way against the wall inside when not in use. I'll find a better hook for it. That one is s***.

vhGZKJT6gzSeUyYSH_7cRN2hokMHSdchPJttmJyuMTXMwUQ36TJQVXQLfzljIkRU0u-3WnVZvaC3x8_245DaJWzAE-9WnyC8PGHeLYnUEf3LSplU1k82sxVsf-_vZXHmahCXSDGTnsyx2K8uoOWFSWWuWursFjNyfa0GgbXPKdygltyaLupRy9CCN3ZmNwg49vPFwg1afuwyyBj13mVjBfpYco0n7ZdYN3D_Nb1n0ugeVyPjnmndq2CZqc6h3ph_rRA4NE0W0ydxwjk7yig6LI9Kjj9-tG8VqiQAHDTUklUcp9iAUoj22DC70zrnIGV4tFtwMgZNnWV0N_saSnkqCyGRTgEiCAJJgs2oo5_nSZrKrSJh2czJq8WNw_1ugYqFjYlJ5toSKt5ZAJwwZ3xArBbBWyoJJEEdnzvmM8nsjRMa1rxeaFtkpagDNVpjoC0hRPdKiLbvJWLhciHfLi5XO9cTBB-nrVq9qCQn0CS4xzleG032muhxuhJSxbrtc83qmFphyBTEGYjkHN-d4XBEFBMqgYT-YBXCqvOytmTMYicqgQecKghoULkdNPnAuv5yCkkheN2bEf4MUgVTsuKqfERlE1HrukWuxhG2YAU9wr2HwtiXzG0VrB80E6uLf7IKSivdC2Rwi8CPndTAPz6FAo9bvpGRGCpUso7Fnyfyv8blpEqj1tDzH0NdcaFjTgXFQb49bUvami-3VKoM6Hq0SU4ciQ=w1250-h937-no

Skid plate will be first thing tho. Hopefully this week. I could do with some fresh overhead welding burns.

Any updates on he ebrake caliper performance? Where did you get rotor and caliper? Live what you have done and shared in this build. Lots a good stuff!!!

Any updates on he ebrake caliper performance? Where did you get rotor and caliper? Live what you have done and shared in this build. Lots a good stuff!!!
Haha updates?

I've been driving it more than working on it which is kindof rare for my junk.

Rotor I made, caliper is a wilwood thing. Available everywhere, got mine off Amazon. Both variations actually.

For performance, it makes an excellent paperweight because I haven't gotten around to installing it yet :lol:

I am dying to get my BJ40 on the road. It must be nice having a turn key 40.

Im waiting for decent weather to paint, as you already know. But decent weather, no wind and all the trees are just puking out pollen right now so ya. FML

I am dying to get my BJ40 on the road. It must be nice having a turn key 40.

Im waiting for decent weather to paint, as you already know. But decent weather, no wind and all the trees are just puking out pollen right now so ya. FML
Its pretty damn nice yeah. Pretty much just goes on lunch trips and to lumber yards but still fun as hell.

Getting close to roof off season again too.

Might look into building a hard bikini top for it. I hate the way the canvas billows up and wrenches on the ws frame.

Plus just saying hard bikini brings slave girl princess leia to mind, which is never a bad thing.

Finally did something to the truck...

Apparently when I said "next week" back in October I was a tad optimistic.
Took more like 7 months for me to build the skid plate than 7 days :lol:

Made this way because of the steel I had laying around. Lots of 3" x 1/4" flatbar.

Attached to the old 70 series crossmember brackets, which I left on the frame , because I thought they might be useful and more importantly, I was ****in sick of grinding.

Will probably add another smaller shoe on the PTO side. It'll make it a bit stronger but it's already pretty stout compared to the original.

I have a 40 series plate but it was a pain in the ass to fit with the wider frame.

PXL_20220510_192835256.jpg

PXL_20220510_195030869.MP.jpg
PXL_20220510_195051355.jpg

Next will be the parking brake.

I see a hole, is that for draining the case? It seems a bit off

Ya know, just checking. Next time you are getting stuff from CruiserOutfitters get the new allen head
replacement drain plugs. So much nicer and easier to deal with.
Actually just realized I was looking at it on my iPad before. The screen is smaller and on the laptop its much clearer.

I think those allen drain plugs are the same ones newer toyotas use. Tacomas etc. Can probably get them other places too.

They've been on my list for years, having welded nuts to more than one diff drain plug to get them out. :bang:

How to tell if a guy is qualified to work on your antique Toyota:

Check his 24mm and see if the nose has been ground flat.
AE700411-FB6E-4668-87A5-C1012FB8BF8B.jpeg

How to tell if a guy is qualified to work on your antique Toyota:

Check his 24mm and see if the nose has been ground flat.
View attachment 3006193
Ha, I had one of those. Lost it.

I should really do another one. Turn it down really short so the impact fits under the diff....:hmm:

I've been resisting the allen key ones, because, I hate allen keys. **** ikea man. ****em.

thought I read that the allen drain plugs might not clear the low gear sets like you're running.
Got plans for that rear facing PTO output?

The Allen head drain plugs don’t clear the gears. I took about 1/8” off the end of mine so they fit.
But a 3/8” Allen head socket is a lot smaller than a 1/2” drive 24mm socket to pack. Easy fix

thought I read that the allen drain plugs might not clear the low gear sets like you're running.
Got plans for that rear facing PTO output?
Well that's a good enough reason for me not to bother with the allen plug.

For the PTO...I'm sorta tempted to do a water pump. Like one of those tractor pto driven roller pumps.

There's a few sizes, self priming (allegedly), high pressure, smaller ones can be belt driven...could be fun. I also have a pto winch but I don't think I'll bother with it.

most likely though, it'll just be an air compressor, I have a york, and a bigass cast iron thing I traded some junk with @bladedog for, but having a splined output at the rear bumper for a pump or other random rube goldberg contraptions could be fun.

I need to lift one of the compressers up into the available space and see how it looks.

Step one is ebrake tho because leaving the old bitch running on a slope near a body of water is just begging to become a photo op.

Doing the "gods must be crazy" at the driveway gate is getting a little old too. :lol:

Air compressor for sure and don't forget your blow up f-dolls when nobody wants go camp with you.:flipoff2:

Forget my blow up doll? Not a chance. She'd never forgive me.
You prefer to blow her by mouth?

Blow up I mean.

Compressors are risky for blowing up inflatables with 150 psi… had an unfortunate mishap with a snow toy… apparently they don’t flex well below zero.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom